Why the hell was Maria skating in the opener

CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She was voted off last week along with Andy.

Make way for the other professionals Maria

Comments

• rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because she was voted off last week and therefore has the free time to train?
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well its wrong she was voted off
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was voted out of the competition, not the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh they should change the rules. You dont see Andy popping back up this week
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cosya wrote: »

She pro partners Mark in the series he was involved in the opener so so was Maria. All the pros get a chance at pro numbers and all remain involved with the show.

Andy is a celeb not a professional skater its the celeb that goes not the pro. Also Maria may now also stay around as a female reserve pro so if that is the case then yes it is still ok to include her in pro numbers.

Also it wouldn't be Marias choice it would be T&Ds so what is the point in saying make way for other professionals. The pros are being paid to be part of the series surely it makes sense to get them to earn the money by doing pro routines etc.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member

Are you serious? lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember last year they were moaning about how much they got paid.

To resolve it once they are booted off they leave the show. Would save DOI money as once off they wont need to pay them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember last year they were moaning about how much they got paid.

To resolve it once they are booted off they leave the show. Would save DOI money as once off they wont need to pay them

You seriously have got to be joking. The pros don't get paid week to week they will get paid a set amount for doing the show and subsequently the tour if they are on it too.

It was a few years back they were complaining about how much they got paid and if you seriously think you are going to get professionals on board by saying we will only pay you for how long you stay in I don't think so. You forget the training they put in before the show even starts.

If you work on your little theory you would have no pros left for routines as the series went on so what would you do then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you work on your little theory you would have no pros left for routines as the series went on so what would you do then.

Well as the series goes on the remaining celebs should be getting to a high standard so would start using them in the routines. Then people can see their favourites perform more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a weird thread! Maria is one of the pro skaters regardless of whether her partner has been voted off. The SCD Pros still perform each week with their pro partners, this is no different.

I have no idea why it should bother anyone. :confused:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I don't think so. It's not vital to have the ice in Dancing on Ice is it? ITV should save money and have them dance in water.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. It's not vital to have the ice in Dancing on Ice is it? ITV should save money and have them dance in water.

Great Idea. Maria (plus anyone else who gets voted out) should be skating round in the others routine with a blow torch trying to melt the ice that they are skating on. If she succeeds and they fall into the ice she is back on the show!!!
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a weird thread! Maria is one of the pro skaters regardless of whether her partner has been voted off. The SCD Pros still perform each week with their pro partners, this is no different.

I have no idea why it should bother anyone. :confused:

totally agree. She is part of the skating team
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besides, Maria is lovely! It's a shame she has gone.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP has an excellent point, surely Maria should now be signing on the dole or selling the Big Issue or something - she has no right to darken our TV screens for the rest of this series, how very dare she!!
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't feed the troll guys.
  • reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell you what though, I couldn't help noticing they'd paired Maria up with that Mark Hanretty - now, if he and Rosemary get voted off tonight and then he has the GALL to turn up again next week, I shall be writing to ITV, the BBC, the Olympic Committee and the Shadow Home Secretary and demanding that he be struck off immediately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell you what though, I couldn't help noticing they'd paired Maria up with that Mark Hanretty - now, if he and Rosemary get voted off tonight and then he has the GALL to turn up again next week, I shall be writing to ITV, the BBC, the Olympic Committee and the Shadow Home Secretary and demanding that he be struck off immediately.

Don't forget OFCOM ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP has most certainly lost the plot. I am beyond trying to figure answers to their random thought processes now.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can still dance as a Pro.
    I think it's nice on Strictly when we still see the Pros dance in Pro routines despite their celeb going out because then we get to see some proper dancing.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member

Even better....save on the water and have then dancing in the air...oh does that come later on??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell shouldn't she skate? :confused:

Isn't Maria the only female with a background of ice dancing anyway? If the others are all figure skaters rather than ice dancers then it makes perfect sense to have her in the opening number as surely she could perform better, more impressive moves than the others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was voted off last week along with Andy.

Make way for the other professionals Maria

Maria wasn't voted off. You vote for the celebrity!