Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• KayteJKayteJ Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    In all honesty, it appears PA, no matter what he does, can't win.
    He's raising money for a cancer charity, to me, that's a good thing. By using his own name, he will get more attention to it.
    He's been accused many times of exploiting his brother, yet the same people (who claim not to like him) spend hours, days, months, even years on this forum, slating someone from the tv, who they have never even met in their lives? for not using that same brothers name to make more money??

Make your mind up people.
    Like i said, a no win situation.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KayteJ
    He isn't raising money..he wants you to give it to him for the charity ..what is he doing to raise any money himself? I don't see anything
    IMO the foundation should be in Andrews name ....
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KayteJ wrote: »
    He's raising money for a cancer charity, to me, that's a good thing. By using his own name, he will get more attention to it.
    He's been accused many times of exploiting his brother, yet the same people (who claim not to like him) spend hours, days, months, even years on this forum, slating someone from the tv, who they have never even met in their lives? for not using that same brothers name to make more money??

In a nutshell. :D

God knows what he has done , other than split from his wife (something that numerous folk are doing everyday), but some folk really seem to have it in for him. :(
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KayteJ
    He isn't raising money..he wants you to give it to him for the charity ..what is he doing to raise any money himself? I don't see anything
    IMO the foundation should be in Andrews name ....

I think he has things planned BB. You will just have to wait and see. Rome wasn't built in a day. Why dont you give him a break
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again... he does look lovely in a suit :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    I think he has things planned BB. You will just have to wait and see. Rome wasn't built in a day. Why dont you give him a break

I will when I see him do something that isn't about HIM ... Anyone can set up a foundation.. Ronan Keating did a walk through Ireland to a...Raise awareness
    b...raise money

Disclaimer : this is not just about PA

But I am no fan of any celeb who just puts their name to a charity or foundation and then does nothing themselves to raise money.. Or awareness for the charity they are the face of
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Is a stiff upper lip to be applauded? PA is known for being a cryer, at every emotional situation. Why ask him not to be who he is?
    di60 wrote: »
    err because he is a 40 year old father of two, coming across as an 8 year old who didn't get what he wanted from santa....
    He's crying over his dead brother, hardly a manbaby, and to compare it to the BIB, how vile.

A few posters have been complaining about the other thread being over the line, yet they're here making the worst comments they can think of.
    di60 wrote: »
    Let me tell you what's really "vile".... the way you twist and turn things..... I was responding to your saying "PA is known for being a cryer, at every emotional situation. Why ask him not to be who he is
    " I was NOT responding to your saying that he was "crying over his dead brother"
    That's what it looked like. Same as how it looked like your 'sick d!ckhead' comment was you taking umbridge, which you also denied.

I notice you've edited your post ;) perhaps you realise that I DID make it "clear"...
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will when I see him do something that isn't about HIM ... Anyone can set up a foundation.. Ronan Keating did a walk through Ireland to a...Raise awareness
    b...raise money

But I am no fan of any celeb who just puts their name to a charity or foundation and then does nothing themselves to raise money..

He's asking us to text to a number which will donate £5 to the Peter Andre Foundation.

Whoever wrote that message should have ran spellchecker.
    The roadshow is making a difference in communities across the UK by talking to people about cancer and raising awareness of the disese.
    Forum Member
    My take on the JR intereview...

Starts with him in the green room without his jacket on, he puts it on to come out and greet JR, and within 20 seconds takes his jacket off again WHY ?…. oh hang on, cue a bit of hysteria in the audience at the sight of PA undressing…. gurning face to the audience as if to stay ‘oh stop it’…

Discusses his reality show which JR says he “enjoys watching” (really??? because he’s a fellow ITV employee???) JR wonders if it was helpful to PA to film Andrews’s battle with cancer…. and the aftermath… PA says he “wanted to go away for 6 months” but after CP’s intervention and being the self-sacrificing martyr that he is, he said “Nah we gotta turn this to a positive” hey presto set up a “foundation” which he doesn’t give any details of…. perhaps because even he realises that as you can only link to it via his own website, that might not come across very well….

