Which Apple laptop should I buy?

1235»

Comments

• VallhundVallhund Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Don't think so, my university uses a hotmail-based system for the student email accounts and several of my friends use it.

Hotmail was good over a dozen years ago and then MS took it over and turned it into a pig's breakfast. However, they have made improvements recently, but the digerati headed to gmail years ago.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vallhund wrote: »
    Quite right it would teach them a lesson. You get what you pay for. :D

Yeah great attitude. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Yeah great attitude.

A far worse one is buying junk.

Across the pond many secondary schools provide a MacBook per student. Especially given the taxes we pay here, our children should get the best too and it is what I have bought for mine.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Hotmail was good over a dozen years ago and then MS took it over and turned it into a pig's breakfast. However, they have made improvements recently, but the digerati headed to gmail years ago.

:D I'm not disagreeing with that...
  • Brian FantanaBrian Fantana Posts: 3,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should be picking up a new macbook next week, with my uni discount, it'll be either 745 for the macbook, or 845 for the macbook pro. Both 13 inch.

Is the macbook pro worth the extra hundred quid?
  • chiller15chiller15 Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite right it would teach them a lesson. You get what you pay for. :D
    They are a youth club. Budget isn't usually that big in such places if I remember correctly.

I'll give a shout out to Fujitsu OEM computers. Our school it suited out with Fujistus that are...9 years old! (Not had the money to replace, when money was there, it was spent on other things...before I got this job).

They are 9 years old, and STILL the most reliable desktops we have in the school. Much better than the 3 year old RM computers.
    Forum Member
    I should be picking up a new macbook next week, with my uni discount, it'll be either 745 for the macbook, or 845 for the macbook pro. Both 13 inch.

We bought a MBP for our daughter in September. We also have 3 MacBook and I think the MBP is worth the extra.

The link below may be helpful in making a decision.

A COMPARISON OF MACBOOK VS MACBOOK PRO
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    becci27 wrote: »
    I run a youth club and have been given money to buy an Apple laptop.

It would be used for secure data storage, art & design projects and also for the young people to access the internet (via mobile internet).

I don't have a clue what one to pick. Can anyone help, please?

If money is a little tight, you could do worse than getting a secondhand Mac on eBay. I would go for an Intel Mac running at just over 2ghz with a biggish hard drive so you can split it and install Windows 7 if you have to. I would also go for a 15in screen. Nothing wrong with a smaller screen, but if you are doing art profects, I would have thought the bigger the better.

If you are used to buying stuff on eBay, you should find it easy to sort the wheat from the chaff.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    :D I'm not disagreeing with that...

You wouldnt :rolleyes:

Anyway, ive used hotmail since its early years and all i have seen is it getting better. Its never down, never loses emails so exactly what's wrong with it?
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I think it is :)
  • s2ks2k Posts: 7,416
    Forum Member
    chiller15 wrote: »
    They are a youth club. Budget isn't usually that big in such places if I remember correctly.

I'll give a shout out to Fujitsu OEM computers. Our school it suited out with Fujistus that are...9 years old! (Not had the money to replace, when money was there, it was spent on other things...before I got this job).

They are 9 years old, and STILL the most reliable desktops we have in the school. Much better than the 3 year old RM computers.
    You have a valid point. Unfortunately logic and reasoning is becoming wasted in this thread, as Vallhund is adamant on doing everything he can to it into yet another troll-fest.