Options

Cheapest way to get a Wii U?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
Forum Member
✭✭
Basically I want to get a Wii U soon and sometime before May 30th as my main reason of getting one is for Mario Kart 8! I was wondering if anyone had any advice on whats the cheapest way of getting one?
I don't care on spec etc and open to second hand if its a big enough saving, I just want to be able to play Mario Kart!

Thanks for your time! :)

Comments

• Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    Basically I want to get a Wii U soon and sometime before May 30th as my main reason of getting one is for Mario Kart 8! I was wondering if anyone had any advice on whats the cheapest way of getting one?
    I don't care on spec etc and open to second hand if its a big enough saving, I just want to be able to play Mario Kart!

Thanks for your time! :)

I would actually wait for Mario Kart as it is likely to be bundled with the console and I reckon it will go for under 200 quid given how shocking the sales of the console have been thus far. MK8 really is Nintendo's last throw of the dice, besides a new Zelda IP this is the last triple A title it has which can potentially shift the system in numbers.

Just wait as I say, there will be bundles, keep an eye out on hotukdeals.com Wii U console bundles often appear on there for less than 2 tonne.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting anxiously for the MK8 bundle surely nintendo will market MK the right way.
  • Options
    DazerUKDazerUK Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gameseek are selling the Nintendo Wii U Premium Pack with Mario Kart 8 for £219.99

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamescqjpb0wr6h/
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mk8 bundle available at tesco for 199 using code.

Don't forget tcb / quidco too.
  • Options
    fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That tesco bundle also includes an extra game* download when you register wtih Nintendo, 199 + 2 top quality games seems a good deal to me!

* games are any one of
    Nintendoland
    Super Mario Bros U
    Game & Wario
    Pikmin 3
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    Sonic Lost World
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games
    Wii Party U
    Wonderful 101
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

(i'd go for MH3U, or Zelda personally)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    fluffed wrote: »
    That tesco bundle also includes an extra game* download when you register wtih Nintendo, 199 + 2 top quality games seems a good deal to me!

* games are any one of
    Nintendoland
    Super Mario Bros U
    Game & Wario
    Pikmin 3
    The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
    Sonic Lost World
    Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games
    Wii Party U
    Wonderful 101
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

(i'd go for MH3U, or Zelda personally)

But do bear in mind the offer is only available for 2 months.
    Thanks to our special Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game Promotion, if you register the PIN code for Mario Kart 8 in Club Nintendo between 10am (UK time) on May 30th and 11:59pm (UK time) on July 31st, you could claim a free download code for one of a selection of great Wii U games!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tesco deal ends on Monday apparently easily the best MK deal out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got a nice suprise from tesco my warrenty extended for another year for free as part of the MK8 £199 bundle deal. Sweet thank you very much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen this posted on another forum if anyone's interested in getting a WiiU on the cheap.
    HMV are selling off the Wind Waker and Lego City bundles for £149. Easily the best deal out there for anyone looking to get in on the Wii U action.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolute bargain, John Lewis selling WiiU Basic pack with New Super Mario Bros U & 8GB SD card for £112.
    http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-basic-pack-with-new-super-mario-bros-u-mario-mascot-and-8gb-sd-card-white/p231817620#page_loaded

Edit: Scrap that, in a flash it's Out Of Stock.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Absolute bargain, John Lewis selling WiiU Basic pack with New Super Mario Bros U & 8GB SD card for £112.
    http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-basic-pack-with-new-super-mario-bros-u-mario-mascot-and-8gb-sd-card-white/p231817620#page_loaded

Edit: Scrap that, in a flash it's Out Of Stock.

Echoes of when Argos decided to sell off all their Gamecubes years back (with a game and memory card)... They sold so well, Argos decided to then keep them in stock!
  • Options
    DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the Mario Kart Bundle from Tesco online for £206 (after code). I will also get a free game as part of the club Nintendo promotion. I'm happy with that. I know the Wii U is a commercial failure and that a lot of these cheap prices are to clear stock, but It doesn't bother me too much as there's a lot of games I want to play!
  • Options
    paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Premium with Mario Kart 8 is back on at Tesco direct at £199 with a code and dont forget £8 cashback via Quidco
  • Options
    LOSGLOSG Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davonator wrote: »
    I bought the Mario Kart Bundle from Tesco online for £206 (after code!)

Whats the code?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOSG wrote: »
    Whats the code?

It tells you on the tesco site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    It tells you on the tesco site.

Cheers. Its now not available! arghhh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers. Its now not available! arghhh

bummer. Next best I'm aware of is £210 at Argos for the Premium Lego City Undercover pack, where you can add Fifa13 or Mass Effect 3 for free.

Only for store collection but there was plenty in stores near me. Add MK8 for £40 and with your free download game you'd have a premium + 4 games for £250.

Obviously not as good as the £200 deal at Tesco, but if you fancy any of the games it might be for you.

Either that or just keep your eye on Tesco!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Tesco will soon have more stock definitely worth keeping tabs.
  • Options
    semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game are doing White console. 99.99
    Then mario kart 8 game and steering wheel (no wii controller) 39.99

Total I reckon is £140

Seems good that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »

Total I reckon is £140

Seems good that

How much storage do the average wii u games take up?

I'm not sure how many games I'd get on it anyway as I have an xbox as well. I just want a Wii u for the obvious games Mario Kart, Zelda, Super Smash etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »

Total I reckon is £140

Seems good that

Yeah - they're doing it at £99.99, until they actually get some stock in, at which point (if it ever happens) I'm betting the price will go back up again.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm not sure how many games I'd get on it anyway as I have an xbox as well. I just want a Wii u for the obvious games Mario Kart, Zelda, Super Smash etc

That all depends if you mean the actual game as a download or just the save file & any possible update file?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Yeah - they're doing it at £99.99, until they actually get some stock in, at which point (if it ever happens) I'm betting the price will go back up again.

Is that what they do then ? 😳
    Going into game and ordering at the counter might fix that one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How much internal storage space is available for saving data?

The Wii U Basic Pack includes 8GB of internal storage space, while the Wii U Premium Pack includes 32GB of storage space. However, due to differences between decimal display like this and binary states used in the computer world, the actual size of each console's storage is 7.45GB for the Basic Pack and 29.8GB in the Premium Pack. Some storage space is also utilised for management tasks, leaving 7.2GB and 29GB respectively for storage. The available storage space for saving data after excluding the area reserved for the system and built-in software is approximately 3GB in the Wii U Basic Pack and approximately 25 GB in the Wii U Premium Pack.

Above copied from Nintendo Support
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The external HD is a massive priority when my system finally gets here. I hate worrying about Hd space.