Doctor Who & Peter Capaldi Longlisted in NTAs - Voting Open

davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
Forum Member
Voting is open for the NTAs shortlist which will be revealed in January. Peter Capaldi is listed for Drama Performance and Doctor Who is listed for Drama.

Needless to say I voted for both and if they get through to the final round of voting I will do so again. This series has just been so good!!

http://www.nationaltvawards.com/home

Comments

• ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenna Coleman is also longlisted for drama performance.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I think it's a shame the category is mixed how do you choose?!
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Tough one this year. Loving Capaldi but in the end it was a toss up between Sarah Lancashire (Happy Valley) and Keeley Hawes (Line Of Duty)

Being a Judas I voted Sarah Lancashire for best performance and Happy Valley for Best Drama.
  • Red-EyeRed-Eye Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I already Voted for him & Doctor Who days ago, such a devoted Fan I am. :D

I only wish I could Vote for Jenna too but unfortunately it was either her or Capaldi, it never used to be like that. :confused:
    Tough one this year. Loving Capaldi but in the end it was a toss up between Sarah Lancashire (Happy Valley) and Keeley Hawes (Line Of Duty)

Being a Judas I voted Sarah Lancashire for best performance and Happy Valley for Best Drama.

:o:o:o:o:o

Traitor! Judas! You shall forever burn in Doctor Who hell for this! >:(

Just kidding, Vote for whoever you want Dude! It's a free country afterall. :D
    Forum Member
    Red-Eye wrote: »

:o:o:o:o:o

Traitor! Judas! You shall forever burn in Doctor Who hell for this! >:(

Just kidding, Vote for whoever you want Dude! It's a free country afterall. :D

:D

Doctor Who hell?? I wonder what 'worst ever...' Who episode I will be forced to watch on an eternal loop with my eyes forced open al la Clockwork Orange? Is it too late to repent.
    Forum Member
    :D

Doctor Who hell?? I wonder what 'worst ever...' Who episode I will be forced to watch on an eternal loop with my eyes forced open al la Clockwork Orange? Is it too late to repent.

Fear Her on a loop and for your best days Love & Monsters. ;-)

(Unless you like those episodes which would just make this torture completely pointless. :blush: )

Oh and you'll be forced to hang out with that annoying brat from Nightmare In Silver.
    Forum Member
    Red-Eye
    Fear Her on a loop and for your best days Love & Monsters. ;-)

(Unless you like those episodes which would just make this torture completely pointless. :blush: )
    I can think of worse. At least with Fear Her I would have the moment when The Doctor eats with his fingers from a jar to look forward to.
    Oh and you'll be forced to hang out with that annoying brat from Nightmare In Silver.
    Just the thought of 'Put me down. I hate you!' on a loop would be enough to make me live a pure and innocent life and vote Doctor Who every time regardless.. :) I have seen the light..hallelujah.
    Forum Member
    I can think of worse. At least with Fear Her I would have the moment when The Doctor eats with his fingers from a jar to look forward to.

Just the thought of 'Put me down. I hate you!' on a loop would be enough to make me live a pure and innocent life and vote Doctor Who every time regardless.. :) I have seen the light..hallelujah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQlXNH36mI

Edit:

Back on topic, Vote for Who folks NOW! (Or for whoever the hell you guys want).
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have shamelessly voted for Capaldi & Who, blindly. Full disclosure.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    I have shamelessly voted for Capaldi & Who, blindly. Full disclosure.

Me too - and it was SO HARD with David Tennant up for the Best Actor gong too! But Who is my one and only.
    Forum Member
    Mulett wrote: »
    Me too - and it was SO HARD with David Tennant up for the Best Actor gong too! But Who is my one and only.

I know what you mean, I LOVE Tennant to bits too. :( But the way I thought about it was this: "Tennant has already won 3 times, therefore let's let Capaldi have this one."

Makes me feel better all the time. ;-)
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voted for

I voted for Happy Valley and Sarah Lancashire.

Despite my Doctor Who love, there's objectively been far and away better dramas aired in the last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capaldi and Tennant both missed out.

DW is against Sherlock again so Downton or Cilla will win.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    I'm sure the categories have changed over the years too putting Capaldi at a disadvantage - didn't there used to be separate Favourite Dramatic Actor and Favorite Dramatic Actress awards?

Although I think David Tennant and Catherine Tate may have gone head-to-head once.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were split up, then put together in 2008, then split up again in 2012, then put back together again last year...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incidentally, if you still want to throw a vote in DW's direction but haven't already - it's the last full day of voting.

(Especially if you don't care about the NTAs at all or don't care who wins - you won't have to think too hard about your choice ;) )
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    They were split up, then put together in 2008, then split up again in 2012, then put back together again last year...
    Which is stupid. They should be separate.>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This hasn't been an excruciating experience in the least. I feel dirty for voting.

EDIT: Then David Tennant goes and get this :o
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuned in just to see that. Lovely stuff but a bit odd giving one of those 'ok you've had your time now off you go into obscurity' style awards to someone still at his peak.

Rest of its utter dross of course. If DW doesn't win cue the Ming Mongs crying out that it's another nail in the coffin. Quite frankly not winning would be a badge of honour considering what a shit storm of lazy populist mediocrity this charade is.

I do however reserve the right to cackle in joy if DW or Sherlock win. I'm a hypocrite like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a dire ceremony on the whole (Keith Lemon & X Factor? *shudder*), even a DW win couldn't have a saved it, but congrats to David. Was very unexpected, though. As you say - untimely.

At least Kris Jenner got it all arse-about-face with her personal cameraman to record it all ;-)
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Writing was on the wall the moment DW and Sherlock were on the shortlist. Guaranteed vote splitter.
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see the TV snobs out in force tonight...:)

Great win for DT and richly deserved. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might sound biased and snobbish, but I think both Sherlock and Doctor Who would have made very anomalous winners alongside GoggleBox, Alan Carr, Mrs Brown's Boys, Celebrity Juice...etc.

The two highlights were Sheridan Smith (who is typically fantastic in everything she's in nowadays) and David Tennant, who seemed genuinely moved.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrity Juice beat The Walking Dead for an award. Just try and wrap your head around that. And once you do you can point and laugh and replace the word snob for the word discerning. Its called taste. Not many have it unfortunately.

Still. Pleased for the ever amazing DT. Now there is a man of class and taste who always picks the very best and never stoops into the gutter of drivel that the majority of these awards celebrate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    I find it funny the only award I was pleased with who won it, David Tennant of course, was the one that the general public didn't have a vote on. Judging by the recipients of the other awards it'd probably have gone to Keith Lemon or someone soapy if there had been a vote.