The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Sorry I wasn't suggesting he was the main reason it failed, but I imagine he played a big part.

Lmao, make up your mind.
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Lmao, make up your mind.

:D:D:D
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    From Broadcast
    programme averages
    ITV - Belgium v Algeria: 3.14m (26.2%)
    BBC - Brazil v Mexico: 8.48m (39.1%)
    * 5-minute peak: 11.3m (46.4%) at 21:45
    BBC - Russia v South Korea: 2.46m (33.2%)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently BB has logged in the most complaints since the racism row in 2007 this series on average per day.

One particular episode (Monday 16th) got over 800 OFCOM complaints.

Meanwhile Cutting Edge last Thursday received a huge 1,800 OFCOM complaints :eek:
  • JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must say it seems a shame the BB +1 figures aren't being reported. As much as it is a small-rating show comparatively it airs every day and for figure-nuts or BB fans it's a real shame DS are just not bothering to list its +1 audience. Fair enough if it's under the 50k which would stop it rounding up at least 0.1m, but the fact that throughout the year nearly every +1 figure is reported yet DS neglect to just add 3 numbers in brackets to their articles is fecking irritating.

In other news brilliant figure for the Brazil / Mexico game and EastEnders did really well out of slot with a healthy BBC3 as usual.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    The whole concept of the show was horrendous, a different host would not have changed that .

Using H of De Vil logic Push the Button and Red or Black flopped because of the unpopularity of Ant & Dec;-)
  • yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Using H of De Vil logic Push the Button and Red or Black flopped because of the unpopularity of Ant & Dec;-)

:D:D:D

I would agree though that people dont see him as a LE host.
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    "@overnightstv: #Horizon about missing #MH370 drew excellent 2.4m/10% at 9pm on BBC2"

"@overnightstv: #TheAuctionHouse launched to 1.4m/6% on C4 at 9pm, plus 231.2k/1.4% at 10pm on C4+1"

I watched that Horizon program and thought it was excellent.
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Request please - Channel 4 Racing rating for Day 1 of Royal Ascot? (compared to last year?)
    Big day for the channel I think (BBC 2012 Derby over 3million, C4 Derby 2013 2million, C4 Derby 2014 1.5million).
    Thanks in advance.
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Answered my own question - Racing Post, Graham Green...

The beleaguered broadcaster is under pressure to deliver an increase in ratings on 2013 after the Investec Derby earlier this month attracted an audience of 1.55 million, an all-time low for Britain's premier Classic.

However Tuesday's coverage averaged 594,000 viewers, down from 616,000 12 months ago. The peak figure also fell from 900,000 to 847,000.

Channel 4, whose Royal Ascot audience plummeted almost 50 per cent last year in the absence of the BBC, has drafted in the services of Frankie Dettori and fashion guru Gok Wan in a bid to revive its fortunes this week.

A Channel 4 spokeswoman pointed out the programme's share of the TV audience increased to 8.1 per cent, compared to 7.8 per cent last year, and said: "Given that the coverage overlapped with two hours of World Cup build up on ITV (Belgium v Algeria, which started from 4.00pm - and averaged 3.1million /26 per cent share), Royal Ascot coverage performed strongly."
  • Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say that's a pretty good result considering the extra sport competition and how the derby fared compared with last year.
    Forum Member
    NeilVW wrote: »
    From Broadcast
    programme averages

BBc doing really well with the primetime football this week and pleased to see EE share at 32.5% even at 7pm.
    ITV have their night tommorrow - I wonder how low BBC will go?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,664
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Apparently BB has logged in the most complaints since the racism row in 2007 this series on average per day.

One particular episode (Monday 16th) got over 800 OFCOM complaints.
    No wonder Ofcom hates the show.

I presume this is with regard to Jale and perceived bullying. All I will say is she's a strong person and it appears to be water off a duck's back. It's difficult for BB to intervene when it's mostly playground level stuff.

A shame to see the show lose approx 200,000 last night. But C5 had a quiet night in general, just squeezed out. They'll be glad when the World Cup is over as there isn't much of a casual viewership to go around.
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    From Broadcast
    programme averages

Decent ratings all round although not a great share for Belguim vs Alergia, with an hour build up, what is the likely peak during the game? Around 4 million?

EE has been heavily triailled this week and that's helped plus the couple of surprises they've pushed

One other thing is Neighbours/H&A holding well at 5:30-6:30 for C5 during World Cup games. C5 will be pleased
    Forum Member
    James J wrote: »
    I must say it seems a shame the BB +1 figures aren't being reported. As much as it is a small-rating show comparatively it airs every day and for figure-nuts or BB fans it's a real shame DS are just not bothering to list its +1 audience. Fair enough if it's under the 50k which would stop it rounding up at least 0.1m, but the fact that throughout the year nearly every +1 figure is reported yet DS neglect to just add 3 numbers in brackets to their articles is fecking irritating.

