Options

Sadie Frost: Who, what, why?

Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
Forum Member
Granted, she's not plastered all over every celeb rag as much as she was when she was married to Dave Law and hanging out with Mossy, but I've always wondered why this woman moves in supposed 'celebrity' circles.

As far as I can see, apart from a few bit-parts in minor Brit-flicks, and spawning pretentiously-named sprogs (Rudy Indiana Otis anyone?) by the small philandering one, she hasn't really done much of merit- but is still held up by the media as some sort of style guru/ A-lister. :confused:

I know she is co-founder of FrostFrench designs but to be honest, how many people are familiar with their clothes? As far as I can see, these days she makes the celeb pages just by being spotted out with men twenty years her junior. I've always wondered how she manages to take care of four children too; she's apparently one of the hard-partying 'Primrose Hill' set and frequently gives the appearance of being of a..well, altered state of consciousness. :D

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw her a while ago in a tv rerun of dracula from about 1992 (the one with gary oldman/keanu reeves) she was one of the 'brides' can't think of anything else!

as for the childcare thing, well all those people have a nanny or two don't they? (especially necessary with mr law in the house)

oh and i believe the eldest child is by gary kemp (ex of spandau ballet, for the benefit of younger ds'ers that was an 80's boy band!)
  • Options
    familytreefamilytree Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks like Lizzy Bardsley's thinner sister.

CLICK HERE :D
  • Options
    nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    familytree wrote:
    She looks like Lizzy Bardsley's thinner sister.

CLICK HERE :D
    omg that's fantastic, you 're right. is she really only 33?! :eek:
  • Options
    familytreefamilytree Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely got the same genes

CLICK HERE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    omg that's fantastic, you 're right. is she really only 33?! :eek:

Yes she is. Just like Sadie Frost has been 37 for the past ten years.
  • Options
    Mrs CMrs C Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Lizzy Bardsley has her own entry in Wikipdia!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    castel64 wrote:
    Yes she is. Just like Sadie Frost has been 37 for the past ten years.

Eh ? :confused:
    Sadie Frost is around 40; she's never hid the fact.

Similou wrote:
    Granted, she's not plastered all over every celeb rag as much as she was when she was married to Dave Law and hanging out with Mossy, but I've always wondered why this woman moves in supposed 'celebrity' circles.

As far as I can see, apart from a few bit-parts in minor Brit-flicks, and spawning pretentiously-named sprogs (Rudy Indiana Otis anyone?) by the small philandering one, she hasn't really done much of merit- but is still held up by the media as some sort of style guru/ A-lister. :confused:

I know she is co-founder of FrostFrench designs but to be honest, how many people are familiar with their clothes? As far as I can see, these days she makes the celeb pages just by being spotted out with men twenty years her junior. I've always wondered how she manages to take care of four children too; she's apparently one of the hard-partying 'Primrose Hill' set and frequently gives the appearance of being of a..well, altered state of consciousness. :D

Any thoughts?

Well she was married to Jude law for a start! :) And I wouldn't call Dracula and the Krays minor brit flicks of the 1990s. It seemed to me that SF more or less gave up her career to be a wife ( first to Gary Kemp then Jude Law) and mother,which I suppose is her perogative.

Her clothing company has been going for years and yes I'm familiar with her clothes.

If she can get men in their twenties...good luck to her ;)

With the approach of the big 40 she's been off the sauce. Read an article about her in some woman's mag earlier on this year and she sounded quite grounded and certainly looked great. I'm sure many women half her age would give their eye teeth to look that good.
    Photo from 2007:
    CLICK HERE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't she 42 this year :confused:

However old she is, she certainly looks better since she's been off the booze and not hanging around with gross moss so much.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i saw her a while ago in a tv rerun of dracula from about 1992 (the one with gary oldman/keanu reeves) she was one of the 'brides' can't think of anything else!

I think that's the only thing she's ever been in - she's a bit of a one-hit wonder in terms of acting achievements!
  • Options
    nationwide232nationwide232 Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she looks great for her age. Certainly better than lizzy bardsley :eek:
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody under the age of 70 looks better than Lizzy Bardsley!
  • Options
    ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definetly why?

And while I'm on what's the point of Pearl Lowe?
  • Options
    Vince JVince J Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs C wrote:

Off topic but did you read the part about her posing for the Sunday Sport? Coincidently that issue had the lowest sales ever... :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ValLambert wrote:
    Definetly why?

She's married to the drummer in Supergrass and part of the primrose pikey hill set. Think she designs lace curtains. Seriously.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's one of a swathe of 'famous for being famous' types, most of them originating in Notting Hill. Others include:

Meg Mathews - 50 something divorcee still claiming to be in her 30's
    Fran Cutler - bezzie mate of the aforementioned
    Pearl Lowe - wife of drummer (who has apparently just written an autobiog about her struggles with addiction) :yawn:
    Daisy Lowe - daughter of above and Stefani's husband Gavin Rossdale
    Davinia Taylor - has done nothing since her sacking from Hollyoaks
    Jackson Scott - incredibly thin, looks like a tranny and went out with Sadie

& finally, the Queen Behemoth of them all:

Ms Sienna Miller. This woman would have nowhere near the 'career' or interest she has now, had she not have cavorted with Dave Law. :eek:
  • Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    ValLambert wrote:
    Definetly why?

Thank you; she's another offender! Apparently she and her husband were the other couple named in Sadie and Dave's swing-fests by the media.

I reckon that lot all just partake of illegal substances and work their way round each other. Bleh. Can't be bothered with the 'Primrose Hill' set. :yawn:
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pearl Lowe - wife of drummer (who has apparently just written an autobiog about her struggles with addiction) :yawn:
    Daisy Lowe - daughter of above and Stefani's husband Gavin Rossdale

Yes, that was recent wasn't it? That Daisy Lowe's DNA placed her with Mr and Mrs Stefani?
  • Options
    tonystamptonystamp Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs C wrote:

lol has she?!