Is anyone but Roisin actually a credible winner now?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    As a business partner, yes. She is confident, assertive, strategic and quite articulate. I like her and she is the kind of character that I would like to work with.

Having said that, if business plan is shit, no matter how credible she is as a person.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    It will be interesting to see what Bianca and Daniel's business plans are.
    I wonder if because we know so little about them whether that's a good sign for them?

Bianca's business plan is very likely to be something combining fashion and business (just look at her twitter account). As I see her as the winner*, it totally makes sense with the business she has started (earlier this year perhaps??).

*in terms of business plan, not in terms of the original format of the show (remember, after Tom P. winning, performance counts for nothing anymore).

As for Mark, his business plan sounds very vague and not very much grounded in reality.
  • LauraLSLauraLS Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Soloman has gotten worse and worse and just comes across as a sexiest pig now

When has he been sexist? :confused:

I think Solomon is quietly capable, he does seem to perform well, he was good at selling the other week and did well with the branding today. But because he's not as forceful as some of the other candidates he's not such a big focus for the cameras.
    Forum Member
    LauraLS wrote: »
    When has he been sexist? :confused:

Well, the winking incident and also flirting with Roisin :D
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for Mark, his business plan sounds very vague and not very much grounded in reality.
    We haven't heard that much detail of Mark's plan, but from what he did say tonight I'd have major reservations as online marketing platforms are two-a-penny and if he seriously thinks he's going to make £1m profit in year 1 ... hmm, that's VERY optimistic. Show me any internet start-up that's made £1m in year 1 ...
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bianca's business plan is very likely to be something combining fashion and business (just look at her twitter account). As I see her as the winner*, it totally makes sense with the business she has started (earlier this year perhaps??).

*in terms of business plan, not in terms of the original format of the show (remember, after Tom P. winning, performance counts for nothing anymore).

I do remember Tom and I agree with you. Apparently things have been going well for him and Alan Sugar to the best of my knowledge.
    So if he was a complete arse in Apprentice tasks that seems to bear little relevance to his success with Alan Sugar after his series ended.

I also try to think about their business plans in terms of how appealing I think Alan Sugar might find them.
    For example I'd find it hard to see Alan Sugar getting involved in a cupcake business.

By the way does anybody know how things are going with last year's winner and that cosmetic surgery business?
    Forum Member
    By the way does anybody know how things are going with last year's winner and that cosmetic surgery business?

Pretty well, I understand. She has opened up 5 (?) clinics at least I think. Heard her and Lord Sugar talking about it on The One Show recently.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member

Bizarrely Mark's proposal wasn't mentioned/explored either - as the other two were forced to explain their plan. We just were told it was very lucrative - by Mark.

Marks may be either daft or brilliant - why else conceal it till the interviews ? .
    Forum Member
    I do remember Tom and I agree with you. Apparently things have been going well for him and Alan Sugar to the best of my knowledge.
    So if he was a complete arse in Apprentice tasks that seems to bear little relevance to his success with Alan Sugar after his series ended.

I also try to think about their business plans in terms of how appealing I think Alan Sugar might find them.
    For example I'd find it hard to see Alan Sugar getting involved in a cupcake business.

http://www.drleah.co.uk/about-us Only one clinic mentioned, but it talks about clinics. plural
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Daniel might just have a great business plan, but he's just not credible as a business partner. He constantly overpromises and underdelivers, and that makes him difficult to trust in business.

Sugar must be impressed. I can see no other reason for keeping him in.
    Forum Member
    We haven't heard that much detail of Mark's plan, but from what he did say tonight I'd have major reservations as online marketing platforms are two-a-penny and if he seriously thinks he's going to make £1m profit in year 1 ... hmm, that's VERY optimistic. Show me any internet start-up that's made £1m in year 1 ...

Do you mean things like groupon - which Jim is now a Vice President with , or the Daily Chic which Michelle set up, or something to do with advertising ?
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Roisin was in her own league in the show, but I think Bianca after having a rocky start is really catching up now.

I'm not overly keen on the idea of ready meals either, I would've thought that it's an over-saturated market already, but next week we shall see. ;-)
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Sugar must be impressed. I can see no other reason for keeping him in.

Explosive interviews. You want at least two of those. Not 4 with Sanjay and James too.- or it looks silly. . You need to cull the numbers elsewhere too. and not end up with a choice of projects people would support. Imagine if he had a home for the elderly deaf on the table , and Katie saving the flabby, and he picked Leah's cosemtic surgery - because it ofered him more money.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's simply not true. You can have a great business plan idea and be shown to be unable to implement it through poor performance. The idea is important but you've still got to show you can do business in general terms.

People knock Tom's performance that series and claim Sugar saved him because of his inventions. But although he was often on the losing team he was hardly ever brought back in the boardroom final three. He didn't survive out of Sugar's liking for his nailfile design, but because successive PMs didn't see him as the cause of failure.

