Comments

• RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another new channel set to join Virgin Media:

http://advanced-television.com/2015/05/18/channels-24-launches-in-uk/
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    Fantastic. Another channel I have no interest in :( Why can't we have UniversalHD?!
  • wolfukwolfuk Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    Fantastic. Another channel I have no interest in :( Why can't we have UniversalHD?!

Great another channel of no interest

Theres not many more channels left is there that we need, (apart from HD and +1 channels)
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,695
    Forum Member
    wolfuk wrote: »
    Theres not many more channels left is there that we need, (apart from HD and +1 channels)
    This is true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Showcase has appeared on DTT, it is expected that this will be extended to cable and satellite as this will be the outlet for their FTA Champions League content.

A new app is said to be coming to provide 'Dog TV'.

The off EPG tests continue, I wonder if these are for the red button services for events like Glastonbury, Wimbledon etc??
  • Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Showcase has appeared on DTT, it is expected that this will be extended to cable and satellite as this will be the outlet for their FTA Champions League content.

A new app is said to be coming to provide 'Dog TV'.

The off EPG tests continue, I wonder if these are for the red button services for events like Glastonbury, Wimbledon etc??

Could well be, as the red button streams are testing on satellite

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/05/bbc-summer-red-button-streams-preparing.html
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    BT Showcase may be the 'Angling Channel' which has been on satellite. You may remember there was a 'Sailing 1 and Sailing 2' channel briefly before BT Sport 1 and 2.
  • Dave_GosportDave_Gosport Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Nat Geo Wild HD is now on channel 229.
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nat Geo Wild HD is now on channel 229.

They must have taken it off as ive just looked on my Tivo box and its not there.
  • Wbc-WorkerWbc-Worker Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on my V+ box it has

Nat Geo Wild HD channel 229

its on now { 8am }
  • womblerwombler Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not much interest to me either, but will be to some
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen reports that Sky Livingit will be closing and be replaced by the return of Sky Real Lives on 9 June 2015.
  • AndylandAndyland Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen reports that Sky Livingit will be closing and be replaced by the return of Sky Real Lives on 9 June 2015.

That would make sense. Given Sky Living's current identity crisis, what chance has Living It got making it as a distinctive brand.

Not sure how reliable this website is, but they seem to agree with what you have heard Richard: http://entertainment.ie/TV_Listing/02-June-2015/1070/Sky-Real-Lives.htm
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liberty and Universal don't have a great track record together; in the Netherlands Liberty has dropped 13th Street, Syfy and E! Entertainment after failing to agree renewal terms with Universal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andyland wrote: »
    That would make sense. Given Sky Living's current identity crisis, what chance has Living It got making it as a distinctive brand.

Not sure how reliable this website is, but they seem to agree with what you have heard Richard: http://entertainment.ie/TV_Listing/02-June-2015/1070/Sky-Real-Lives.htm

Correction: Sky Living it is to be renamed Real Lives (minus the Sky prefix).

This may seem a pedantic detail to correct, but as someone else has pointed out on the forum, channels without Sky branding tend to be FTA.

I wonder if this new channel, therefore, will become free for satellite viewers, move down to TV M for Virgin Media customers and/or go onto Freeview?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Red Button channels 1 to 6 and BBC Red Button HD are now testing off the EPG.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    History HD also believed to be testing too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As per MB blog, a few channel rebrands took place today concerning ESPN, Sky Arts and Sky Livingit.

From 10 June 2015 Premier Sports will be in the XL Pack for two months.

Talks between VM and BT continue regarding carriage of the new BT Sport channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Africa Channel has ceased broadcasting.

From what I was told on Sunday just gone, it looks unlikely that it will return this time after going off the air one month ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The normally XL only channel TV5 is currently available to all viewers on M+ and L packs too until Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to a source, AMC are in talks with VM (and Sky) regarding carriage of their channel on the network. It had previously been assumed that this channel would be exclusive to the BT service.

AMC appears to show American drama such as Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Mad Men etc.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Premier Sports gone FTA or has it just been added to the sports sub?
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure it's fta for a couple weeks
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks. I like how they wait until after the Stanley Cup Finals...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Premier Sports gone FTA or has it just been added to the sports sub?

Nope:
    From 10 June 2015 Premier Sports will be in the XL Pack for two months.

Talks between VM and BT continue regarding carriage of the new BT Sport channel.