Options

No Sky in Swindon

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
Forum Member
No signal since about 6.30. No bad weather conditions or anything. Could it be something else?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With your equipment, yes. Satellite doesn't suffer localised outages.

Damaged box / damaged cable / misaligned dish if its been windy are quite likely. Have you restarted the box from cold (unplug it, basically)?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    are you using a communal dish or your own 'Could be anything the dish could have been moved the lbn has gone have you checked your signal meter?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing external (dish etc) has moved.

Box did freeze beforehand, but has happened every now and then for years. Did the usual unplug but nothing...
  • Options
    Orry VerducciOrry Verducci Posts: 2,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pazza_73 wrote: »
    Nothing external (dish etc) has moved.

Box did freeze beforehand, but has happened every now and then for years. Did the usual unplug but nothing...
    The dish only needs to move a few millimetres to completely loose signal. It's also possible your box is on its way out. What model box do you have, as some are known to have power supply problems which give them such problems over time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    sounds to me your tuner with in the box has gone this happened to my sky+ box and i get it replaced
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's an old box, had it since end of '99 - Panasonic.

Great that's all I need...extra cost!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    You can get them from around £5 on fleabay.
    Or Sky+ boxes from about £40
  • Options
    Orry VerducciOrry Verducci Posts: 2,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If possible, borrow someone elses Sky box and try it out on your TV and dish connection. If it works, you need a new Sky box, if it doesn't work, then clearly something is wrong with the dish, LNB or cabling.