In the same series Susan's business plan was shot to pieces, yet Sugar has worked with her since because she made such a good impression as a candidate in the tasks.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I feel like I'm going to be annoyed no matter who wins, because the edit hasn't done a good job explaining why they do.
    I suppose the interviews may do it, but they'll probably just focus on the candidates getting a grilling and the cringeworthy moments like they always do.

Sadly the first thing that comes to my mind about eachother candidate is negative:
    Roisin - lacks spark and a backbone.
    Bianca - made huge blunders that would have got her fired had she been brought into the boardroom.
    Mark - sly, manipulative and not someone I'd want to work with.
    Daniel - deluded trainwreck.
    Solomon - he's barely made an impact all series.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm going to be annoyed no matter who wins, because the edit hasn't done a good job explaining why they do.
    I suppose the interviews may do it, but they'll probably just focus on the candidates getting a grilling and the cringeworthy moments like they always do.

Sadly the first thing that comes to my mind about eachother candidate is negative:
    Bianca - made huge blunders that would have got her fired had she been brought into the boardroom.
    Maybe because the story was too confusing to tell in a clear way? I'd far rather the edit reflects what happened than tell a simplified story to explain things.

They've all made mistakes and they've all had successes, even Daniel ...

... apart from Solomon of course. Obviously a nice guy but far too innocent to compete with the rest. "She winked at me". :blush::D
    Forum Member

Thats true, and there's been no signposting of any emerging dark horse either. Last year they rewrote their edit of Luisa's first task as PM.- to point out what they had ignored - that she had hown talent there. They then had the week 10 trading up task - which showed her doing probably better than anyone has with that task. They also built up Leah's, week 9, boardroom speech, and pushed that- as Leah making a late run. Add in Neil - who they had been pushing since his "motivational" speech, and they had 3 candidates running well by this stage. This year, there's no horses really running, and they haven't even signposted that Roisin shares some of Leah's story.

Its also all unsatisfactory- as the double and triple firings distorted who was going and who stayed. People went, in weeks with multiple firings, who deserved to stay more than people who stayed the previous or next week, and several finalists would have gone now if the multiple firings had been that week. Who-is there is often who stayed - because they fouled up in the right weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the old fornat she would have walked this. However, we have seen tonight that Lord Sugar doesn't want to move into the food industry. Think that the final will be between someone who has made some real howlers (even as winning PM) and probably the most untrustworthy candidate of all series. So yeah, the meltdown will be complete next week.

He doesn't want to move into the restaurant industry, and with good reason - it's mentally competitive, with relatively low profit margins. However, a well-produced range of ready meals could make millions very easily. The order Tesco's placed tonight (20'000 units) would have yielded approximately five-ten grand profit on a £3 ready meal, probably closer to the latter. A popular brand could expect 10 x the order, once a month, on let's say ten products. There's no way Lord Sugar is going to turn down that sort of cash - the question, of course, is whether he trusts Roisin enough to supply the products to bring in that money...
  • RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm partly hoping that Daniel has a killer business plan now and wins, just to shock everyone and to see the look on Mark's face! :D
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quietly hopeful Mark leaves before Daniel in the boardroom next week. In the previews, they showed another clip of Mark making a snide comment about Daniel so not sure if that's the edit building him up for a fall again.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you mean things like groupon - which Jim is now a Vice President with , or the Daily Chic which Michelle set up, or something to do with advertising ?
    I think it's something to do with digital advertising, as that's where his experience lies. We'll find out more next week, I'm sure.
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roisin has been OK, but hardly flawless.
    I think the phrase 'least bad' describes her better than 'best'.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the winking incident and also flirting with Roisin :D

Yes, massive traits of a chauvinist there

Sigh
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bianca's business plan is very likely to be something combining fashion and business (just look at her twitter account). As I see her as the winner*, it totally makes sense with the business she has started (earlier this year perhaps??).*in terms of business plan, not in terms of the original format of the show (remember, after Tom P. winning, performance counts for nothing anymore)..

In Bianca's defence (at least compared to Tom) she does have the best "on paper" performance record of everyone remaining (1-0 as PM, joint most task wins with Roisin, joint fewest boardroom appearances tied with Solomon) rather than the worst by miles, even if her personal positive contribution has occasionally been...erm...maybe off camera.

(I thought it had been mentioned specifically a couple of times on-show that Bianca's business plan is tights?)
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca is useless, clearly an also-ran, not articulate at all. She's just like a stoopid 6th form student.

Solomon is just a kid as well. In the pitch talking about giving his Tea Pot as a gift to his student mates after an exam. Hilarious.

Daniel is Daniel. All talk and no trousers. He'd make a great monkey impersonator with that face he pulls.

It's between Mark and Roisin, business plans permitting. Sugar clearly likes the sound of Mark's, well, more so than restaurants and fitness databases.