Options

legality of tag on harness ?

molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just wondered if any of you know if it is legal for me to put Duncan's tag on his harness and leave his collar off. It's getting to the stage where his collar really bothers him even if we only use his harness to attach his lead.

Comments

• Options
    CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    Just wondered if any of you know if it is legal for me to put Duncan's tag on his harness and leave his collar off. It's getting to the stage where his collar really bothers him even if we only use his harness to attach his lead.

Apparently not (can't copy text) (although this isn't a legal stance I can follow the logic).

Personally I would've thought that provided the harness is secure, even when off-lead, that the law would construe a harness as a collar? (Spirit of the law and all that).
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I may just have to take a chance his harness is very secure and he is less likely to get out of it than he is to get out of his collar. He has such a sensitive neck the collar (and we have tried many) just rubs him raw.
  • Options
    xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's well known that some dogs (like yours) can't wear collars for medical reasons (i.e. dogs with pacemakers fitted)
    in those instances i would imagine the harness would be seen as a collar, and so long as the dog has the ID tag on it, then there shouldn't be a problem
    you've attached your details to your animal in the best way you can without causing him unnecessary discomfort