Options

Username Silliness (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Heading down on Tuesday and coming back 28th probably.

oh nice....long enough to enjoy the change i do hope you have a lovely time An.....i'd hide that new pendant cos Dave 'll eat it if he sees it....
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    planets wrote: »
    oh nice....long enough to enjoy the change i do hope you have a lovely time An.....i'd hide that new pendant cos Dave 'll eat it if he sees it....

Thanks P

And if Dave starts nibbling or even takes so much as a sniff of where I keep a pendant, I'll have him arrested. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks P

And if Dave starts nibbling or even takes so much as a sniff of where I keep a pendant, I'll have him arrested. :D

:D:D:D:D

also wanted to mention what you said earlier about this thread feeling like "home" sometimes it is such a relief to come in here and know even if you disagree it's done in a pleasant way (apart from the FM planets that keeps editing that nice DavetheSensible's posts to twist his words.....) i have to say i just gave up on scd after Pet left.....:(

nice to be back here though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D:D

also wanted to mention what you said earlier about this thread feeling like "home" sometimes it is such a relief to come in here and know even if you disagree it's done in a pleasant way (apart from the FM planets that keeps editing that nice DavetheSensible's posts to twist his words.....) i have to say i just gave up on scd after Pet left.....:(

nice to be back here though :D

I only noticed Pets departure today and I came across that by accident. I went back over a few of her posts to see if I could see a reason. Couldn't. I was hoping we could lure her in here. She would fit right in don't you think?

I am loving Maidinscotland's late night thread. Have you seen it? It makes me laugh because as a late night thread host she is rubbish. She doesn't seem to be able to keep her eyes open past midnight. :D

Anyway tuck up time for tinys here, so I will bid you a good night. Catch you tomorrow. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    night An sweet dreams xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HAPPY YULE EVERYBODY *feeling vikingy* lovely Winter Solstice.....woooooo hoooo we made it.......spring is coming yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HAPPY YULE EVERYBODY *feeling vikingy* lovely Winter Solstice.....woooooo hoooo we made it.......spring is coming yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.......

Exactly my view Planets. Spring is just around the corner! :confused: We have Christmas to distract us for a couple of weeks and by then the nights will have been shortening for a fortnight. I know that January and February are still to come but we are now on the way out of winter rather than on the way into it. Yippee. This calls for a celebration - I happen to have a stilton on my person :D for just such an eventuality. Port anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tk096 wrote: »
    Erm I used that old mattress to safeguard the door a few pages back, two broken springs poking out, enjoying the g&t I didn't think anyone would miss it and it was a luxurious addition to my winter quarters. (btw onslaught never really happened and almost everyone seems to have forgotten/ignored him, which is the finest thing which could have happened). If you really want it back it can be arranged.:)

An, we live in c1950, you have to guess more x

You mean the Isle of Wight? :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly my view Planets. Spring is just around the corner! :confused: We have Christmas to distract us for a couple of weeks and by then the nights will have been shortening for a fortnight. I know that January and February are still to come but we are now on the way out of winter rather than on the way into it. Yippee. This calls for a celebration - I happen to have a stilton on my person :D for just such an eventuality. Port anyone?

oooo lovely stuff! are you sure though,that pendant looks lovely on you, seems a shame to eat it?.....have an urge to dance round a bonfire.....:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    oooo lovely stuff! are you sure though,that pendant looks lovely on you, seems a shame to eat it?.....have an urge to dance round a bonfire.....:blush:

Yep that's right. Dancing around a fire wearing a fermenting dairy object is a tradition going back ions. I daresay Thor and Woden did the same. :D Don't worry plenty more stilton where that came from. I have forsaken smoked feta for the time being in favour of a more seasonal delight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And if Dave starts nibbling or even takes so much as a sniff of where I keep a pendant I'll have him arrested. :D
    'Wouldn't be the first time that's happened, but not for rummaging where I shouldn't :D:o

