The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    It's looking more and more likely that EE will be starting at 8PM now. Bang goes Samuel's masterplan! :D:p
    Agut's won the last two games. So it looks like the Murray match will be overunning into the EE slot. So the peak for the Murray game at 8-8.10pm should be excellent. And it will result in EE having a fantastic lead-in to take advantage of, which will damage Coro's 8.30pm episode due to overlapping past 8.30pm.
  • robbazarobbaza Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Gets hat and coat and leaves in a huff.:p:)

I'll be back when Andy's won, about 10 minutes.

Oh no a fight back.:o

Samuels spiked murrays drink! ;-)
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sports fans have nothing else to watch either - both cricket matches on Sky it's raining, and it's a rest day in the World Cup. Ratings for Murray should be good.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Agut's won the last two games. So it looks like the Murray match will be overunning into the EE slot. So the peak for the Murray game at 8-8.10pm should be excellent. And it will result in EE having a fantastic lead-in to take advantage of, which will damage Coro's 8.30pm episode due to overlapping past 8.30pm.

Does your whole life revolve around BBC1 out performing ITV1?
  • Joe40Joe40 Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what that is on BBC2, but it's not Today At Wimbledon.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Coast! :-)
  • jackc1806jackc1806 Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Another Corrie EE clash for the second time this week! That's never happened before surely?
    Forum Member
    Murray match finishes at 20.09, BBC1 coverage still airing with them interviewing him. Should be a strong inflated peak audience for the 20.00-20.05 period.
    Forum Member
    EastEnders follows "very shortly" says the banner; BBC website says MasterChef runs 20:40-22:00 but this will change unless they've prepared shorter edits.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackc1806 wrote: »
    Another Corrie EE clash for the second time this week! That's never happened before surely?

It's stupid and shouldn't be happening. It's really unfair on people who watch both of those soaps.
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even Steve Williams is saying the Beeb has kind of messed up their Round of 16 picks:

Steve Williams @SkillageSteve · 12m
    So, that's the Beeb, Sat 5pm, Mon 5pm, Tue 5pm and 9pm, ITV Sat 9pm, Sun 5pm and 9pm, Mon 9pm. Think the Beeb ballsed that up, to be honest. The question therefore is what the hell BBC1 now show between 8.30 and 10.10 on Sunday. I know there are sporting considerations but BBC1 picking three 5pm games seems such a waste of having first pick

Well, thanks for the promotion of my Twitter feed, Samuel, but I'd rather you didn't post my tweets on here please because if I want to make a contribution to this thread I'll come on here and make it. I'd rather take the time to think about what I want to say here, rather than contribute via a few careless tweets. And you don't even follow me to get my bloody numbers up.
    cylon6 wrote: »
    I agree with Steve about the BBC1 picks. Better quality matches but rubbish times.

Yes, I think it's amazing the Beeb have got first choice and ended up with three 5pm matches, I know on paper they are all good matches but it seems such a waste, especially on Monday when it'll totally split the audience. The thing that most amazes me is that Germany vs Algeria wasn't at least third choice, they're one of the favourites, the match is quite interesting because of the history and it's in primetime. I can go with Brazil as first choice, and Holland as second choice, but what the appeal of Argentina vs Switzerland at 5pm on a weekday is is beyond me.

Meanwhile, here's something a bit interesting from the Broadcast timeshift chart, ranked by gain in the officials...
    3) 'stEnders (Tuesday, 19.30) - 5.53m, 0.87m (18.7%) gain
    4) 'stEnders (Thursday, 19.30) - 5.89m, 0.82m (16.2%) gain
    6) 'stEnders (Monday, 20.00) - 7.42m, 0.74m (11.1%) gain
    13) 'stEnders (Friday, 19.00) - 4.65m, 0.60m (14.8%) gain
    19) 'stEnders (Friday, 01.30) - 0.78m, 0.54m (228.3%) gain

So now both Friday showings are in the chart! I also note that the England match took the Pops 79 repeat on BBC4 down to what I think is its lowest ever rating, 150,000.
  • ChrisEChrisE Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Coast! :-)

