Options

Just had the worst new years ever

mizhogmizhog Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
i had arranged to go to a club with 3 friends, one of which was going to meet us later, and the other one i met but she had been drinking all day and was quite drunk and a bit annoying when i met her. we went to this club which i got tix for weeks ago and we was in there (at 10pm) for just 20mins before she moaned and said she didnt like it. it wasnt that busy yet but it was still early plus she said it was trashy (it wasnt). After paying £10 to get in i was pissed off tbh

so...after 20 mins we left, got a cab to another place, a place where she often goes and just down the road from where she lives.it would have been another £25 to get in this place but we both got in free as she knew the bouncer, she also paid for the cab (another £20)

when we were inside it was heaving and she is a bit of a flirt and kind of went off on her own, saying to me, she doesnt want me following her around like a bodyguard lol wtf

so after having a couple of drinks with her and after she went off and as i was stood on my own i thought right ive had enough of this, and i left without saying goodbye to her

then the other mate who was due to meet us later text me and asked if i was still in the bar

i txt back and said no i left and she said she caught up with the mate i was out with originally but she said she sort of left me hanging (which she did) and that she didnt like that

so basically i spent my new years storming off back home in the rain:mad:

wish id stayed at home

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    It doesn't sound that bad to me. Yeah a bit annoying maybe but certainly not 'the worst New Year's Eve ever'.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could have been so much worse. Disappointing and annoying though I know x
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    There's a kid dying in Africa tonight who would give anything to swap lives with you OP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    There's a kid dying in Africa tonight who would give anything to swap lives with you OP

:confused: what?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member

It's impossible to say this without sounding preachy and annoying, but yeah, pretty much ^^
  • Options
    hellsTinkerbellhellsTinkerbell Posts: 9,871
    Forum Member
    mizhog wrote: »
    i had arranged to go to a club with 3 friends, one of which was going to meet us later, and the other one i met but she had been drinking all day and was quite drunk and a bit annoying when i met her. we went to this club which i got tix for weeks ago and we was in there (at 10pm) for just 20mins before she moaned and said she didnt like it. it wasnt that busy yet but it was still early plus she said it was trashy (it wasnt). After paying £10 to get in i was pissed off tbh

so...after 20 mins we left, got a cab to another place, a place where she often goes and just down the road from where she lives.it would have been another £25 to get in this place but we both got in free as she knew the bouncer, she also paid for the cab (another £20)

when we were inside it was heaving and she is a bit of a flirt and kind of went off on her own, saying to me, she doesnt want me following her around like a bodyguard lol wtf

so after having a couple of drinks with her and after she went off and as i was stood on my own i thought right ive had enough of this, and i left without saying goodbye to her

then the other mate who was due to meet us later text me and asked if i was still in the bar

i txt back and said no i left and she said she caught up with the mate i was out with originally but she said she sort of left me hanging (which she did) and that she didnt like that

wish id stayed at home

Dont worry son...it'll only get worse.
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh its only one night in your whole life. We all have shit nights and good nights.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused: what?

The poster was making a point that your "worst evening ever" felt like a bit of an over exaggeration, all things considered ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    should have stayed in.
  • Options
    AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    Sorry to hear about this miz...

Your friend sounds terrible though. Is she really that bad or just extremely inconsiderate?
  • Options
    RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your profile says you are male.

Why on earth are you hanging around with two female friends anyway, it was pretty obvious this would happen. Why not go out with a few blokes, surely that would make sense!?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Your profile says you are male.

Why on earth are you hanging around with two female friends anyway, it was pretty obvious this would happen. Why not go out with a few blokes, surely that would make sense!?

What a weird thing to say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've lost my job, my wifes left me, my children have been taken away, my house has been reposessed, my car has been written off by a thief, even my dog has packed his food bowl and bed to move in with the bitch down the road. But that's all ok because apparently.......

You could answer anything bad with the above. :p

p.s. I still have my job, wife, house and dog & I've never had kids, So all is good! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    What a weird thing to say.

Why?

If OP is presumably single, then it makes more sense to go out with other men, have a laugh and perhaps meet some girls. That isn't so easy when hanging around with platonic female friends is it? Besides, men have more in common with other men and women with other women, which is why you usually see groups of men or groups of women going out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe the OP is gay or maybe he just prefers female company. Who says that people have more in common with the same sex than with the opposite.

That is an even weirder thing to say than the last thing you said. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why?

If OP is presumably single, then it makes more sense to go out with other men, have a laugh and perhaps meet some girls. That isn't so easy when hanging around with platonic female friends is it? Besides, men have more in common with other men and women with other women, which is why you usually see groups of men or groups of women going out.

lesson learned, alot of my male friends were being boring and stayed home tonight and the others were doing their own thing
  • Options
    subversivesubversive Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wish id stayed at home

eh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just got some txts from the friend who has pissed me off tonight...asking where i am and if im ok...i shant bother replying me thinsk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why?

OP could be gay, or could just get on with these female friends better than the male friends he knows. I don't think life is as black and white as you're making it out to be, and I don't think it's entirely relevant to what happened to the OP. Men can be dicks as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    just got some txts from the friend who has pissed me off tonight...asking where i am and if im ok...i shant bother replying me thinsk

You go girl!
  • Options
    Forum Member

What about a courtesy reply?

Something short and polite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lesson learned, alot of my male friends were being boring and stayed home tonight and the others were doing their own thing

I hate it when that happens. I had a group of friends who used to always get together for new years eve and we had an absolute blast every time. Best night of the year. Then some time in our 20s more and more of us couldn't be bothered any more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AndrewPd wrote: »
    What about a courtesy reply?

Something short and polite.

Maybe "**** you"?

Or is that just me? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    Maybe "**** you"?

Or is that just me? :o

If she's making an effort at reconciliation maybe it is best not to burn bridges.
  • Options
    FunctionFunction Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i shant bother replying me thinsk

You will.