I find it hard to believe that PA’s management didn’t know they would be playing that old clip? which I thought was really fun, and bless him he tried to excuse himself as being ‘a young 15 year old’… I wish JR would’ve pushed him on what his excuse was as a near 40 year old…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB_UZUnpTv0

Best part for me was when JR discusses the last time he was on the show with KP, then shows picture of them together on previous show, JR says he felt they “made a lovely couple, and obviously had something, that’s for sure” … cue PA looking at someone (presumably CP) as if to say ‘he’s going off limits… am I allowed to continue?..’ JR quickly deflects by feeding PA’s ego with how he’s an ‘honest…well-adjusted…grounded.. and that’s why we all love him kinda guy… and has to re-assure PA with “I’m being silly about you because I admire you a lot”

On to talking about PA’s reality show….. JR feeds the ego again by saying how he loves to watch the reality show (again I ask myself, really???...or is JR on some sort of bonus for plugging another ITV show?) JR gushes about how PA has “the most adorable children…..they’re really pretty cute little things…. what lovely personalities they have …really sweet kids…..” but then goes on to ask “how do they deal with the filming … I guess for them that’s a normal life now”…. then we hear PA praising how “Junior is a little star… he comes up to me and says “yo dude where are the camera’s…. gotta show my flow dad, gotta show my flow…” ….. so I presume that’s PA's way of answering that, yes it is a “normal life” for them to have camera’s follow their every move… so much so, that Junior questions when they’re not there…..

I don’t know what the viewing figures are for a prime time Saturday night talkshow but there has only been one donation to the ‘justgiving’ page today so far…. I think that says a lot….

I think for the first time I actually feel sorry for PA, he should have taken that 6 months off and used the time to think about his loss, and in turn that might have helped him re-evaluate his own life…. It could have shown him that there are more important things than gripping on to his fame in the way that he is, he had an opportunity to connect with true “reality" but chose to **** out his grief instead…..and if he in anyway thinks that Junior’s behaviour is an example of a “little star”, he should get his arse round some children hospitals and see how some small children are battling the disease that took his own brother’s life…… that’s what you call real “little stars”….
    Forum Member
    b...raise money

But I am no fan of any celeb who just puts their name to a charity or foundation and then does nothing themselves to raise money..

I see he is doing a fundraising event for Cancer Research http://www.peterandrecrystalball.co.uk/charityball/ so that's something..

No doubt he will be doing more in the future. He is also doing a bike ride across Zanzibar in June to raise money to improve the lives of sick people living in Zanzibar, so this shows he does join in, not just ask people to donate.
    http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a450858/peter-andre-to-join-brothers-in-charity-bike-ride-across-zanzibar.html

He's also done marathon/s? before..

I still think it's the best idea to have his name on the cancer foundation. Everyone knows who PA is, but not so many knew who Andrew was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60
    I truely believe Peter is going to push junior into showbiz ..no matter what.. I don't know many 7 yr old who say " yo dude"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatyeJ
    The link for the Ball is so out of date..And having read it..there is no date for the ball and the tickets are£1,500 EACH not many of his fans can afford that?.and who would pay out so much without a set date

The one thing I don't like..the money is paid to CAN ..why surely the foundation should have its own account
    Forum Member
    I see he is doing a fundraising event for Cancer Research http://www.peterandrecrystalball.co.uk/charityball/ so that's something..

No doubt he will be doing more in the future. He is also doing a bike ride across Zanzibar in June to raise money to improve the lives of sick people living in Zanzibar, so this shows he does join in, not just ask people to donate.
    http://www.reveal.co.uk/showbiz-celeb-gossip/news/a450858/peter-andre-to-join-brothers-in-charity-bike-ride-across-zanzibar.html

He's also done marathon/s? before..

I still think it's the best idea to have his name on the cancer foundation. Everyone knows who PA is, but not so many knew who Andrew was.

I didn't have a clue who Marie Keating was, but thanks to her son, I now do.
    Forum Member
    KatyeJ
    The link for the Ball is so out of date..And having read it..there is no date for the ball and the tickets are£1,500 EACH not many of his fans can afford that?.and who would pay out so much without a set date

I didn't notice that :)

The Ball has been postponed and will likely take place near the end of the year http://www.peterandrecrystalball.co.uk/

I think this is one of those events where celebs attend, so the £1,500 ticket price tag should raise a lot of money for the charity.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Look, I know there are some on here who will find fault regardless - the nature of this and the KP thread, what can you do? - but surely it doesn't need pointing out the above BIB is a totally disingenuous take on the criticism of PA??

