What channels do NOT have DOGS?

stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
Forum Member
Aside from ITV1, Ch4 and BBC 1&2, are there any other channels (in the world, even) that do not have DOGs?

Comments

• Dan's DadDan's Dad Posts: 9,880
    Forum Member
    Aside from ITV1, Ch4 and BBC 1&2, are there any other channels (in the world, even) that do not have DOGs?
    The BBC dropped One Man and His Dog years ago!
  • richardcdonrichardcdon Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    itv 1 does
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC One
    BBC TWO
    BBC One HD
    BBC TWO HD
    Channel 4

I think that's it. Not entirely sure about ITV but I think I read that they added one during the recent rebranding. It may be worth noting that ITV HD loses its DOG usually during sports, because the ITV logo features on the scoreboard anyway.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Film4 and Film4+1 don't have a DOG.

None of the Sky Movies branded channels have DOGs. (They do add one when doing their Oscar coverage though)

Many of Sky's other channels have a DOG for just a few seconds at the start of the programme and after ad breaks before it fades away. (excluding News, Pick TV, Sports and +1 channels)

Sky aren't perfect when it comes to DOGs, but they have more respect for the viewer than most.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I can only think of BBC One, BBC Two and Channel 4... oh wait, doesn't one of them show Crufts when it's on?
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky One,Sky Atlantic.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Sky One,Sky Atlantic.
    As mentioned earlier they do have dogs but only for a very short period after a break
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    itv2 is full of them
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I didn't even notice that Sky 1 doesn't have a permanent DOG any more.
  • mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no sure, but STV does, and it's bloody annoying!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know whether it's technically a DOG but throughout the whole of the EE omnibus on BBC2 yesterday there was a yellow caption in the top right-hand corner saying Athletics with the red button.This might be relevant in a sports programme but surely not in a general entertainment one.If the athletics was that important why wasn't it on BBC1 or 2?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The instructions for removing the Red Button prompt depend on the platform you are watching.

Freeview and Freesat - Press the BACK or GREEN buttons
    Virgin Media - Press the BLUE button
    Sky - Press the BACK UP button

There's lots of good stuff on Red Button generally. I'd rather have the choice of Red Button than EastEnders fans complaining their omnibus was being swapped around the schedule for Track and Field.

BBC Two BBC Two HD does have a DOG on Learning Zone.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    I don't know whether it's technically a DOG but throughout the whole of the EE omnibus on BBC2 yesterday there was a yellow caption in the top right-hand corner saying Athletics with the red button.This might be relevant in a sports programme but surely not in a general entertainment one.If the athletics was that important why wasn't it on BBC1 or 2?

you do realise if you press back up or back or something like that the red button caption should disappear, but you are right the BBC shouldn't do sports red button captions in other non sport programs, its not fair to people who dont want sport and just want those other programs.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    The instructions for removing the Red Button prompt depend on the platform you are watching.

There's lots of good stuff on Red Button generally. I'd rather have the choice of Red Button than EastEnders fans complaining their omnibus was being swapped around the schedule for Track and Field.

lol you beat be to it about removing the red button caption! You also know more too! I didnt know the freeview/freesat or virgin options! Do you know the BT options?
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that information about removing the red button folks, didn't know but do now:D
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about sky atlantic
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about sky atlantic

They show a DOG for about 10 seconds at the start of the programme and after ad breaks, as mentioned more than once just up the page.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »

At least usually on sky any red button or reminder alerts are temporary and automatically disappear.
    Don't know why the beeb think it needs to be on permenantly until the user has to disable it.