Options

How much sorrow can someone have?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am one of those who had a post removed because I got so angry at the way the thread was being hijacked.

I just want to repost how sorry I am for everything you are going through at the moment Poblet, and wish you all the best for the future.
  • Options
    LuverlyAJLuverlyAJ Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poblet wrote: »
    Today has been one of the worst of my life. A day when I would have turned to my mum, and my partner, the house is even more empty as my lovely boy is also no longer in it. How the hell does anyone deal with this?

I do not know how much sorrow a person can bear, but you must be close to finding out.
    You've had a few months that nobody would want to experience.
    I am so very sorry for your situation. I can feel your pain in your words and only try to imagine the sadness.
    We all depend on our closest family members, our chosen life partners and when all else fails, our pets.
    I hope you have other good friends to help you through this. In the mean time talking on line can be very therapeutic as you can reveal thoughts and feelings with some anonymity.

I would also suggest some counselling, a real person to talk to and give you some comfort through expressing your pain anger and confusion.

I wish you a period of peace to come to terms with what has happened and I hope your future holds a surprising amount of happiness and good fortune as it seems the universe owes you.
    Bless you x
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LuverlyAJ you really are 'luverly'. :)
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just popped in to say to Poblet I'm thinking of you and hope the couple of days have been easier for you.
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A number of posts have been removed from this thread. This isn't the thread to discuss the merits of keeping cats in or out - apologies to anyone that has quoted a post that has been removed and additionally added a message of condolence; you will need to repost that separately. Any further posts on that topic will find their posting privileges revoked.

To Poblet, we're very sorry for your losses and wish you every strength in getting through your current situation.

Thank you Mods for this. x
  • Options
    PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A number of posts have been removed from this thread. This isn't the thread to discuss the merits of keeping cats in or out - apologies to anyone that has quoted a post that has been removed and additionally added a message of condolence; you will need to repost that separately. Any further posts on that topic will find their posting privileges revoked.

To Poblet, we're very sorry for your losses and wish you every strength in getting through your current situation.

Thank you so much for this. You will never know how much this means to me.

There are lovely people out there, and thank you to those who have posted since this. Believe me, it really does give me some comfort.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poblet, there are no words. Just xxxxx

Time will heal.
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for this. You will never know how much this means to me.

There are lovely people out there, and thank you to those who have posted since this. Believe me, it really does give me some comfort.

how are you doing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how are you doing?

Thank you for asking, lovely. I am up and down, as I'm sure you can imagine. My lasting memory of my boy is that he was thanking me for his extra time I gave him, and was also there for me for the extra time I needed him when my partner died, and he was telling me he had done all he could and it was his time to go. I truelly believe that although some people might think that is nonsense. That last day he wouldn't leave me alone and was sitting with me and purring. He knew, and I knew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    I do not know how much sorrow a person can bear, but you must be close to finding out.
    You've had a few months that nobody would want to experience.
    I am so very sorry for your situation. I can feel your pain in your words and only try to imagine the sadness.
    We all depend on our closest family members, our chosen life partners and when all else fails, our pets.
    I hope you have other good friends to help you through this. In the mean time talking on line can be very therapeutic as you can reveal thoughts and feelings with some anonymity.

I would also suggest some counselling, a real person to talk to and give you some comfort through expressing your pain anger and confusion.

I wish you a period of peace to come to terms with what has happened and I hope your future holds a surprising amount of happiness and good fortune as it seems the universe owes you.
    Bless you x

Thank you for this.xx
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for asking, lovely. I am up and down, as I'm sure you can imagine. My lasting memory of my boy is that he was thanking me for his extra time I gave him, and was also there for me for the extra time I needed him when my partner died, and he was telling me he had done all he could and it was his time to go. I truelly believe that although some people might think that is nonsense. That last day he wouldn't leave me alone and was sitting with me and purring. He knew, and I knew.

I don't think it's nonsense at all. When my husband is sad our cats (or cat now I suppose :() sit with him and purr much more than usual. Animals are very sensitive.

I hope you are bearing up. I think of you often
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Animals are more intuitive than we can ever imagine. I could see in my boy's eyes it was time to go, he was asking me for help and relying on me to do the final act of kindness. It's been nearly three months now and I've only just been able to start looking at pictures and remembering the good times.

You will get to that place too x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Animals are more intuitive than we can ever imagine. I could see in my boy's eyes it was time to go, he was asking me for help and relying on me to do the final act of kindness. It's been nearly three months now and I've only just been able to start looking at pictures and remembering the good times.

You will get to that place too x

Yes. The last day he wouldn't leave me alone, he was pawing my chest, and every time I sat down he was there with me. When he was at the vets when they were preparing him to be PTS he gave me a wild eyed look, then I put him on my lap, and he snuggled under my arm like he always did. I had to frame a couple of photos a few days ago just to see him. I miss him every day because he was a constant in my life, and was there for me when my partner died. I'm still taking each day as it comes, but tonight I cried like I would never stop. Been to bed and got up again.
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:) That's not ridiculous at all, most people would understand I'm sure.

Hope you are OK today Poblet
  • Options
    tim_smithtim_smith Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Poblet.

I do sympathise with your loss. Grief is extremely painful but it does ease. My husband died four months ago, and yesterday our 15 year old dog had to be out to sleep due to fitting and breathing problems. It’s heartbreaking I know, but it does ease.

My two year old Springerdoodle is keeping me going.

Take care and remember to look after yourself. By this I mean, it's easy to forget to eat or drink. I keep making myself eat to keep my strength up as I need to look after my three cats and dog.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey Poblet, how's it going? :)