I feel vindicated now.:)
    Forum Member
    Will be fascinating to see who wins the Soap Ratings War tonight, with a huge battle between EastEnders v Coro St. In particular, it would be fascinating to see the 20min head to head between 20.30-20.50. We'll finally see which soap the Great British Public prefer watching without one soap starting a full half an hour before another.
  • jackc1806jackc1806 Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Sat 23rd August Doctor Who launch...
  • D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed: Doctor Who returns with a feature length episode on Saturday 23rd August.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I think two posts on that is enough. :blush::D Great use of the Murray boost though, promoting the airdate this early is great.
    Forum Member
    Three posters quick off the mark at 20:19; that's also when EastEnders finally made it to air, tape-checking fans. :-)
    Forum Member
    jackc1806 wrote: »
    Sat 23rd August Doctor Who launch...
    Thanks. This is as expected but very interesting news. It means Doctor Who will air on Saturdays this Autumn from 23rd August to 16th November. Doctor Who will probably air around 6.30pm, meaning that Strictly will end up airing in a very nice 7.15pm-ish starting slot. SCD will be airing the latest it has done in years which will help maximise its ratings and overlap more into XF to pull down XF's figures.
  • Ivor FannyIvor Fanny Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's stupid and shouldn't be happening. It's really unfair on people who watch both of those soaps.

This is a nul and void arguement now in the days of PVR's, +1s , and players.
  • robbazarobbaza Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Thanks. This is as expected but very interesting news. It means Doctor Who will air on Saturdays this Autumn from 23rd August to 16th November. Doctor Who will probably air around 6.30pm, meaning that Strictly will end up airing in a very nice 7.15pm-ish starting slot. SCD will be airing the latest it has done in years which will help maximise its ratings and overlap more into XF to pull down XF's figures.

We shall see.im hoping they see sense and show doctor who post 8pm.inthink it would do really well in a later slot
    Forum Member
    robbaza wrote: »
    We shall see.im hoping they see sense and show doctor who post 8pm.inthink it would do really well in a later slot
    Yeah perhaps. Either way you look at it, whether DW is on at 6.30pm or 8pm, XFactor will be facing tougher competition this year than previous years. So the fact it was struggling against Atlantis last year doesn't really bode well for this series when it either faces more of the tail-end of SCD or Doctor who. The Beeb has got the Autumn scheduling spot on so far, all we need now is the Great British Bake Off on Sundays at 8pm and New Tricks on Mondays at 9pm this Autumn, which will result in a very strong quarter for BBC1.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I can see Tumble starting on the 23rd as well, something like 19:00 - Tumble, 20:15 - Doctor Who. It's six episodes so would finish in time for Strictly to start on 4th October, and on the night of the launch show it can be as above but with Strictly at 6pm.
    Forum Member
    I can see Tumble starting on the 23rd as well, something like 19:00 - Tumble, 20:15 - Doctor Who. It's six episodes so would finish in time for Strictly to start on 4th October, and on the night of the launch show it can be as above but with Strictly at 6pm.
    Excellently planned by the Beeb if they do what you suggest. Tumbled will have significant promotion over the BBC services during the Commonwealth Games. If it launches on the same night as Doctor Who, it can be promoted as a big blockbuster Saturday which will get people tuning into Tumbled. And even if the first couple episodes of Tumbled dont really rate too high, the Strictly Come Dancing Previous Show will give Tumbled a 7.5m+ lead-in to take advantage of. So a 4m rating for Tumbled will suddenly turn into around 5m for that SCD inflated episode. It's all being very well planned by the Beeb imo and Tumbled could become a firm ratings success with audiences.
  • JayLee1JayLee1 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I would like it to, EastEnders won't win the soap battle at all tonight. For one thing, that post-match interview with Murray went on for a good 5 minutes - sorry but watching Murray being interviewed is frightfully dull and therefore enough ammunition for millions to switch over to Emmerdale - then you had the 90 second news update followed by countless trailers before EastEnders actually began.

And it was a pretty non-event EastEnders tonight.
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE should be looking at a good 7million+. Corrie was crap for the 1st episode so I imagine many simply didn't bother with the 2nd. ITV's own fault for employing SB.
This discussion has been closed.