In other news brilliant figure for the Brazil / Mexico game and EastEnders did really well out of slot with a healthy BBC3 as usual.

To be fair DS has been pretty bad with all its ratings reporting recently. Some +1s have been missed off a lot of programs and they have been rounding up which is another irritaion. Dont think they are picking on BB they are just generally a bit useless.
    Forum Member
    Joe40 wrote: »
    Answered my own question - Racing Post, Graham Green...

The beleaguered broadcaster is under pressure to deliver an increase in ratings on 2013 after the Investec Derby earlier this month attracted an audience of 1.55 million, an all-time low for Britain's premier Classic.

However Tuesday's coverage averaged 594,000 viewers, down from 616,000 12 months ago. The peak figure also fell from 900,000 to 847,000.

Channel 4, whose Royal Ascot audience plummeted almost 50 per cent last year in the absence of the BBC, has drafted in the services of Frankie Dettori and fashion guru Gok Wan in a bid to revive its fortunes this week.

A Channel 4 spokeswoman pointed out the programme's share of the TV audience increased to 8.1 per cent, compared to 7.8 per cent last year, and said: "Given that the coverage overlapped with two hours of World Cup build up on ITV (Belgium v Algeria, which started from 4.00pm - and averaged 3.1million /26 per cent share), Royal Ascot coverage performed strongly."
    It's not really much of a story this is it, a slight drop in viewers but a rise in share. Easy one for the C4 spokeswoman to defend this time. Still not great figures for Royal Ascot though.

No prizes for guessing what Racing Post think on the matter either. When drafting in Gok Wan is your plan B, I do wonder how desperate things are going to become when they're into plan C and beyond.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the Womens Tennis on BBC2 is beating the Ascot these days?
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    No prizes for guessing what Racing Post think on the matter either. When drafting in Gok Wan is your plan B, I do wonder how desperate things are going to become when they're into plan C and beyond.
    :D

I hope he isn't as "hands on" with the racegoers as he is with the women on his fashion shows.
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe40 wrote: »
    Request please - Channel 4 Racing rating for Day 1 of Royal Ascot? (compared to last year?)
    Big day for the channel I think (BBC 2012 Derby over 3million, C4 Derby 2013 2million, C4 Derby 2014 1.5million).
    Thanks in advance.

Why has The Derby fallen away so much? It used to be close to The Grand National in terms of appeal.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was originally on at 8pm, with Corrie 7pm-8pm, not sure whether ITV moved Corrie later to make a clash, or BBC wanted to air The One Show so moved EastEnders later. What's odd is that despite freeing up the 7pm slot on the Monday, ITV are choosing to air a You've Been Framed repeat over Emmerdale.
    A case of "as you were" in that schedule now, with Coronation St at 7pm, and EastEnders at 8pm. Seems the 8pm One Show in yesterday's update made ITV think they had lost the opportunity to manufacture a soap clash, so they reverted to their original plan, BBC One removed The One Show, and moved EastEnders back to its regular slot. :)
  • RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Why has The Derby fallen away so much? It used to be close to The Grand National in terms of appeal.

Really?

I remember it once getting 4m. It certainly didn't get anything like the 17m the Grand National used to get.
    Forum Member
    Jumps racing is seen generally as more exciting to watch for obvious reasons so you'd expect the National to be watched in greater numbers. It's a very unique test.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    World Cup ratings average share after day six:

BBC- 39pct [35pct exc England]
    Itv- 30pct

People are saying the quality of coverage doesnt impact the ratings, that it is the teams involved. Well, it was the Beeb and Itv who alternatively chose the games they wanted. So it looks like thus far, the BBC have chosen the better games. Even if you estimate the next two England Itv games get about 60pct share, Itv ratings average will still be trailing behind BBC One's 39pct.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    Tomorrow's predictions:
    Full broadcast: 16.5m
    Match average: 18.9m
    Peak: 20.8m

Score: 3-2 to Uruguay

That might be utter rubbish of course but you never know!
    Youve predicted too high in terms of full broadcast average. In 2010 the averages for the primetime group games were 13.5mill and 14.3mill, in 2006 it was 14.4million. For euro 2012 primetime games broadcast avg was 11.0mill and 12.4mill. Taking into account it's on Itv, it defo wont be getting 16.5mill, probably more like 14-15mill. Only the knockout games with extra-time/penalty potential will be breaching 16.5million+ mark.
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Youve predicted too high in terms of full broadcast average. In 2010 the averages for the primetime group games were 13.5mill and 14.3mill, in 2006 it was 14.4million. For euro 2012 primetime games broadcast avg was 11.0mill and 12.4mill. Taking into account it's on Itv, it defo wont be getting 16.5mill, probably more like 14-15mill.

I KNEW you'd jump on these. These are PREDICTIONS.

So what if I'm wrong? I'm not particularly bothered. Only you are.
This discussion has been closed.