Sky charge a whopping £123 for F1 in HD !

1234568»

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,943
    Forum Member
    Dan's Dad, mrprosser, please have a think about it overnight.

Its really quite simple.

No licence.
    Fine.
    Non-payment.
    Prison.

Cheerio. :cool:

......................................................................................

And no one would ever be prosecuted for not wishing to be a subscriber to Sky?
    Murphy was fined almost £8,000 following the transmission of a Premier League match at her pub in Portsmouth using an imported satellite card from Greek Television supplier NOVA. The imported card costs just one tenth of what she would have paid Sky to show the same match on Sky Sports.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,943
    Forum Member
    Re the cost of F1 on Sky...I see the £21.50p a month entertainment package (£258 pa) includes channels that are free to air ?

Dave, Dave ja vu, Sky News and Really.

Just to check....can someone just pay Sky £123 a year for F1 with being forced to pay for an enertainment package?
  • mat.ralphmat.ralph Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Re the cost of F1 on Sky...I see the £21.50p a month entertainment package (£258 pa) includes channels that are free to air ?

Just to check....can someone just pay Sky £123 a year for F1 with being forced to pay for an enertainment package?[/QUOTE]

If you meant "without" the answer is no, you need to pay £258 for the entertainment pack and then either £123 for the HD pack (giving you F1HD) or £252 for the Sports Pack (giving you F1 in SD).

These are full price prices and you can usually get a discount when joining which would reduce the cost.
  • Dan's DadDan's Dad Posts: 9,880
    Forum Member
    Frankly its a waste of time trying to enlighten the entitled BBC employees populating this thread.
    What is an 'entitled BBC employee'?
  • andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mat.ralph wrote: »

Just to check....can someone just pay Sky £123 a year for F1 with being forced to pay for an enertainment package?[/QUOTE]

If you meant "without" the answer is no, you need to pay £258 for the entertainment pack and then either £123 for the HD pack (giving you F1HD) or £252 for the Sports Pack (giving you F1 in SD).

These are full price prices and you can usually get a discount when joining which would reduce the cost.
    Wow, and not in a good way
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to check....can someone just pay Sky £123 a year for F1 with being forced to pay for an enertainment package?
    If you go for Sky's Pay-as-you-view service Now TV you can watch the ten Sky exclusive races for £10 each making a total of £100pa. You can't do that through a Sky+ or YouView boxes but other devices including a Roku, XBox and PC will work.

Going down a traditional Sky route means paying the Entertainment base pack of £21.50pm/£258.00pa as well as the HD pack. mlt11 has explained in a previous post why Sky does this. The cost structure results in a few keen people getting a dish for RTL's free German service or subscribing to overseas IPTV broadcasts with VPNs.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes look through the schedules of all the channels offered by Sky and rarely see anything I'd choose to watch, even if it was absolutely free. On the other hand, I do get thoroughly pissed off when BBC2 becomes monopolised by either snooker or darts for weeks at a time. Those are the programmes that should be either confined to the red button channel or given to Sky. F1 would make a good substitute for the test card.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    If you go for Sky's Pay-as-you-view service Now TV you can watch the ten Sky exclusive races for £10 each making a total of £100pa. You can't do that through a Sky+ or YouView boxes but other devices including a Roku, XBox and PC will work.

If you have YouView through TalkTalk you could get Sky Sports 1-4 and F1 for £30 per month.

So you could see six of the last eight exclusive races for £90.

One advantage over Now TV is you'll get all the practice and qualifying along with other sports for a month.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    I sometimes look through the schedules of all the channels offered by Sky and rarely see anything I'd choose to watch, even if it was absolutely free. On the other hand, I do get thoroughly pissed off when BBC2 becomes monopolised by either snooker or darts for weeks at a time. Those are the programmes that should be either confined to the red button channel or given to Sky. F1 would make a good substitute for the test card.
    for me 80% of what I watch is on pay tv ,when I look at bbc only one show I be watching this week. In the flesh.
  • jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

"I don't like it, so it shouldn't be shown." Typical DS post :rolleyes:
  • R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jsam93 wrote: »
    "I don't like it, so it shouldn't be shown." Typical DS post :rolleyes:

Typicall BBC post, usually it is 'I don't watch it so I should have to have a TV Licence" though.