PS4 - First Impressions

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I read fifa is pretty much identical other than the crowd.

Seriously on launch the only games id touch would be bf4. Killzone or forza.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    FIFA looks slightly better (More polish) and they have also added some nice touches.

Don't think we will really see cross gen titles looking miles ahead on next gen till this time next year tbh.

Most of the cross gen games seemed rushed with all these updates adding 1080p etc.

But I'm happy with what i got for now.

Looking forward to, The Crew,The Division and Watch Dogs (All coming from Ubisoft so could be in for a wait there!) Also have Destiny which looks good.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    mikey86uk wrote: »
    FIFA to me looks better and and combined with other details they have placed in there.

Don't think we will really see cross gen titles looking miles ahead on next gen till this time next year tbh.

Most of the cross gen games seemed rushed with all these updates adding 1080p etc.

But I'm happy with what i got for now.

Looking forward to, The Crew,The Division and Watch Dogs (All coming from Ubisoft so could be in for a wait there!) Also have Destiny which looks good.

Yeah, the second wave of next gen titles is where we'll see the big differences. Next stop, Infamous Second Son
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still glad I bought the PS4 even though I won't have much to play on it for a while. With a 9 month old, it's best I do these things whilst I can lol

Killzone will be my first PS4 game to play - will start tonight.
    Forum Member
    TheVoid wrote: »
    I'm still glad I bought the PS4 even though I won't have much to play on it for a while. With a 9 month old, it's best I do these things whilst I can lol

Killzone will be my first PS4 game to play - will start tonight.

Im liking KillZone, just finding it difficult, so may have to start again and maybe try an easier setting :D and multiplayer is pretty cool on it :)

Also, does anyone no what "Enable HDMI Device Link" does?

Its currently un-ticked.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Im liking KillZone, just finding it difficult, so may have to start again and maybe try an easier setting :D and multiplayer is pretty cool on it :)

Also, does anyone no what "Enable HDMI Device Link" does?

Its currently un-ticked.

It's for link operations with a Bravia TV.
    Forum Member
    Ah, i have a Bravia TV, What features does it add?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Ghosts on XB1 is almost indistinguishable from the 360 version. I didn't even bother with a PS4 copy. Poor game whatever the platform IMO.

The gameplay I saw on X1 was similar to a 2008 game.

For an example the multiplayers in the following games look much better.

The Last of Us
    Killzone 2
    Killzone 3
    Uncharted 2 (which in MP the character models were better than 2)

Yes that is what I noticed some of the PS3 exclusives had a better looking multiplayer than a cros generation game on a new generation console.

Not seen any PS4 footage of MP
    Forum Member
    Well I have the following to keep me happy.until Watchdogs and Order 1886

TLOU MP
    Borderlands 2 SP
    Bioshock Infinite DLC
    KZ SF SP and MP
    Resogun
    AC3 PS3 and AC4 PS4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have the following to keep me happy.until Watchdogs and Order 1886

TLOU MP
    Borderlands 2 SP
    Bioshock Infinite DLC
    KZ SF SP and MP
    Resogun
    AC3 PS3 and AC4 PS4

So you're flipping between PS3 and PS4 then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killzone looks stunning! Only thing that pissed me off was the audio was a little out of sync during the start with speech, maybe because it was installing in the background?

Also, the console is pretty loud when playing Killzone.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Going from the FIFA demo I downloaded, the gameplay and match visuals are hardly any different from the last gen version - they have just tarted up the stadium shots and 3D replays

Yeah, its meant to be a better crowd and thats it.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, i have a Bravia TV, What features does it add?

You can use your TV remote to control your ps4. I used it for PS3, most useful when you use your console as a blu-ray player, you can use your TV remote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's little touches with Fifa, both in terms of visuals and audio. it definitely makes for a more polished game than the previous-gen versions, but ultimately yes, not a massive step-up.

