Options

Dermot O'Leary v. Ryan Seacrest

123457»

Comments

• Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh exciting news ladies! Ryan wants to give us CASH!

http://www.hollyscoop.com/tv/ryan-seacrest/ryan-seacrest-developing-new-reality-show_1888.aspx

Right, Im up for this...we have passion, we have DREAMS, we want something we cant afford and we can ask for up to $250K! What a boost to the coffers of O'Leary Out Seacrest IN!

Wow, this was my 1000th post! :D
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good grief no Yanks on X factor, thank you very much.

Who gives a damn anyway who hosts anyway, not exactly an important job.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I know. But it's nice to dream:D And Simon's rich enough to buy ITV so you never know! He might make Ryan an offer he can't refuse;)

I'm sure he does, frequently ;)
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    Oooh exciting news ladies! Ryan wants to give us CASH!

http://www.hollyscoop.com/tv/ryan-seacrest/ryan-seacrest-developing-new-reality-show_1888.aspx

Right, Im up for this...we have passion, we have DREAMS, we want something we cant afford and we can ask for up to $250K! What a boost to the coffers of O'Leary Out Seacrest IN!

Wow, this was my 1000th post! :D
    Congrats on 1000 posts Allie - I wonder how many have been related to Sexy Si and ickle Ry?;)

I'm up for a bit of Ry's spare cash, where do I sign up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dermot times a million.

I cannot stand Ryan Seacrest, he is the reason I don't watch American Idol on TV, and just watch the performances on youtube.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    franster wrote: »
    Dermot times a million.

I cannot stand Ryan Seacrest, he is the reason I don't watch American Idol on TV, and just watch the performances on youtube.
    Aw, Ryan's sweet. And Simon adores him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I'll just restart this thread, because it is possible Ryan might be hosting TXF UK...
    Why is that? Well, Dermot's leaving the show whether he gets the job or not (and in case he doesn't, he said "my time on the series is over"), and he's also probably leaving his other commitments, like his radio show, to go over to TXF US if he does get it.
    What might be a possible scenario is a "job swap" like some call it, Ryan does TXF UK and Dermot's Radio 1 show, while Dermot does TXF US and maybe Ryan's KIIS FM show? Maybe he will get more popular through that?
    And I can already imagine the VO guy booming: "PLEASE WELCOME YOUR HOST, RYAN SEACREST!" and Ryan doing the "Welcome to the weekend spin" :)
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    antovolk wrote: »
    I'll just restart this thread, because it is possible Ryan might be hosting TXF UK...
    Why is that? Well, Dermot's leaving the show whether he gets the job or not (and in case he doesn't, he said "my time on the series is over"), and he's also probably leaving his other commitments, like his radio show, to go over to TXF US if he does get it.
    What might be a possible scenario is a "job swap" like some call it, Ryan does TXF UK and Dermot's Radio 1 show, while Dermot does TXF US and maybe Ryan's KIIS FM show? Maybe he will get more popular through that?
    And I can already imagine the VO guy booming: "PLEASE WELCOME YOUR HOST, RYAN SEACREST!" and Ryan doing the "Welcome to the weekend spin" :)

i have always liked Ryan, he is a great presenter, and American idol would not be the same without him(much better than Dermot, infact Dermot went over to the US to see how Ryan worked to copy him, fact.)
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    antovolk wrote: »

Interesting theories but I think you've been reading to much The Sun and Daily Star.

Firstly, Dermot has not said he is leaving the UK show. Not sure where you got that from? Even if he got the US version job, he can still do both as X Factor will be shown during the week on US tv. He can fly back and forth.

Secondly with regards to Ryan hosting the UK version have you read this thread in full? Ryan has 7 jobs during the year in the US. These are Idol, Managing editor of E! News, Anchor of E! News, Host of KIISFM's Breakfast Show from 5-10am each weekday in Los Angeles, Host of AT40 every weekend and Host of the Dick Clark New Years Eve show from Times Square. These are all lucrative contracts of which he would lose out on if he came to the UK.

Lastly, do you really think that Clear Channel his bosses on the Radio would consider a Job Swap? LOL! I highly doubt they'd risk an unknown on the number 1 Breakfast Radio show in LA. Anyway, he has just signed another three year $20 Million Contract so it will not be happening.
  • Options
    IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Ryan he is much more naturally funny than Dermot.

This has to be mt favourite Ryan moment of recent years :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGLEhharaUw&feature=related