Pay per view programs ... per box or per account

Jez_GafysJez_Gafys Posts: 291
Forum Member
If I purchase lets say a movie from the box in my living room, is this then only available to that one box or am I able to play that movie on the box upstairs. I.e is the purchase based on my account and as the two boxes share the same account meaning I can access the the purchases.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's per account - the movie should appear in the "Your Rentals" folder on the other box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I always thought it was per box?
    So movies rented on one STB couldn't be viewed on the other? Or did this change when it all went to VoD?
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, it's always been per account. You don't pay a seperate subscription for the normal channels do you? If you buy prem plus season ticket, it's on all boxes, whatever you buy, it's on all boxes.
  • ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely per box, NOT per account.
  • norriejamnorriejam Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    For Movies on Demand I'm pretty sure it is per box.

Norrie
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    norriejam wrote:
    For Movies on Demand I'm pretty sure it is per box.
    I'm sure someone posted a way around this, though. Anyone know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure someone posted a way around this, though. Anyone know?

I'm sure i ordered a film and watched it on my box, then my mum watched it on hers later that night, maybe i was dreaming.

If this is the case, and there's a workround, is it maybe as simple as swapping the cards over?

Who's gonna find out, i know, can try it next week with the 1p film :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    definatly per box
  • Jez_GafysJez_Gafys Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Yeah thats what I was thinking of doing I dont mind wasting 1p but 3 quid ... thats while pint a bag of pork scratchings :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    its per account. i can watch on all my box's u dont pay per box
    well it is on mine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just an update, tried it with Children of Men, bought it on 1 box (a whole shiny penny), just checked box in other room, and it shows in there as well under your rentals.

Thought it did. So, who's going to try it on a £3.50 film?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's always been per account. You don't pay a seperate subscription for the normal channels do you? If you buy prem plus season ticket, it's on all boxes, whatever you buy, it's on all boxes.
    But if you buy Setanta it is only on one box and not 2 unless you pay for a "multiroom sub" (not sure if its just sky with this but its per box for that) so i suspect it might be the same thing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    Just an update, tried it with Children of Men, bought it on 1 box (a whole shiny penny), just checked box in other room, and it shows in there as well under your rentals.

Thought it did. So, who's going to try it on a £3.50 film?
    did that 4 weeks ago and yes it was on both our boxes and we watched Da Vinci again ..on both :yawn: It wasn't any better second time around :rolleyes: . Only showed as one item on bill :D
    HTH
  • pjcd1970pjcd1970 Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mclarenf1 wrote:
    But if you buy Setanta it is only on one box and not 2 unless you pay for a "multiroom sub" (not sure if its just sky with this but its per box for that) so i suspect it might be the same thing
    Buy Setanta?
    Not sure what you mean, Setanta haven't done pay per veiw on Cable for a long time. I subscribe to Setanta and it's on both boxes, as with all the channels I subscribe to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjcd1970 wrote:
    Buy Setanta?
    Not sure what you mean, Setanta haven't done pay per veiw on Cable for a long time. I subscribe to Setanta and it's on both boxes, as with all the channels I subscribe to.

I presume because of sky's open (hahaha) platform, you subscribe direct to setanta, wheras with VM , as you subscribe direct, you get it on all boxes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I presume because of sky's open (hahaha) platform, you subscribe direct to setanta, wheras with VM , as you subscribe direct, you get it on all boxes.
    Yeh - us Sky customers get ripped off on Setanta compared to cable :(

I didnt know that you got it on all boxes with cable.

When i had telewest (back bout 2 years ago) i had Setanta but didnt have multiroom so i wasnt sure :)
  • pjcd1970pjcd1970 Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Cable we don't get Racing World or Setanta Ireland, so we get less channels for our £15 per month, but as you say, we do get it on all boxes in the house.