Mariah Carey & Miguel - #Beautiful

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,750
    Forum Member
    It's different from the charts, she's not following the trends and I can see it being a great song for the summer BUT I'm disappointed that like Triumphant, which I have actually come to love, she is basically a featured artist on her own song

I do hope it does well though, following on from the brilliant Almost Home, I hope her new album can do great things, certainly in the UK where she deserves a lot more success.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    #41 - UK iTunes :):):)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she is #33 on the global itunes chart!! It only came out just over 8 hours ago.
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is on American Idol. The video is premiering on Idol on Wednesday and apparently she is in talks to perform the song on the idol final next week. She will also be performing the show on Good morning America on the 21st of May.

OMG! How coolio is that.

The song has a lovely summery feel to it. I hope she gets a #1 in USA at the very least. It's about time the Queen had a #1!

I hope the video is a good one too. Hopefully the album will spawn shed loads of hits like Emancipation Of Mimi!
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like it when people talk about Mariah as if she can't do hits anymore and as if she tries to get a hit but fails. Mariah has achieved in her career pretty much everlasting there is. She's been there and done it all and doesn't have anything left to prove. She's married now and has kids and I think she is making the music she wants to make, not what everyone is telling her she should make. And why not? She's got nothing to prove and can do what she wants. I get the feeling she likes featuring with other artists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nickyyyboy wrote: »
    OMG, I literally wanna cry.
    This is why I love Mariah!
    I love this song! She deserves this to be a smash, and by the looks of things it's going to be.
    Never heard of Miguel before this, love his voice.
    It's so different to whats on the radio atm, so refreshing!
    Mariah is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should listen to some of his stuff. He is taking the lead in RnB at the moment. There is no one hotter than Miguel right now.

And this song is the reason why:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dM5QYdTo08&sns=em
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    You should listen to some of his stuff. He is taking the lead in RnB at the moment. There is no one hotter than Miguel right now.

I'd heard his name before, through visiting various US blog sites but I can't say that I've heard any of his songs before. I am interested to listen to some of his stuff now though. He has a nice voice. I'm glad Mariah choose to do a duet with him, rather than going for a bigger name like Bruno Mars or even Frank Ocean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd heard his name before, through visiting various US blog sites but I can't say that I've heard any of his songs before. I am interested to listen to some of his stuff now though. He has a nice voice. I'm glad Mariah choose to do a duet with him, rather than going for a bigger name like Bruno Mars or even Frank Ocean.

Bruno Mars makes pop music which never gets played on any urban stations(that seems like what Mariah is going for with this instead) and Frank Ocean isn't really that hot right now. His singles do very poorly and Miguel features have been doing well lately. Tbh, I don't think Frank would have gotten as far as he has as a singer if he wasn't on Watch The Throne. Great writer, mediocre singer. Especially live.
  • tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    If I only had a convertible car driving through the coast...

This song is PERFECT for the above!
  • Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely love it! What a fantastic song, it puts a smile on my have and makes me wanna lay in the park on a summer's day with a beau.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just broken the top 10 on US itunes.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member

YES! It needs to be at #1

Go Mimi :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    #8.YEEEEEEESSSS. if it gets to number 1 on itunes, then i hope it cracks billboard top 10 :o)
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I don't think Frank would have gotten as far as he has as a singer if he wasn't on Watch The Throne. Great writer, mediocre singer. Especially live.

I don't think many of us would have heard of him had he not have come out. Like you said mediocre singer!

OMFG! Wow. Hope it's top 5 by tomorrow! Go MIMI!
    If I only had a convertible car driving through the coast.

Hell yeah. Can I be sat next to you in the convertible? Can we also have a nice breeze with loads of sunshine in the background? ;)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    I don't like it when people talk about Mariah as if she can't do hits anymore and as if she tries to get a hit but fails. Mariah has achieved in her career pretty much everlasting there is. She's been there and done it all and doesn't have anything left to prove. She's married now and has kids and I think she is making the music she wants to make, not what everyone is telling her she should make. And why not? She's got nothing to prove and can do what she wants. I get the feeling she likes featuring with other artists.

True, considering she wasn't allowed many collabs at all during her early career. She did what SONY wanted her to do.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!! Can't stop listening to it. I think both Miguel and Mariah sound fantastic and I love the production on the track! I wan to get in a car right now and just turn it up loud and drive!! Perfect summer song and deserves to be a huge hit!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member

Bloody hell! Defintley gonna download his album I think!

#36 ON UK iTunes

HONEY B FLY IS BACCKKKKKK!
  • FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    If only fans of "other" artists shared that sentiment, would make DS a whole lot more co-operative and friendly.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she has broken Gaga's record for first day on USA radio.

Gotta hand it to Mariah. When she nails it she nails it like no other. She is heading for another record Billboard #1. :D
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant and classic Mariah. So refreshing to hear some real singing/instruments etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #4 on US iTunes
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hashtag noooooooooo

I do quite like it though. I was hoping for another Shake It Off but it's laid back and summery.

EDIT: Get that smash Mimi. :cool:
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Apparently she has broken Gaga's record for first day on USA radio.

Gotta hand it to Mariah. When she nails it she nails it like no other. She is heading for another record Billboard #1. :D

Wow. Looks like she was NOT happy about the Triumphant sitch. Glad she fixed it. I can't wait for her return, I shall be BUYING this album from the Queen (seeing as Whitney is no longer with us :))
  • Sick n SexifiedSick n Sexified Posts: 1,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having listened to it a few more times I honestly think this is my favourite song of the year so far and one of, if not her best ever.

It's everything Triumphant should've been. It's fresh, gorgeously produced, the vocals from both of them are incredible too, you believe what they're singing.

It has an "intamacy" to it that captures what so many songs try to put across but just come off as insincere. I'm such a fanboy right now. :D
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    So much love for this song, got it on Itunes and I'm addicted <3

It would make my day to see it hit #1 on US iTunes