Tory bribes coming thick and fast

PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,795
Forum Member
Cameron has now found £8billion from his magic money tree for the NHS, and that's on top of the nearly £2billion he is giving to train passengers.
So much for prudence and austerity then!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32260220

Comments

• MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as good as sausage rolls.
  • MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be concerned if he didn't find the money. It's the amount the NHS says it needs to stay sustainable
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron looks very red faced in the photo. :D
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of the profits being taken out of the NHS that additional £8bn will soon be swallowed up.

Paying private firms to provide public services is a very expensive way of getting a 3rd class service.
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the past 5 years should have taught us anything it is not to trust Tory pledges. They will make up any pack of lies to get their grubby hands on Downing Street and then when they fail to deliver they will just blame it on their coalition partners.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Haha! Bugger austerity then? Massive splurge instead.

Jam tomorrow and chaos. This is exactly what they did when that referendum poll began showing a majority for Yes in Scotland; mahoosive panic and then wave the chequebook at the problem.
  • RS11RS11 Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Jam tomorrow and chaos. This is exactly what they did when that referendum poll began showing a majority for Yes in Scotland; mahoosive panic...

The same applies to the Euro referendum promise. They try to neutralise any threat by making promises they haven't thought through properly. It will catch up with them eventually if not at the election.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Because of the profits being taken out of the NHS that additional £8bn will soon be swallowed up.

Paying private firms to provide public services is a very expensive way of getting a 3rd class service.

I saw a row of ambulances parked down my local high street yesterday and thought it was a bit odd.........when I got closer they all had 'Private Ambulance Service' written on them.........
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody I know is voting Labour...
  • MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

Then you should tell that to the Labour party who made a massive error in how they arranged with private companies to build hospital and how we are paying for it massively on the interest now......Not to mention when Labour were in power Privatising the NHS at a quicker rate than it has been since 2010.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha! Bugger austerity then? Massive splurge instead.

Jam tomorrow and chaos. This is exactly what they did when that referendum poll began showing a majority for Yes in Scotland; mahoosive panic and then wave the chequebook at the problem.

So I guess your against the Labour party then? Who are supposedly against austerity.

Funny how Labour supporters on like spending when it is an uncosted Labour fantasy....or being paid for by the mansion tax or bankers bonuses 10 times over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I saw a row of ambulances parked down my local high street yesterday and thought it was a bit odd.........when I got closer they all had 'Private Ambulance Service' written on them.........

I thought you were joking at first, but having read up about it, it's true. The NHS hire private ambulances. I think it's shocking the way the Government has sneaked them in.
    They're selling the NHS off bit by bit.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll be telling IDS to cull a few thousand more sick and disabled to find the spare money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you were joking at first, but having read up about it, it's true. The NHS hire private ambulances. I think it's shocking the way the Government has sneaked them in.

Funny how the private Ambulances started under the last Labour government isn't it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Of course they need to pledge a lot of money. There will be another 300,000+ people coming into the UK every year for the next 5 years, even more so if the economy continues to recover and the Eurozone continues to slump.
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Since when has funding the NHS been a bribe?
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    Mariesam wrote: »
    So I guess your against the Labour party then? Who are supposedly against austerity.

Funny how Labour supporters on like spending when it is an uncosted Labour fantasy....or being paid for by the mansion tax or bankers bonuses 10 times over.

Yes I am opposed to Labour, and have never voted for them.

What a strange little reaction. Do you think that everyone who criticizes the Tories for their chaotic and cynical responses when they dip in the polls is a 'Labour supporter'?
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the past 5 years should have taught us anything it is not to trust Tory pledges. They will make up any pack of lies to get their grubby hands on Downing Street and then when they fail to deliver they will just blame it on their coalition partners.

I couldn't have put it better :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariesam wrote: »
    Funny how the private Ambulances started under the last Labour government isn't it.

Forget about them. What have the present government been doing for the past 5 years? If there hadn't been a coalition with the LibDems, I bet the NHS would be in an even worse state.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you think that's shocking you should see what their doing to the Police and Fire the problem is the ordinary Joe public don't know this
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Forget about them. What have the present government been doing for the past 5 years? If there hadn't been a coalition with the LibDems, I bet the NHS would be in an even worse state.
    Should we also forget that Labour voted against funding increases for the NHS in the last parliament?
  • Camp FreddieCamp Freddie Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they need to pledge a lot of money. There will be another 300,000+ people coming into the UK every year for the next 5 years, even more so if the economy continues to recover and the Eurozone continues to slump.

A very valid point. It would be nice if any pro EU party supporter could explain how we are going to provide all the services and infrastructure we need to cope with these figures of biblical proportions. Add to that our £50 million a day EU contributions, putting into law our commitment to International Aid (i.e. The Indian Space Programme) and all the other ideological claptrap that costs billions of pounds a year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Meepers wrote: »
    Should we also forget that Labour voted against funding increases for the NHS in the last parliament?

Sounds like a good idea. If we can wait until after and if they manage to win the election, we can then blame the Tories for everything as they screw it up even more.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just love the way a Tory spending pledge is a "bribe" whereas a Labour one is "investment".

Sorry Labourites - the Tories just shot your only fox.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am opposed to Labour, and have never voted for them.

I am opposed to Labour but I have voted for them.

It was 1979 though ;-)