I tried spinning.......never again

chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
Forum Member
Good lord, whats it all about? :eek: Rivers of sweat ran over the floor as all these die hard devotees pounded their joints into the ground suffice to say i couldnt keep up.........the chinese have got something with their tai-chi. :D

Comments

• padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    Tai Chi doesn't burn calories at *quite* the same rate though :D

p.
  • Dominatrix_BexDominatrix_Bex Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it once... can't say I enjoyed it much, but I can see the benefit of going! only problem is you can't sit down for two days afterwards because it completely kills your arse :confused::(

I hate the way the instructor/teacher shouts at you constantly to "go faster!!!"... I'm going as fast as I can woman, leave me alone!!!
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,508
    Forum Member
    A colleague at work died of a heart attack while spinning. Given the amount he drunk and smoked I can't say I was surprised.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turn the brake down to its' lowest setting and then only a quarter turn at the hardest :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this spinning??!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the S&M version of riding a bike.

They strap your legs to the pedals and then you just cycle until you can cycle no more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the S&M version of riding a bike.

They strap your legs to the pedals and then you just cycle until you can cycle no more.

EDIT: Well not legs, your feet hehe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive never heard of it?! :confused: What the hell?

By spinning i thought you meant firestaff or firepoi or something! I was gonna say its not THAT strenuous! ;):D
  • risingstarrisingstar Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried spinning a few times and i managed to get through those classes.
    My muscles do not respond very well to bike riding though and i prefer to run. For me though running is the most effective form of exercise.
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    risingstar wrote:
    I have tried spinning a few times and i managed to get through those classes.
    My muscles do not respond very well to bike riding though and i prefer to run. For me though running is the most effective form of exercise.

See i dont like running. My knees are pretty weak and i need to do things that dont jar my knees. The bike is alright but its the standing up they want you to do in spinning that was so bad. If i am on the treadmill i walk it dont run. But spinning :eek: never ever again. My sister called me a freak when she found out i went spinning :D
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was something the Whirling Dervishes did!
  • GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SlashNX wrote:
    What is this spinning??!
    Last time I checked, it was the process of creating yarn from raw fibres.

But it appears it is just an extreme use of an exercise bike.
  • kaniakania Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    spinning.. i thought it meant turning in circles with your arms spread out til you thought you were going to be sick

if it's something kinky.. it doesn't sound quite as nasty as i'd like,.. heh :D