Christchurch, eh. Not been there for a looong time. I'll bring the usual goodies and a bottle of Tuaca I've been saving for a special occasion . Beach walk? Hengistbury way is nice and sandy.
    Dancing around a fire wearing a fermenting dairy object is a tradition going back ions.
    I believe there are etchings about of my ancestors doing just that. In pink tutus I dare say.
    Mice pies to go with the port anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep that's right. Dancing around a fire wearing a fermenting dairy object is a tradition going back ions. I daresay Thor and Woden did the same. :D Don't worry plenty more stilton where that came from. I have forsaken smoked feta for the time being in favour of a more seasonal delight.

ah a woman after my own heart.......traditional Yule dancing round a bonfire *CHECK*.....was just looking up traditional Yule food from iceland to see if cheese was involved and one of the recipes had margarine in....surely margarine isn't an authentic ingredient:confused:
    them vikings were time travellers :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ah a woman after my own heart.......traditional Yule dancing round a bonfire *CHECK*.....was just looking up traditional Yule food from iceland to see if cheese was involved and one of the recipes had margarine in....surely margarine isn't an authentic ingredient:confused:
    them vikings were time travellers :o

I consider Iceland to be the supreme authority on all things Viking.

On a more serious note I thought margarine had been removed from our food chain. Doesn't it have those trans fat thingies?

Rule change - except for furniture of course. You have to go to Sweden for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I consider Iceland to be the supreme authority on all things Viking.

On a more serious note I thought margarine had been removed from our food chain. Doesn't it have those trans fat thingies?

Rule change - except for furniture of course. You have to go to Sweden for that.

** just wants to point out i meant Iceland the country not Iceland the shop**:blush:

Gleðileg Jó
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'Wouldn't be the first time that's happened, but not for rummaging where I shouldn't :D:o

Christchurch, eh. Not been there for a looong time. I'll bring the usual goodies and a bottle of Tuaca I've been saving for a special occasion . Beach walk? Hengistbury way is nice and sandy.

I believe there are etchings about of my ancestors doing just that. In pink tutus I dare say.
    Mice pies to go with the port anyone?

Hengistbury Head is definitely on the agenda. But the exact day depends on my sister's work shifts and when my brother comes over. Mudeford Quay is the other side of the narrow entrance into Christchurch harbour. Nice pub there for a post walk drink or chips!
  • Options
    tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    Hello all just in from spending the day distributing presents and receiving some, many bottle shaped. Happy 21st December to you all, can't wait for those barely discernable minutes of light to start strengthening.
    Like the bonfire.
    An - IoW, no. Too far south.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep double post again :blush:
    Have some seasonal interval music ...
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4ec2d025ef/18-wheels-to-bethlehem

edit: bet DM reckons they've caught me out ;-):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tk096 wrote: »
    Hello all just in from spending the day distributing presents and receiving some, many bottle shaped.
    Excellent news. Result :D
    Happy 21st December to you all, can't wait for those barely discernable minutes of light to start strengthening.
    About that. Read something today about why the mornings don't get lighter for about a week yet (never noticed) and ended up thoroughly confused about the length of a day.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30549149
    I might just stay in bed until it's all sorted out :o
    Except there's paté and Auld Alliance to make tomorrow, which means fondling cheese and licking knives and mixing bowls. So I won't :D
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christ An ... what did you put in that Port? I'm seeing double up there :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nurse .. Moosehead is hallucinating again!!!!! :o
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep double post again :blush:
    Have some seasonal interval music ...
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4ec2d025ef/18-wheels-to-bethlehem

Damn you and your untimely editing ... bah!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D
    Gotta be faster than that ;-)

Actually the irritating thing is that when I do it, it's the second one has the revised post, which means deleting the first if I want to get in before some smart-ass picks me up on it :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D
    Gotta be faster than that ;-)

Actually the irritating thing is that when I do it, it's the second one has the revised post, which means deleting the first if I want to get in before some smart-ass picks me up on it :p

Now that's no way to refer to Planets.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now that's no way to refer to Planets.

:o:o:o:o:o:o
    *checks arse realises it is somewhat casual......so fair enough*
  • Options
    tk096tk096 Posts: 5,829
    Forum Member
    An have a lovely break. Don't think I've ever been there, but it's possible x
This discussion has been closed.