Options

Are people in other countries....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    nicktrow wrote: »
    Thats right. Although coverage is blacked out in the city of the test match.
    SBS (the equivalent of Channel 4) has had live coverage of some of Australias away tests.

Is it blacked out even if the game is sold out?

If so that seems unfair.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    Ironically, once the baseball-style glitz and sugar of T20 has killed off real cricket I guess Test Matches will end up back on the BBC being watched by a hard core of proper cricket fans. Bring it on!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    filiprag wrote: »
    Ironically, once the baseball-style glitz and sugar of T20 has killed off real cricket I guess Test Matches will end up back on the BBC being watched by a hard core of proper cricket fans. Bring it on!

Or perhaps Test cricket will go completely off the radar.

I don't understand why twenty20 isn't proper cricket. :confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack1 wrote: »

If so that seems unfair.

I've a feeling the last session of each day is shown live in the city concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take issue with that too

BBC shared coverage with racing and tennis and whatever

C4 often shared with C4 Racing too

Missing Graham Gooch's 300 at Lord's to go to the racing being the best example.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    filiprag wrote: »
    As a cricket man I'd have to take issue with that. We've gone from every single ball of every single test match live to no cricket whatsoever. Somebody should do something.

That is just wrong. Away test matches were never always live nor did we get test matches not involving england.
  • Options
    djpowerdjpower Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If so that seems unfair.
    I don't think the blackout in local markets still happen I believe they killed them off a couple of years ago but generally if they were sold out there is a fair chance that they would get the full days play live except if it play went overtime past 6pm then they would cut it off early for National Nine News :mad:

I think for the local blackouts it went something like ODI they usually showed the 1st session live only and for test matches they showed it live from 4pm -6pm, and of course Win Television had no blackout which I am sure there was some people in the outer suburbs moving there antennas around trying to pick up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    djpower wrote: »
    I don't think the blackout in local markets still happen I believe they killed them off a couple of years ago but generally if they were sold out there is a fair chance that they would get the full days play live except if it play went overtime past 6pm then they would cut it off early for National Nine News :mad:

I think for the local blackouts it went something like ODI they usually showed the 1st session live only and for test matches they showed it live from 4pm -6pm, and of course Win Television had no blackout which I am sure there was some people in the outer suburbs moving there antennas around trying to pick up

Sounds a bit better.

See what people forget about test cricket on FTA channels that it has to be cut to fit around other programs.
  • Options
    Paul GraysonPaul Grayson Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds a bit better.

See what people forget about test cricket on FTA channels that it has to be cut to fit around other programs.

I can remember it jumping around between BBC1 and BBC2 during a day's coverage to allow other scheduled programmes to appear in their usual slots.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    All international football matches featuring the 4 home nations.
    World Cup
    European Championships
    Olympics
    6 Nations
    The Derby
    The Grand National
    The Ashes
    The Ryder Cup
    Rugby World Cup
    Wimbledon
    All national football cup finals

and maybe F1, world athletics

These should all be available to the majority of people, which is on FTA TV.

The problem is, almost every governing body for sport has become reliant on the cash that Sky throw around. So they will fight tooth and nail to stop the Govt. changing the laws on TV coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Which Rugby World cup? League or Union?
  • Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawnion World Cup. Although both should be FTA
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hullboy wrote: »
    Missing Graham Gooch's 300 at Lord's to go to the racing being the best example.
    Many of us haven't seen any centuries since 2005.