Boots Travel Calm tablets - restrictions in UAE

Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Help! Packing for a trip and I get motion sickness. The best drugs to help me are the Boots on brand which come from the pharmacy so you don't need a prescription for them.

However I realise that Qatar has a list of controlled or banned drugs - although I can't find the list anywhere on the Ministry websites. Do you think that I can take these with me? I only need 4 tablets during my stay for the journey each way. The tablets contain Hyoscine Hydrobromide. But without them I really do get sick on the plane.

Comments

• simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take the box with you (ie don't just take four pills in a little bag!) and you'll be fine.

Other option (if you're really worried) is take two before you leave and then buy some more at the airport on your way home.
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, that's good advice - I think I'll take the box with the leaflet. I have to take thyroxine and another prescription and I have the GP's covering letters for those so hopefully they'll see I'm being responsible with those too. I'm probably being too worried but you know what it's like when you google it - horror stories of people jailed for Night Nurse appear!

I am a terrible flier without them and seriously don't fancy 7 hours without them on the way home!
  • sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I flew through Dubai a couple of years ago and was on some painkillers so thought I'd better check if they were allowed. I did find a list of banned substances but I can't find the same one now. Have found this though :Link

Can't see the active ingredient on the list but I'd do a bit of googling around.

Enjoy your holiday!
  • Shadow27Shadow27 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sesmo wrote: »
    Hi,

I flew through Dubai a couple of years ago and was on some painkillers so thought I'd better check if they were allowed. I did find a list of banned substances but I can't find the same one now. Have found this though :Link

Can't see the active ingredient on the list but I'd do a bit of googling around.

Enjoy your holiday!

Thanks, I'll keep looking. I've just copied that text into Word and did a find on Hyoscine hydrobromide and nothing came up thankfully! It is really hard to find a proper link isn't it? :)