Options

Are charity shops behind with the times?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sue Ryder shop in one of my local towns are selling CD singles at 95p each :eek:

Is it just me or is that really expensive? Who is going to pay that for some tatty old 90s singles? :p

Comments

• Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is their obligation to sell products that they are donated. You could say the same in regards to them selling VHS.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    95p isn't that much but i agree 50p for me sounds more sensible. But i always hsop in Oxfam my local one has great selction on Books, Cd's, DVD's and all at an affordable price usually below £3 so i think they are great.
  • Options
    Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    Aren't charity shops run by professionals?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there are still some people who buy CD singles. Some collect them. And it's not just charity shops who sell them either. The likes of Cash Converters still sell them.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »
    Aren't charity shops run by professionals?

Some might be but it is usually volunteers who work in them.
  • Options
    brunoloverbrunolover Posts: 2,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can 95p be deemed too expensive for a CD single that probably contains 3-4 tracks when nowadays, the majority of teenagers have no problem in downloading 1 track for 99p and then having nothing to show for it (i.e. it's a download so you have nothing physical to show for your money or sell on, as you own nothing).
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    I have a limited collection on vinyl and cd that i wont get rid of and if the right song comes along i and i see it on cd/other formats i will buy that.

I still have the original jeff wayne war of the worlds on double cassette
  • Options
    sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work in oxfam and I do think 95p is too much at one point the albums were £4.99 for a 2 disc edition.
    When I complained to management he just said we have to make a profit dosen't make sense to me.
    Surely if all singles were 50p all albums £1 they would sell more and make more money for the charity.
    I go to poundland now for second hand cd's i've noticed british heart foundation have put there's down to 99p.
    I did get prince kiss 12" vinyl for 99p the other day which was a bargain and the wham albums on vinyl £2.99 each.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brunolover wrote: »
    How can 95p be deemed too expensive for a CD single that probably contains 3-4 tracks when nowadays, the majority of teenagers have no problem in downloading 1 track for 99p and then having nothing to show for it (i.e. it's a download so you have nothing physical to show for your money or sell on, as you own nothing).

plus CD's are much better sound quality then mp3s
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that people who like to collect singles or indeed albums will find themselves what they deem as a bargain. One persons rubbish is another man's treasure.