Options

Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Wow...surely Girl Gone Wild (Offer Nissim Mix) just has to be the opening song on the new tour!!! Wow!!!
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow...surely Girl Gone Wild (Offer Nissim Mix) just has to be the opening song on the new tour!!! Wow!!!

That would be epic!:)
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chase and Status are very successful music producers. They did some great tracks on Rihanna's Rated R and their own album last year had some amazing production. They do dance european dub step type music.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chase and Status are very successful music producers. They did some great tracks on Rihanna's Rated R and their own album last year had some amazing production. They do dance european dub step type music.

In that case I wouldn't want them to work with Madonna. There's dub-stepping in MDNA so I don't want her to do that again. I would want her to go rocky next time so maybe Jim Steinman or the blokes from Abba for me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ****ed up - We get to hear all of it, not just a snippet
    I love it
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think I might have another retro Madonna party tonight. Making a playlist now, any suggestions?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just logged on, LOVE I Fu**ed Up! It is again, another really different song! and so glad we can hear it in full.

Very moody beats here and i lvoe how personal the lyrics are....this has to be her most confessional work since Like A Prayer!....brutally honest stuff...and i love the end "...or not" very cool reminds me of Music/American Life acoustic/sonic fusion! But different too....love ehr voice ehre too. Every response looks positive too.

Tbh i dont wanna think about her next album yet....so hyped for MDNA. Personally if she were to move and continue the direction she has i would love for her to work with Massive Attack again (they worked with M on productions for SOmething To Remember...but only her cover of Marvin gayes I Want You made the cut...beautiful cover!) I love their recent stuff (3 years ago now however!) But ifeel Madonna and Massive Attack and patrick Leonard being the reunion would be something else! :cool: like working with a new team too she hasnt worked with yet and her reunited with Leonard and Massive Attack...would be interesting.

But it really looks like MDNA is gonna be quite the standard setter......I love that she is having fun with these deeper elements, shame its being "shunned" on the Deluxe really....because this song is full on beautiful and Beautiful Killer sounds like it will be immense too.

So glad that one of the bonus songs were put out in full however :) Not Turn Up The Radio etc....cannot wait for the full songs on MDNA....8 days!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love him or hate him, Perez has an EPIC/PHENOMENAL jacket

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423361_341584295877223_115042988531356_860425_1084373591_n.jpg

I want i want i want i want i want!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MDNA Will Save Pop Music is a TT right now....you gotta love the power of social networking really :cool:
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's pretty extraordinary how it hasn't leaked yet. People must be really scared of leaking it after what happened to the guy who leaked GMAYL but a low quality version is being streamed tomorrow and should be circulating pretty soon after
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MDNA Will Save Pop Music is a TT right now....you gotta love the power of social networking really :cool:

She is also helping to save Dance music as well:):)
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love him or hate him, Perez has an EPIC/PHENOMENAL jacket

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/423361_341584295877223_115042988531356_860425_1084373591_n.jpg

I want i want i want i want i want!!!

Sorry but Perez has no redeeming features.
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Radio 2 just played Masterpiece! It sounds fantastic on the radio :D
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New preview - Best Friend

http://perezhilton.com/2012-03-18-madonna-best-friend-mdna-song#.T2X6cq4_Lz0

I like it, but not as much as some of the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Gigi
    I am loving the **** you attitude with this album. Madonna hasn't had that attitude since American life. LOVE IT
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    New preview - Best Friend

http://perezhilton.com/2012-03-18-madonna-best-friend-mdna-song#.T2X6cq4_Lz0

I like it, but not as much as some of the others.

It's sort of 80s Madonna! I like it for that reason.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Gigi
    I am loving the **** you attitude with this album. Madonna hasn't had that attitude since American life. LOVE IT

I'm loving the lyrics on this album. I think it has some of her best most honest lyrics since LAP. Personally, I prefer lyrics that are confessional about relationships, breaking up with someone, heartache, rather than more generalized lyrics about politics or spirituality. The last couple of albums I thought she got into some of those spiritual/Kaballah cliches too much, but now she is going back to being more real, honest and personal and I love it because it's so relatable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I'm loving the lyrics on this album. I think it has some of her best most honest lyrics since LAP. Personally, I prefer lyrics that are confessional about relationships, breaking up with someone, heartache, rather than more generalized lyrics about politics or spirituality. The last couple of albums I thought she got into some of those spiritual/Kaballah cliches too much, but now she is going back to being more real, honest and personal and I love it because it's so relatable.

Couldn't agree more
  • Options
    DayCarDayCar Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Can someone help me? I'm quite a big Madonna fan but lately I've been SO busy with uni work I'm quite out the loop regarding new previews and stuff. Every now and then I see a new headline on DS about a new MDNA preview but I havn't had time to listen and now I have but I don't want to just seach something like 'MDNA previews' as I don't want to miss one that might be exclusive on another site! So could anyone list exactly what previews have been released? I LOVEEEE I F*****d up!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I F***ed Up is a beautiful song, very well produced and the lyrics are great. I love the attitude Madonna is displaying with this album and how personal a lot of the song contents are to her.

Best Friend was very much a deluxe edition track kind of song. Nothing that sets the world on fire and it was a wise move to keep it off the standard edition! Although saying that it is far from the worst snippet I've heard from MDNA! Credit to Benassi for producing something very much different to his normal loud industrial beat sound.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DayCar wrote: »
    Can someone help me? I'm quite a big Madonna fan but lately I've been SO busy with uni work I'm quite out the loop regarding new previews and stuff. Every now and then I see a new headline on DS about a new MDNA preview but I havn't had time to listen and now I have but I don't want to just seach something like 'MDNA previews' as I don't want to miss one that might be exclusive on another site! So could anyone list exactly what previews have been released? I LOVEEEE I F*****d up!!

I'm Addicted
    Love Spent
    Gang Bang
    Superstar
    Falling Free
    I Don't Give A
    Beautiful Killer
    I F*cked Up
    Best Friend

These are all of the previews so far!!!:):cool:
  • Options
    BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Falling Free has proven to be my favourite
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan on Best Friend at all. I won't be playing it again after my initial album run through
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!

Best Friend i cannot believe is a Bennassi production...it is a bit different. I agree with others that this is more the "Deluxe Song" than Beautiful Killer which IMO sounds like it could be on the main album itself. But i really like it...reminds me of when the demos from albums leak a year or two after the album release and you go "why wasnt it on there" i think that is what they have done here. I like it though...but in a Love Spent, Superstar snippet way and by no means a massive gang bang, falling free, i dont give a..., im addicted, INSTANT vibe. But i still really dig it :)

Again agreed i always prefer when Madonna gives real geniune dirt and honesty as well as the irony and mixes it all up. I have too missed those aspects on her recent albums...MDNA looks set to showcase everything :cool:
This discussion has been closed.