The mirror reports that the final should be run again!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The mirror is reporting that the view is the final should be run again, I agree in some ways, but it be more money for Cowell! So not sure, he should donate the profits to a dog charity, if it is run again.

Comments

• spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're also 'reporting' that the money should go to the choir because Jamie Raven didn't really use magic to teleport a note into a lemon.

They're a bit silly.
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Mirror clearly know nothing about TV production. It would cost a fortune to rerun the final again over a silly little thing.
  • Nate_ThomasNate_Thomas Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    People need to get out more.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it really should be, and Revelation Avenue should take that cheat Jules place.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Again, completely ignoring the cost behind re-running a live TV show set in a studio. And it wouldn't be practical either because the studio would have to be re-booked and ITV programmes reshuffled to allow space for the final.

They possibly wouldn't even be able to do it for weeks because they'd have to wait until ITV can free space in their schedule.

Jules & Matisse won fairly. Your favourite didn't win. Boo hoo. Get over it or get some tissues.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact remains that Jules act was supposed to be with one dog, and she used three. That is cheating whatever anyone says.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact remains that Jules act was supposed to be with one dog, and she used three. That is cheating whatever anyone says.

And that the point, if she said after before the vote she used a stand-in my guess she not have won, and she knew that.
  • Sarah AnneSarah Anne Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What on earth? Why should revelation avenue get it?
    The fairest thing to do if Jules was disqualified for cheating now- is to recrown second place Jamie the winner. Why should an act who wasn't even in the final be crowned winner? They weren't even chosen as a wildcard by the public or judges!
    I think the Kennah masons should have been in the final but no way would I say recall the vote and make them the winner!
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to rerun it , just make the person with the most votes, apart from the dog act, the winner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah Anne wrote: »
    What on earth? Why should revelation avenue get it?
    The fairest thing to do if Jules was disqualified for cheating now- is to recrown second place Jamie the winner. Why should an act who wasn't even in the final be crowned winner? They weren't even chosen as a wildcard by the public or judges!
    I think the Kennah masons should have been in the final but no way would I say recall the vote and make them the winner!

Jules has to be disqualified, and the final re run. It is the only way the public will be satisfied otherwise, and it could be the end for show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jules has to be disqualified, and the final re run. It is the only way the public will be satisfied otherwise, and it could be the end for show.

Agree, she has to be disqualified now, but that still means a huge amount of people paid money to vote for this cheating act!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People love a good spot of outrage and indignation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No it's not. Or are you claiming she cheated in the semi final too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    No need to rerun it , just make the person with the most votes, apart from the dog act, the winner.

And then you end up with a act that anyone can do and the Queen won't enjoy as much.

Jules & Matisse won. End of story.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Congratulations, you just won 'Over-reaction Of The Year'!

How do you feel? Or do you reckon you 'cheated' to win?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's not. Or are you claiming she cheated in the semi final too?

In the Semi final, she was honest enough about the dogs. In the final she avoided showing or telling anyone about the stand-in dog until she had won the money, then she was happy enough to,do so, to me this is a cheat.
  • MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a bit melodramatic. I can see why some people may feel dissatisfied but I doubt it will lead to anything as dramatic as the closure of the show. From what I have read only about 200-300 people have complained, nothing that major.

Like I said I can see both sides of this argument, the fact that the dog who performed that part was actually in the semi final and was introduced to us the audience makes it seem not so bad in my view , its not like its literally another dog that's been trained privately. Both dogs were trained by Jules, also I'd say it was obvious that it wasn't the same dog on the tightrope as a new dog came out to walk over the tight rope literally right after matisse went in, so unless people at the time thought it was magic I'm not sure how it would be the same dog anyway?

Also her willingness to speak out and say that she was using separate dogs shows to me that she didn't feel like she was hiding anything. If anything its probably the BGT producers who made it seem this way, so I hope there isn't too much hate on Jules because of this.

I can however see why people would feel "cheated", mainly because at the end of the performance there was only 2 dogs with her meaning the dog that did the tightrope wasn't shown to us viewers, I wouldn't call this fraud to be perfectly honest but I do see why some people feel annoyed at it and I do have sympathy because when you do feel cheated by a show you like it is a very very annoying feeling, I doubt the show will actually take any action on this and if they do I think there could potentially be an even bigger uproar because people who voted for Jules & Matisse will then be annoyed that there votes were used on an act that was Disqualified? If they are serious about wanting to do something surely it would have to be a re-run because purely disqualifying Jules & Matisse would like I say cause even more anger, and lets face it if there is a re-run Simon Cowell and the producers will be the big winners, however if I'm honest I doubt there will be a re-run or any kind of action taken on this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    In the Semi final, she was honest enough about the dogs. In the final she avoided showing or telling anyone about the stand-in dog until she had won the money, then she was happy enough to,do so, to me this is a cheat.

No it's not. People knew that Chase was part of her act.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And that the point, if she said after before the vote she used a stand-in my guess she not have won, and she knew that.
    I think that's why it wasn't clarified - even when Ant and Dec asked about Matisses tight rope training. But who knows - this could have been Cowell's strategy.
    But I'm not sure it would have lost them votes, If after the event, the other dog had come up to take a bow and she had told us that he had done the tightrope bit because he was more comfortable with heights it might even have got them a few more votes.
    It's the pretence that some people don't like.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quite clearly a lot of people didn't. Some people might not have watched the semi-final (I didn't).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How did they, it was not mentioned, so what the proof! Until this story broke everyone I spoke to beloved it was just the one dog.
  • dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mate I don't think the vast majority of the general public are unsatisfied to begin with.

It's not an issue, the papers are using it to generate some controversy which in turn sells more papers and Simon Cowell is rubbing his hands at all the free publicity :)
  • MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

That's a very black and white solution to the issue. Considering they got roughly 1/4 of the votes and there were 4 million votes, there would be a lot of people even more annoyed if this were to happen. Would the roughly 1 million votes used on Jules/Matisse need to be refunded? ( I know not all of the people would of paid to vote but I'm sure a reasonable proportion would of). Also, simply giving Jamie Raven (who by the way I liked the most out of all the acts) the title of winner would seem rather strange given the circumstances, especially because if roughly 1 million votes were used on Jules/Matisse how do we know how them votes would of been used had they not been in the contest? For all we know a large proportion of them voters would of voted for the choir and they would of came 1st ahead of Jamie on that basis?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Quite clearly a lot of people didn't. Some people might not have watched the semi-final (I didn't).

Then that's their fault for not being loyal to the show. Loyal viewers knew Chase was part of her act.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did they, it was not mentioned, so what the proof! Until this story broke everyone I spoke to beloved it was just the one dog.

Because Chase was IN their SEMI FINAL PERFORMANCE!