Andrew is at the very heart of the Foundation, to not use him now is to waste a good fundraising/awareness opportunity. This is absolutely the time to use him and focus on him, and to suggest that his use now is comparable with the way the show used him is such a specious argument.

Back to the Foundation, I assume PA et al will be doing their own fundraising towards the goal so good luck to them on that. All I'm saying is that putting Andrew front and centre now would be a very good starting point to actually achieving that goal. He was a lovely, genuine, gentle guy and I think people saw that and really warmed to him on the show - that is, in hard, cold, fundraising terms, in a highly competitive market, a great selling point. And by selling point, I mean a grabber of people's attention, crucial to getting people on board a cause.
  • NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatyeJ

The one thing I don't like..the money is paid to CAN ..why surely the foundation should have its own account
    I expect it's to insure all "administration fees" remain in house.:cool:
    He isn't Australian ..he was born here
    I suppose it's preferable to Simon Amstel's Buzzcock's description of him "Jordan's third favourite tit and second favourite twa* - it's Peter Andre!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »

I suppose it's preferable to Simon Amstel's Buzzcock's description of him "Jordan's third favourite tit and second favourite twa* - it's Peter Andre!"

:D:D:D:D:D that's so funny
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    He introduced Andre as "everyone's favourite Australian," I can think of several others more worthy of that title

Though Rolf Harris may have slipped down the pecking order recently ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KayteJ
    I'd say the reason for the postponement is because not enough people bought tickets...
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Look, I know there are some on here who will find fault regardless - the nature of this and the KP thread, what can you do? - but surely it doesn't need pointing out the above BIB is a totally disingenuous take on the criticism of PA??

Andrew is at the very heart of the Foundation, to not use him now is to waste a good fundraising/awareness opportunity. This is absolutely the time to use him and focus on him, and to suggest that his use now is comparable with the way the show used him is such a specious argument.

Back to the Foundation, I assume PA et al will be doing their own fundraising towards the goal so good luck to them on that. All I'm saying is that putting Andrew front and centre now would be a very good starting point to actually achieving that goal. He was a lovely, genuine, gentle guy and I think people saw that and really warmed to him on the show - that is, in hard, cold, fundraising terms, in a highly competitive market, a great selling point. And by selling point, I mean a grabber of people's attention, crucial to getting people on board a cause.

Precisely.
    I just can't understand how anyone can even attempt to justify why the foundation wasn't named after Andrew.
    As a previous poster pointed out, the charity Ronan Keating set up is named after his mother.
    I am assuming that she wasn't famous or well known - as far as I'm aware she hadn't been featured in a "Ronan Keating My Tawdry Life"-type programme.
    People who were already aware of Andrew Andre may well have been MORE inclined to donate to the charity set up in his honour and his name.
    It would have been just as easy for PA to publicise the charity if it was called after Andrew.
    Many people would actually have preferred to donate to Andrew's charity than one named after PA - by all accounts Andrew was a very likeable guy and HIS story should have been at the forefront.
    But no, it just had to be named after the "internationally renowned megastar" PA.:rolleyes:
    He's NOT publicising the charity.
    He's publicising himself.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised his music is played on the Radio. ( I just think the music isn't pushed enough for it to be aired ) He's got enough money for these high performance cars. My Life last week was him visting a a place in Horley Surrey. He lives not far from me. ( East Grinstead )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Occy
    A lot of the time these celebs lease their cars .. I'm not saying PA hasn't bought his ..just that sometimes all isn't what it seems
    I have a reletative who is an actor and when he is over here long term he leases a car
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    He also said that after his brother died he told Claire that he wanted to take six months off but she kept on at him about cancer awareness so in the end he agreed and didn't take a long absence, something like that anyway

Wow... who's working for who there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow... who's working for who there?

That's exactly what I said ..she is employed by him not him by her
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's exactly what I said ..she is employed by him not him by her

most of us know which one is the monkey and which one is the organ grinder, she really is HIS boss.:) (in my opinion)
This discussion has been closed.