Options

Frankie Howerd: The Lost Tapes Channel 4 Tuesday 7.30

mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
Forum Member
✭✭
Twenty years after his death, this documentary celebrating the comedian's life and 40-year career in entertainment includes clips from his classic shows and previously unseen footage, from pilots and home movies to material from a live stand-up gig. The programme also looks at Howerd's extensive collection of correspondence, including exchanges with Laurence Olivier and Paul McCartney, and hears from famous fans such as Bruce Forsyth, Barry Cryer and Clive Anderson

Sounds intriguing!

Comments

• Options
    JoLucJoLuc Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like entertainment.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a poor reason to make another show about a dead gay comedian with a bad rug..
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Just been watching The Kenneth Williams Story: A Reputations special, probably dovetail with this quite nicely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Frankie Howerd: The Lost Tapes has just started on Channel 4 (from 8.30 pm on Channel 4 +1).

For anyone who reads this after it has been shown it is on again on 4seven tomorrow (2.1.2013) from 7.25 pm to 9 pm.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Frankie Howerd: The Lost Tapes has just started on Channel 4 (from 8.30 pm on Channel 4 +1).

For anyone who reads this after it has been shown it is on again on 4seven tomorrow (2.1.2013) from 7.25 pm to 9 pm.

Think i will watch this tomorrow as finding it hard to concentrate on it tonight :confused:
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Russ Conway :eek:

I never knew that ....for the younger members of DS he was a piano player ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ_tDn-LC40
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Oh dear Frankie and the Bee Gees, then heavy breathing with June Whitfield :)
    Some very odd projects.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    Terry Telly wrote: Frankie Howerd: The Lost Tapes has just started on Channel 4 (from 8.30 pm on Channel 4 +1). For anyone who reads this after it has been shown it is on again on 4seven tomorrow (2.1.2013) from 7.25 pm to 9 pm.
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Think i will watch this tomorrow as finding it hard to concentrate on it tonight :confused:

I've got it on now (it's on until 10 pm on Channel 4 +1 for anyone reading this just after it has finished on Channel 4).

It's well worth watching. Don't miss it tomorrow if you didn't see it today or if you want to watch it again.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the content wasn't "lost" as I've seen it before, unless they meant they've "lost" it since.
  • Options
    scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see all of that beegees film,they look like they have veg stuffed down their pants.! Like spinal tap.:-D
  • Options
    EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Would love to see all of that beegees film,they look like they have veg stuffed down their pants.! Like spinal tap.:-D

IIRC, Lulu played the part of the cook. :eek:
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One can only wonder at what hidden gems/shockers lurk in stars cupboards, attics and garden sheds.