The Last Exorcism on C4 tomorrow

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
Forum Member
The Last Exorcism is on Channel 4 tomorrow at 10pm then The Hills Have Eyes remake after that.

Is it a good film? The only exorcist movie I've seen is the 1973 one

Comments

• MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not related to The Exorcist films.

It's awful.
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was decent enough, worth a watch. If you have seen Paranormal Activity 3 you will see that it was inspired by the last exorcism.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Can't wait! Already set my V+.
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly effective, with some decent shocks. Best to switch off before that joke of an ending arrives - mars the rest of the film. And yes, PA3 was perhaps sorely reminiscent of The Last Exorcism.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen it, very good film. I liked it a lot.
  • DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, either gonna watch or record
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw it at the cinema. Good film, worth a watch.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    My advice is watch it, but turn off ten minutes before the end!
  • DensinoDensino Posts: 3,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked rotten tomatoes expecting to see a 5 - 25 % score,

its got 73% :)

Going to check it out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    recording the last exorcism.....

but 'the hills have eyes' is an absolute must see!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched myself last night and I have to fully agree with people who have said turn off the last 10 minutes. The films premise is this:

A 'fraud' exorsist who is getting paid handsomely to perform these religious ceremonies to 'rid demons', decides to make a film exposing the fake nature of his work in an attempt to warn people about the dangers of having an exorsist work on children; after hearing about a death of a young boy. He takes on a job with film crew in tow and is confronted with a tricky job that has nothing to do with 'demons', or does it?

I found the film's angle quite refreshing as it took the approach of a sceptic. The lead was good enough, a cheesy pastor type, smug. I thought the performance of 'Nel', the 'possessed' girl, very good. The pace of the film continually altered to keep you off guard and as I prayed for an interesting but inevitable twist. What I got was a mixed bag of loose ends. It is a shame the ending raised more questions than it answered and it did leave me a little disappointed overall. It is worth watching if you enjoy this type of films but if you enjoy second guessing a good ending, you will be left a bit deflated by the conclusion.
  • stormtrooper123stormtrooper123 Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Awfully forettable film. The Paranormal Activity films are much better imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awfully forettable film. The Paranormal Activity films are much better imo.

If you want a jumpy film about possession shot in night vision then yeah the PA series does it well. The Last Exorsism tries to do it differently which I aplaud and with the exception of the last moments of the film, actually enjoyed the story of it and the issues of battling conscience.