Ghosts, OTOH, there's very little there at all to distinguish one version from the other. I had hoped after playing the previous-gen version that there might be enough small changes to make a difference, but there's hardly anything. Certainly not enough to transform a sh1te game into anything other than a sh1te game. :(
    Ghosts probably offers the biggest leap of the cross-generational games.

The difference from the PS3 version is enormous.
    Killzone looks stunning! Only thing that pissed me off was the audio was a little out of sync during the start with speech, maybe because it was installing in the background?

Also, the console is pretty loud when playing Killzone.
    Yeah that was annoying, it wasn't the install thing as I let it install fully first.

It was also out of sync in the trailer. To be honest I'm not sure it is a case of being in sync, more that they just didn't both making the mouth move right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »

Yeah that was annoying, it wasn't the install thing as I let it install fully first.

It was also out of sync in the trailer. To be honest I'm not sure it is a case of being in sync, more that they just didn't both making the mouth move right.

Oh really, that's a relief then, thought I had a fault!

Suprised the PS4 is that noisy though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really, that's a relief then, thought I had a fault!

Suprised the PS4 is that noisy though.
    Mine is barely audible.

It doesn't get very hot either and I've got it poorly placed shooting the hot air right into the path of my discarded PS3.

How long have you played it for? Maybe the noise is because it is still installing.
    Forum Member
    So you're flipping between PS3 and PS4 then?

of course
    Forum Member
    Mine is barely audible.

It doesn't get very hot either and I've got it poorly placed shooting the hot air right into the path of my discarded PS3.

How long have you played it for? Maybe the noise is because it is still installing.

Mine got very hot very quickly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is barely audible.

Only for about an hour. Trouble is, if you start playing, and forget it's installing, then turn it all off, nothing alerts you to that it's installing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You cannot be serious ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    You cannot be serious ?
    Yes I am.

I've played COD, BF4, FIFA and AC4 on PS3 and played COD, BF4 and FIFA on PS4.

Nothing offered the leap that COD did.

That's not saying it is the best looking game, it is just saying it offers the biggest leap.

It is a serious difference, to the point where it affects gameplay thanks to the improved clarity and no longer being a blurry mess for anything further than 10ft in front of you allowing you to place more long range shots or spot enemies you otherwise couldn't distinguish.
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member

I didn't play the PS3 version so really can't comment there. As far as the 360/XB1 comparison goes though, there's little to no difference.
    It is a serious difference, to the point where it affects gameplay thanks to the improved clarity and no longer being a blurry mess for anything further than 10ft in front of you allowing you to place more long range shots or spot enemies you otherwise couldn't distinguish.

Whilst that was a problem for me, it's fairly minor compared to some of the other issues I had with the game.

Still, good to know that there's at least one half-decent version of the game out there somewhere. :)
  • Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't play the PS3 version so really can't comment there. As far as the 360/XB1 comparison goes though, there's little to no difference.

Whilst that was a problem for me, it's fairly minor compared to some of the other issues I had with the game.

Still, good to know that there's at least one half-decent version of the game out there somewhere. :)

Completely agree. The difference is in clarity only between PS3/4. Looks crap on both. At least this is according to my eyes anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chopoff I really don't get that. The difference with bf4 is huge. You are taking a game that is just about able to handle 24 players,less vehicles, smaller play area, probably pc wise minimum gfx on 360/ps3 and telling me that cod which offers nothing, makes a bigger jump ?

64 players, probably 3 times the vehicles, 720/900 gfx, larger playing area.

Bf4 is the only reason id buy a next gen console....which is one of the reasons I don't have one, as makes it one heck of an expensive game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I am.

I've played COD, BF4, FIFA and AC4 on PS3 and played COD, BF4 and FIFA on PS4.

Nothing offered the leap that COD did.

That's not saying it is the best looking game, it is just saying it offers the biggest leap.

You're comparing the PS3 to PS4 versions against each other though.

If you ignore that, and compare Ghosts PS4 with B4 PS4, then Ghosts should be ashamed of itself.