Options

Game of Thrones season 1 - SPOILERS, for those who have read *all the books*

Comments

• Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Yep. And wishing Frey's bloody evil bloody head bloody would bloody explode :mad::mad::mad:

Loved Mormont and Aemon talkng about their families.

I hope Jon tries to go to Robb in the next episode - loved that bit in the books.

Where was Grey Wind?

NEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! :cry::cry::cry: He saw Arya. He saw her :cry: That didn't happen in the book ...
    Almost certain we'll see Jon going as the Aemon scene sets the scene perfectly for it.

I thought that about Arya too.

Overall though bearing in mind we have pretty much had three of the most important scenes from the first book in this episode (Mirri Maz Dhur tending to Khal Drogo, the agreement to marry a Frey, and the death of Ned Stark) this was a major episode. Although didn't Joffrey know that Jaime had been captured?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    rwould wrote: »
    Although didn't Joffrey know that Jaime had been captured?

I can't remember.

Was that why Cersei was willing to be lenient? Because, not knowing Robb as we do (he is just getting awesomer every episode), there is a risk that he would kill Jaime in retribution for Ned, despite Sansa.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait for ep 10... "Fire and Blood" :D

Two moments of awesomness which had better be handled properly:

1) "THE KING IN THE NORTH! THE KING IN THE NORTH! THE KING IN THE NORTH!"

and, of course, one of the best scenes ever...

2) Dany & the pyre...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

2) Dany & the pyre...

I concur and judging by the show so far I feel pretty sure they will be...:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

2) Dany & the pyre...

Yep and yep.

Both should be spine-chilling :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen it yet but it seems the King in the North scene was shown in the preview.

A little surprised they gave that away but maybe they want people to see that things get better for the Starks so they'll still watch next week :D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Clive Mantle will have another opportunity to do his Brian Blessed impression :)
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also changed Tyrion's story about his marriage... no mention of him "having a turn" at the end, with Tywin paying for him with a gold coin.

That's definitely in the book because I read it again just today! :D

Loving some of the reactions on the other thread! :D
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I concur and judging by the show so far I feel pretty sure they will be...:D:D:D
    Yep and yep.

Both should be spine-chilling :D
    Verence wrote: »
    Clive Mantle will have another opportunity to do his Brian Blessed impression :)

Should be good :D
    That's definitely in the book because I read it again just today! :D

Loving some of the reactions on the other thread! :D

Strange they left it out. I'd have thought that Tyrion's forced participation in that event (which was actually gang rape, plus we later learn she wasn't really a ****) would be an important point.
    Corwin wrote: »
    Not seen it yet but it seems the King in the North scene was shown in the preview.

A little surprised they gave that away but maybe they want people to see that things get better for the Starks so they'll still watch next week :D

Just a little bit better, before everything goes tits up & becomes horribly, horribly worse... :(
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just about to read Catelyn's first chapter of part 2, which I'm assuming is the chapter, but it's got me thinking how many deaths I've had spoilt, I don't think I've been surprised at a death yet. They seem to be the only spoilers I accidentally come across, a few hours ago I came across two more just by google something from the first book. I knew about Ned and Robert's before even reading the first book. Then they came in droves, will put in spoilers just in case as I don't want anyone to accidentally come across them the way I did,
    Renly, Robb, Catelyn, Joffrey, Balon, with Shae and Tywin being the more recent ones. The way they died shocked me, too bad it wasn't from reading the actual book.
    I'm sure there's more but I may have forgetton, which is actually a good thing :D.

Had to laugh at Jaime being naked in his dream (his first chapter in ASOS pt 2) after watching this - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/tubetalk/a324213/game-of-thrones-nikolaj-coster-waldau-on-incest-jaime-and-nudity.html - I wonder if they'll change it so that he's clothed in the series, if they get that far.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I think there has got to be a fundemental reason why the Stark children find the dire wolf cubs and Dany is given the dragon eggs that hatch as dragons.

Two creatures thought to be extinct reappearing for the houses they represent has to be about more than symbolism.

I still see a union between the houses of Stark and Targaryen being the crux of how this saga ends.

I don't think you're likely to get an explanation of why the animals ended up with their Houses or the importance they have in their lives, only that they will be and are significant.

Anyway, I'm impressed once again by Maisie Williams' acting, during Ned's beheading. The panic, the frustration, and then the way she settles her poor little face on Yoren's chest when the deed is done is heart-breaking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

NEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! :cry::cry::cry: He saw Arya. He saw her :cry: That didn't happen in the book ...

No indeed, but I thought it was a nice touch - and I'm usually someone who hates the departures from the book!

I hated the foreign Shae!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robb seemed to return from his battle across a snow covered field (unless my eyes deceived me). Yet it was meant to take place in the Riverlands, in summer. :confused:
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine how the other thread will react when we get to the Red Wedding!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Imagine how the other thread will react when we get to the Red Wedding!! :D

I know!

