dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am dying to know what is in the emails danny tried to delete
  • Options
    Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the show, an extra scene on ITV Drama's Facebook page to those who "like" their page.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    omg 1 hour to go
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 hour to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    Ridiculously excited! :D:o

I feel like I am going to pass out :o I need to find a paper bag :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    58 minutes
    :D
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I feel like I am going to pass out :o I need to find a paper bag :D

Oh dear, I read that wrong...was going to suggest installing a fresh tena lady :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so excited :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, I read that wrong...was going to suggest installing a fresh tena lady :eek::D

:eek::D:D:D:D
  • Options
    dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i havent had this much anticipation since i got up at 3.30am to watch the last 2hours of lost
  • Options
    MissSylviaMissSylvia Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Do you think they've bowed to the public reaction and filmed an extra scene post credits that may set up a second series?
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    i havent had this much anticipation since i got up at 3.30am to watch the last 2hours of lost

That's the last time I remember being this excited about a tv show, or thinking about a programme, trying to work it out as much.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chawton wrote: »
    I don't think Kevin the postie did it (or I'd be disappointed if he had) - I think maybe Danny posted something (photos?) to someone (the killer?), and regretted it, and was trying to get his letter back, and the postie's refusing.
    That makes sense.
    Would also explain why Tom was trying to delete those files if they were the same photos. Would also explain the argument between Tom and Danny . Tom didn't want Danny to post the photos and tried to convince him not to.

That would (probably!) rule out Tom as the killer...I think! But it would mean that Tom knows (or at least suspects) who the killer is....
    hmmm...

Less than an hour to go :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Melodybear wrote: »
    The actor who plays Nige was on Lorraine this morning and his accent is exactly like it is in Broadchurch...Its West Country but I don't know where. I live in somerset and its quite similar to some of the locals here:D (just checked and he's from Bristol)

OK, I couldn't resist coming back one last time, even though I'm supposed to be working.

I find the discussion of the accents fascinating. You would never hear anyone in the US ever saying that a character who was supposed to be living in Alabama had a South Carolina accent (and they do sound different, if you pay close attention). It is really interesting to me that apparently someone from Bristol can sound markedly different from someone in Dorset, although geographically they are close.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I keep thinking about motive. To strangle a child to death isn't something any normal person would do, even in temper. I just don't believe it can be anything to do with stealing a few pheasants or diesel. I don't think it has anything to do with drugs or extra marital affairs either. Those are all red herrings, the killer is someone who has kept their sick urges quiet and hidden.
    I think it will turn out to be someone with a record of abusing children, maybe even someone who has killed previously.

Am with you on motive - too light a reason are pheasants, diesel and extra marital affairs. Drugs can be a motive, depending on how much cash (cocaine, Becca's supplier maybe) is involved. But we've had insufficient characters or clues on this angle. Unless, incredibly, sweet and scatty Ellie is somehow involved in covering up a drug supply and someone close to her wanted to protect her job and reputation.

Other than psychic Steve, there isn't enough background to suggest that one of the main characters has kept hidden sick urges to kill a child. Possibly he was involved in the other Hardy case but is he a big enough character to justify a big reveal and which would cause Olivia to act her way to a Bafta? How would Tom be involved in this scenario - deleting information for what reason?

Then again - the vicar has issues, hands on a knee etc. But why would Tom trust him with his computer from which he had already deleted possible incriminating information?

If it was a lesser shennagin some of the men, with the young boys, were involved in, it may have been an accidental death - perhaps an argument or a tussle which caused Danny to fall or hit something which trapped his neck. Perhaps Joe did leave his body on the beach, perhaps Tom was deleting stuff Danny had sent - still doesn't explain the way the skateboard was retrieved and taken home by Tom all innocently. I'm stretching with this theory, I admit:o

I'm not trying to shoot down your theories RB, just ticking off possibilities. I'm no nearer guessing whodunnit but gosh, like you all here, I've a lot invested in tonight's final showdown!

55 mins to go, must eat then settle in with phone off and wine ready. See you in the aftermath :)
  • Options
    Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »
    That makes sense.
    Would also explain why Tom was trying to delete those files if they were the same photos. Would also explain the argument between Tom and Danny . Tom didn't want Danny to post the photos and tried to convince him not to.

That would (probably!) rule out Tom as the killer...I think! But it would mean that Tom knows (or at least suspects) who the killer is....
    hmmm...

Less than an hour to go :)

That could suggest Dean to be the killer, as Tom made it really clear he wasn't friends with Danny..maybe he didn't want Dean to know that he knew the secret...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Talking of photos, we still don't know why Jack was burning those photos in one of the early episodes, I forget which :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think more people know than just the killer
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    That could suggest Dean to be the killer, as Tom made it really clear he wasn't friends with Danny..maybe he didn't want Dean to know that he knew the secret...
    Good point.
    But is Danny's sister involved?
    Tom made sure both she and Dean heard his tirade about Danny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whose going to be posting when its on? I suspect not many :D

45 minutes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    wh1tew1ne wrote: »
    I'm soooooooooooo excited for 9pm!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uB7Bx8XU_g :D

This you tube trailer is fantastic. It perfectly sums up this fabulous show, and every time I watch it, the hairs stand up on the back of my neck and i start wellng up.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissSylvia wrote: »
    Do you think they've bowed to the public reaction and filmed an extra scene post credits that may set up a second series?

Exactly what I wondered a couple of pages back :D

I think it's entirely possible that the series ended with Hardy collapsing & dying & they've subsequently filmed an extra scene showing him opening his eyes again, setting it up nicely for season 2...hopefully anyway :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluie2103 wrote: »
    Talking of photos, we still don't know why Jack was burning those photos in one of the early episodes, I forget which :confused:

If Jack was innocent then:-

He had been through all the sex with an underage girl thing before. He said he was lucky to get out of jail alive. Now he was being accused of killing Danny. The totally innocent photos of the boys(Danny was topless) could be twisted and used as evidence against him

or

He was up to no good and burnt them because they would be incriminating.