Mariah Carey & Miguel - #Beautiful

12346»

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit mixed on this. It's very different and not much out there like it, so gotta give Mimi some cred there
    May be a slow grower
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heartbreaker is a cute vid (especially the cat fight) but the outfit! Who would wear that to the cinema?

Mariah ;) lol
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she at #1 in America? Hope she is!
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah ;) lol
    I actually can imagine Mariah wearing that in an everyday situation lol :D
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    I actually can imagine Mariah wearing that in an everyday situation lol :D

It's all about the ensembles darling:p

Did you see Mariah on MTV cribs when she went onto the exercise machine in a mini skirt and stilettos :D
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys... I know this isn't exactly much to brag about, but Beautiful cracked the top 40! #39
    I never thought Mariah would get in the UK chart again with a new song!

Unfortunately she's dropping down the US iTunes quite steadily too. Why she's waiting until the 24th to start promo is ridiculous. No wonder she recently fired her manager and changed companies.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all about the ensembles darling:p

Did you see Mariah on MTV cribs when she went onto the exercise machine in a mini skirt and stilettos :D
    Yep! :D
    I think I've seen just about every Mariah interview/TV appearance tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lewnaticc wrote: »
    Guys... I know this isn't exactly much to brag about, but Beautiful cracked the top 40! #39
    I never thought Mariah would get in the UK chart again with a new song!

Unfortunately she's dropping down the US iTunes quite steadily too. Why she's waiting until the 24th to start promo is ridiculous. No wonder she recently fired her manager and changed companies.

But she is doing excellent on the US airplay chart. She's #19 atm but likely to move up to #13 by tomorrow as her airplay gains this week have been strong and steady. She's performing on the Idol Final next week so that should give her a boost on itunes.
  • Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #39 is fantastic but the song needs a boost because where it stands now it will fall next week!
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all about the ensembles darling:p Did you see Mariah on MTV cribs when she went onto the exercise machine in a mini skirt and stilettos :D

Do you mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn5i9LpP288

I know it's a mickey take, but I have not laughed that hard in ages. Also, a great compilation of some of her fine music. :D
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching Glitter. Hey shoot me but I think it's enjoyable and fun and Mariah is pretty damn good in it! :-)
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Capital FM have playlisted this!

Get that UK smash Mimi! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Capital FM have playlisted this!

Get that UK smash Mimi! :D

I am genuinely shocked they've done this.
    Now I'll look forward to Capital being on in work!
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Capital :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else surprised at its iTunes success?
    It's been hovering around #18-#20 for ages, and it suddenly drops to like #30, and then it's back up to #18 again. Hopefully the playlist will push it forward more, I'd love her to get a top 20 here!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what the radio impressions are for america now?? The buzz has seemed to have slumped for the song....

i know she perf it on fri and the explicit version just come out but arent sales slowing down??

I hope radio plays increase...it really should be top 5.
    Forum Member
    and does anyone know when the explicit version comes out in the UK?? i love it.
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am beginning to LOVE this song!

I cannot stand the woman, but wow. Have to hand it to her and Miguel, it's a great song!
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I'm watching Glitter. Hey shoot me but I think it's enjoyable and fun and Mariah is pretty damn good in it! :-)

I love it too, it's not even that bad - cheesy fun.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Its been added to the radio 1 playlist too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stevie_Lo wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the radio impressions are for america now?? The buzz has seemed to have slumped for the song....

i know she perf it on fri and the explicit version just come out but arent sales slowing down??

I hope radio plays increase...it really should be top 5.

It's currently #17 and #138 on US itunes and # 18 on the US airplay chart. Sales seem to have increased since the video for the explicit version was released. Last weeks billboard hot 100 placing was #20. It's doing OK with little promo.The new billboard chart is released today, so we will see if it's position changes.
    Forum Member
    Hope it rises on billboard then, it be great if she got number 1 on rnb charts.

woo hoo glad its on radio 1 playlist, even if its C list, better than nothing.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and she may be touring soon!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »

I love that film. I cried at the end.