ipod headphones

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 984
Forum Member
✭✭
i recently (dec) bought two ipod classics from littlewoods.

one of the headphone sets has broke and im left with a dodgy pair.

who do i go to solve this issue, apple or littlewoods?

Many Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,940
    Forum Member
    I'd go to Littlewoods first (assuming it's local to you).

But ..... do you want to bother?

Just chuck both sets in the bin (OK ... maybe a drawer) and buy some decent headphones.

You've just spent hundreds on a couple of MP3 players ..... surely you want to use some decent headphones with them?!?!? The ones that come with the iPod are pretty crap.

You don't need to spend a fortune. £15-£20 will get you a set far better than the included ones ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apple swap them over.....but.....
    Senheiser cx300s are cheap/amazing!
  • BeachballBeachball Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Chris.. wrote: »

Agreed. Brilliant little things. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Try contacting both companies, looking at littlewoods website, I don't think they'll be able to replace your headphones without opening a new iPod (I can't see the headphones being sold seperately on the site) so you'll have better chances ringing/e-mailing Apple.

I've got to agree with the other users though, Apple iPod headphones are rubbish, they do break easily and the sound quality is crap compared to most headphones. I bought some headphones from HMV for £10 and they produce a much better sound quality!
  • Rob500Rob500 Posts: 3,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the included ones for some reason :confused:

The Wharfedale ones I had with my old mp3 player were superb, although the connection kept breaking (3 pairs).
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Ryan_Gray wrote: »
    i recently (dec) bought two ipod classics from littlewoods.

one of the headphone sets has broke and im left with a dodgy pair.

who do i go to solve this issue, apple or littlewoods?

Many Thanks

i have a pair of unused apple headphones that came with my ipod classic - i can sell them to you for £10 inc. recorded delivery if you send payment to paypal - pm me or anyone else interested
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's free from Apple.
  • Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris.. wrote: »
    Apple swap them over.....but.....

Creative Labs EP-630, even cheaper and better than those nasty CX300's.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,115
    Forum Member
    I recently bought the Apple in-ear headphones and found them to be a huge disappointment, especially considering the price of them.

For anyone else that has tried them/uses them, do you find them to be lacking on the sound of the bass? Just compared to the basic iPod headphones, the bass on the in-ear ones is pretty much non-existent.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some good, relatively cheap, headphones with a good bass sound?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Right at the bottom end of the quality scale I know but... 97p for a pair of Tesco value headphones.

After running over two pairs of iPod earphones with my office chair and dropping a pair of Skullcandy ones in a mug of tea I decided that I couldn't be trusted with expensive earphones and picked up a pair of value ones from the supermarket.

They actually fit better than the iPod ones did in my ears but the length of wire is woefully short.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie841 wrote: »
    I recently bought the Apple in-ear headphones and found them to be a huge disappointment, especially considering the price of them.

For anyone else that has tried them/uses them, do you find them to be lacking on the sound of the bass? Just compared to the basic iPod headphones, the bass on the in-ear ones is pretty much non-existent.

Does anyone have any recommendations for some good, relatively cheap, headphones with a good bass sound?

The in-ear phones only really work if you get a good seal inside the ear. I use Sure ones and the bass response is brilliant when they're tightly in the ear. Put them half in and the bass disappears. The other downside to the design is that, once they are snuggly blocking your ear canals, you can't walk or eat without hearing it really loudly. So all in all, they're great for planes, trains etc, but lousy for listening while walking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    I know this is an old thread, but I've been looking for a cheap pair of replacement headphones for my dodgey standard Apple earbuds and wondered if anyone has any useful advice. My iPod earphones have stopped working in one ear.

I've been reading this review of the best cheap iPod headphones to upgrade the iPod.

Any other recommendations?