The Horror Channel

Comments

• hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    You'd think they'd have timed the launch date to coincide with the beginning of a new Dr Who story instead of jumping in at Part Two! :(

They should've timed the launch for 9pm with the first Horror of the night.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curiously excited about this :blush:;)
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great channel it doesn't hold back there has been some controversial sick films on it, be warned :)
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great channel it doesn't hold back there has been some controversial sick films on it, be warned :)

Like?
  • tvmad-alantvmad-alan Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Horror Channel picked the day as it's Friday 13th which is linked to Horror from the films or it just when space was there on Freeview which as such limited even after the DSO .....
    As for being part2 of a story in Dr Who, you could also say that third story in the season story which called "The Key of Time" , but you could say that for all the shows which are on the Horror channel at this time in being part way into seasons of the shows.
    Saturday has a full Dr Who story ...

I'm just very happy that Freeview has managed to get space for the channel that many people wished for and CBS has got the funds bid for the space.... DTT need more space to grow and keep the costs down with bidding for EPG slots to allow TV companies to bring new and other channels to the public TV service
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like?

They're not exactly 'sick' but they've shown some controversial films from the 70s/80s a few times such as Last House on the Left, Driller Killer and I Spit on your Grave in the past. They used to show a good selection of classic and B movie horrors but now it's a bit repetitive and bland.

They'll probably start to tone town now they're on Freeview like Movies4Men did.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like?

It showed Martyrs too I didn't watch it that time so not sure if it was cut it's not for everyone, and I Spit On Your Grave also very disturbing.
  • jc13jachjc13jach Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I wonder what time it goes live?
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jc13jach wrote: »
    I wonder what time it goes live?

11:10am
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

really? i was just gonna do a re-tune and watch this mornings wonder woman....
  • Anthony_UKAnthony_UK Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So only coming on for the second episode of our favourite TimeLord later on? grrrr! I was looking forward to WonderWoman I enjoyed that series in the 70's;)
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anthony_UK wrote: »
    So only coming on for the second episode of our favourite TimeLord later on? grrrr! I was looking forward to WonderWoman I enjoyed that series in the 70's;)
    Never mind, WW will be on every day (Mon-Fri) at 08:00 . :)
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just been on their website, checking out the films for the next month. a good mix.

there even showing 'chistmas evil'....
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been on youview for a while. Showing on channel 70 and 487.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Community channel is still using the space but their LCN has changed to a "holding" number of 790. If previous posts are correct, the video should stop before 11.10am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo_wales wrote: »
    Been on youview for a while. Showing on channel 70 and 487.
    That depends on which Youview package you have, I don't have it on 487 and it isn't exactly "showing" on 70 yet.
  • johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    That depends on which Youview package you have, I don't have it on 487 and it isn't exactly "showing" on 70 yet.

I'm getting the placeholder on ch 70 on my retail YV box.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnathome wrote: »
    I'm getting the placeholder on ch 70 on my retail YV box.
    So am I, that isn't what I meant.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvmad-alan wrote: »
    As for being part2 of a story in Dr Who, you could also say that third story in the season story which called "The Key of Time" , but you could say that for all the shows which are on the Horror channel at this time in being part way into seasons of the shows.
    Saturday has a full Dr Who story ...

It's "The Key TO Time" actually. This is the second time they've shown it, but as before I don't get why they're showing it at all when they only seem to have the rights to four of the six stories in the season.
  • jc13jachjc13jach Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Thanks. 'The Langoliers' is currently showing, thought I was watching 'The Comedy Channel' by error. ;)
  • johnathomejohnathome Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    So am I, that isn't what I meant.

Yeah, it was a response to your response to neo_wales who hinted that he was seeing a picture already on his package.

Should have quoted both of you to make that clearer :)

Anyhoo it's on now and i'd forgotten that 99% of it will be shown in 4:3 :(
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    johnathome wrote: »
    Anyhoo it's on now and i'd forgotten that 99% of it will be shown in 4:3 :(

With only 544x576 resolution, 16:9 would look very soft in any case.
  • Diamond statDiamond stat Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what they are showing tonight?
  • ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,240
    Forum Member
    Anyone know what they are showing tonight?

http://www.horrorchannel.co.uk/tv_guide.php

'2001 Maniacs' is a great mix of sex, horror and humour.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is alot of Doctor Who on, which is good its just going to be tricky keeping track of it.

Seems like a full length story on Saturday, repeated on Sunday, and a different story aired in individual episodes, during the week.