been hooked on GTA since christmas. whats the longest time you spent on a game?

CoolWestiesCoolWesties Posts: 211
Forum Member
since xmas '14, i've been playing san andreas, vice and gta3 on the pc, followed by gta4, now doing gay tony, and then will be doing lost+damned (all on ps3) and vice city stories on my psp. aaaaaaaaaand, i havent even started on gta5 yet.

my other games are collecting dust, lol.

i wonder how long it'd take to complete the story of gta5 and then get the plat trophy for it!

Comments

• JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I admit that i'm a bit sad but since 2007 (I don't now as I don't have a PS3 no more but if I did I would in a instant again) I used to play world snooker championship 2007 a hell of a lot (maybe I like it so much as it was my first ever PS3 game I bought)
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty much addicted to the Assassins Creed franchise.
    Playing through both Rogue and Unity at the same time although I'm close to finishing both. Looking at picking up the Chronicles game and Liberation HD at some point before Syndicate comes out in October.

Most of my other games are now waiting till I've caught up on the AC games.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    I've just sat down over the last couple of weeks or so and played all the official levels of Ultimate Doom, Doom II & Master Level, plus Final Doom TNT Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment, using GZDoom and Brutal Doom. Damn, what a load of pure fun. If only modern games could capture that simple, visceral pleasure again. A perfect blend of shooting and puzzle solving that is yet to be bettered in the one thing that really counts - gameplay.

Regards

Mark
  • matt4001matt4001 Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I bought the original Thief when it came out in 1998. I still play the fan missions that continue to be made for it in 2015. That's addiction :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I've been playing assassins creed unity since it came out taking time out to play other gsmes and played the entire franchise including rogue last year am current playing chronicles China.
    also replay the fallout gta mass effect and metal gear solid games regularly
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Modern Warfare,played it day in day out for well over a year(started playing it when the multiplayer beta launched and was still playing it well after World at War came out the following year)
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I clocked up over 500 hours in Oblivion, and my time played on CoD4 multiplayer was 21 days. I've spent even more than that playing WoW and EVE Online :blush:
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been playing Premier Manager 3 since 1993. I am determined to play every team on the list before I quit for good. God doamn Fisher Athletic and Barrow will not get drawn in FA Cup >:(. I am now in season 2214/15. Yes, I am that determined (sad?).:blush:

I played San Andreas for nearly 10 years. Even got the dodgy 360 port for it a few months back.

My stats on TES & Fallout are on here on other threads. But are now higher. Around 1700+ hours in Oblivion. Close to that for Fallout 3. 1200+ hours in New Vegas (just started a new modded game last week - will be playthrough no.12). 700+ hours in Skyrim (started a new modded game this past w/e - playthrough no.7).
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    World Of warcraft. Years it seems I spent on that. Given up on it now though.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent so much time on GTA San Andreas when it came out in 2004, every opportunity I'd get, probably most week nights from about 7-10 and afternoons after school. Couldn't get enough of it.

Same with COD MW.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    worms clan wars not sure though but its so fun just killing them.
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everquest I played non stop almost from 1999 to about 2006, no plans to ever go back now but a few of the people I played with then are still playing it crazy hours a week. It's almost frightening how much of their life they've invested in a game.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be "Chaos" from the ZX Spectrum for me.

Initially discovered it when I was still at school in the local nerd shop called "The Adventurers Guild" and ended up going to this place at every opportunity to play it and challenge other people.

Now, some 35 plus years later, i'm still playing it on my PC with a Spectrum Emulator. I always come back to it when i've got nothing else to play.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skyrim was one that springs to mind well over 300 hours put into that.
    Just lately minecraft is getting a lot of attention from me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Dark Age of Camelot - more than 100 days /played
    World of Warcraft - as above, if not more...

Fortunately, I've kicked the MMO habit and have a life, lol
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice topic. It's just twenty one years and counting here. And that game? XCOM Enemy Unknown. Genius release that's generally my goto when firing up the excellent Dosbox Turbo on Android tablet for a light session. Still also dabble now and again with Diablo 2, C&C Generals, Torchlight and one or two others.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    970 hours on AC New Leaf in 2013 haha

But I will break my steam record with GTA V eventually, 500+ hours on Skyrim.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I think it is around 21 days on mw2. I would probably still play it if my disc wasn't scratched to bits. My multiple play throughs on ff7 probably come close though.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Footbal Manager 2010. Got it for Christmas 2009 and over the next 2 years I had it running in the background for weeks at a time without shutting down, stealing the opportunity to play a match here and there where I could. I didn't really play any other games during that time.

Managed to rack up 10794 hours on Steam in total. Would estimate I was actively playing for about 10% of that time which is still a lot, it's about 90 minutes a day for the duration.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I have been playing ( with the occasional break for other titles) for the last 3 years a very heavily modded version of Skyrim.

Still yet to complete the main storyline due to all the other things to do and explore.

:)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took me around 7 months to complete FFX in 2003
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everquest 2 over 4 years, at least 12k hours.
  • DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It varys for me how much time i spend on games.

The longest time i spend on games is usually when games are online and/or multilayer, i can usually still play these games for months/years later, if the games are still busy online wise :)