I literally just read it last night :cry::cry: I had no idea Arya was right there. Jeez, that kid needs some happy in her life.

They are making Robb so awesome and likeable in the TV serise I think everyone is going to be truly shocked by the RW. I'm also guessing we'll see a lot more of Robb in the second series than we do in the second book (where we just hear about what he's up to) - probably focusing on the love story.

Even though I knew it was going to happen it was still really well done. Everyone was just like, "Yeah, we'll get through the wedding then just move on to re-take the North from the Greyjoys. No worries."

:cry:
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cadence wrote: »
    Robb seemed to return from his battle across a snow covered field (unless my eyes deceived me). Yet it was meant to take place in the Riverlands, in summer. :confused:
    Lot's of snow in N.I when they were filming.

They did have Cat comment on Summer Snows and say that Robb had brought the Winter with him when she saw their camp last week which was probably added during filming to cover the fact they had real snow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about how the series will end and what the final scenes might be.

No doubt we'll see the three new kings (Joffrey, Renly and Robb), but I'll bet the big scene will be Dany walking through Drogo's funeral fire with the dragon eggs and their hatching. It will be great to see Danny with her dragons hell bent on heading towards the seven kingdoms to reclaim the throne for House Targaryen! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Surely it will either end with the dragons, or with resounding shouts of "KING OF THE NORTH!" fading into the darkness followed by To Be Continued ...

I doubt Renly will put in an appearance. Stannis is the one most people (even those who have not read the books!) are looking forward to seeing - me included.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it will either end with the dragons, or with resounding shouts of "KING OF THE NORTH!" fading into the darkness followed by To Be Continued ...

I doubt Renly will put in an appearance. Stannis is the one most people (even those who have not read the books!) are looking forward to seeing - me included.

Renly declares himself King though before Stannis appears on the scene (he leaves KL within an hour of Robert's death), but that's what I'm saying. We'll see the new kings ready for war and Dany with the baby dragons!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Renly declares himself King though before Stannis appears on the scene (he leaves KL within an hour of Robert's death), but that's what I'm saying. We'll see the new kings ready for war and Dany with the baby dragons!

I know. It's just that we haven't seen Renly in a while, and everyone on screen keeps mentioning the threat from Stannis.

But I like your idea - let's see all the Kings preparing for the War (well, apart from Balon Greyjoy - that wouldn't make much sense at this point, though it would set Theon up for S2) ... And yes, cute ickle dragons ... or fierce ickle dragons - either way, I hope they're awesome! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know. It's just that we haven't seen Renly in a while, and everyone on screen keeps mentioning the threat from Stannis.

But I like your idea - let's see all the Kings preparing for the War (well, apart from Balon Greyjoy - that wouldn't make much sense at this point, though it would set Theon up for S2) ... And yes, cute ickle dragons ... or fierce ickle dragons - either way, I hope they're awesome! :D

Fierce I reckon, so that they make a big impression!

I don't think the actors playing Stannis and Baelon have been announced yet, so I'd be surprised if they make an appearance before S2. I'm not even convinced we'll see Renly as one of the kings yet.

It could just be Stark v Lannister, plus Dany.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stark v Lannister plus Dany would make the most sense, as they are who this series has been about. We want to know what Robb plans to do with Joffrey - Gawd I wish Robb had got hold of Joffrey! And we want to know what happens to Drogo, and how Dany survives that ...
  • Options
    Gaz22Gaz22 Posts: 18,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stark v Lannister plus Dany would make the most sense, as they are who this series has been about. We want to know what Robb plans to do with Joffrey - Gawd I wish Robb had got hold of Joffrey! And we want to know what happens to Drogo, and how Dany survives that ...

I wonder if we'll get the scene when Joffrey shows Sansa some heads on spikes and says he's looking forward to putting her brother's up alongside them. Sansa replies cooly that maybe her brother would give her HIS head. Joffrey has her beaten for this but it's an excellent bit from the books.

Shame it never came to pass. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaz22 wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get the scene when Joffrey shows Sansa some heads on spikes and says he's looking forward to putting her brother's up alongside them. Sansa replies cooly that maybe her brother would give her HIS head. Joffrey has her beaten for this but it's an excellent bit from the books.

Shame it never came to pass. :(

I can't remember, is Ned's head there but unrecognisable?

I hope Joffrey gets burnt alive by one of Dany's dragons! :D
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the actors playing Stannis and Baelon have been announced yet, so I'd be surprised if they make an appearance before S2. I'm not even convinced we'll see Renly as one of the kings yet.

I think Renly will be one of the kings, as why else would they have the scene with Loras suggesting it to him. Its not like he will have to be in it much, as he dies in the first half, which is important to Stannis, so it has to be included.

Also HBO would love to show Loras helping him "pray" ;)