Options

Would you guys like some gossip? (dont worry no spoiler)

Comments

• Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Well, Lord Sugar appears to disagree with you aussiedave, since he posted this on Twitter about 20 minutes ago:

"Some exciting news to share. Stella English last years Apprentice winner is now going to work with me in the exciting project at YouView"

lol I just spotted that too. Do you think he was reading this forum? :D

I'm glad he's excited, as Stella is probably my favourite candidate ever.
  • Options
    Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I just spotted that too. Do you think he was reading this forum? :D

I'm glad he's excited, as Stella is probably my favourite candidate ever.

If he wasn't reading the forum, his timing couldn't have been better if he'd have tried!
  • Options
    ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Well, Lord Sugar appears to disagree with you aussiedave, since he posted this on Twitter about 20 minutes ago:

"Some exciting news to share. Stella English last years Apprentice winner is now going to work with me in the exciting project at YouView"

Lol I just read that on Twitter as well. So I guess your source OP wasn't very reliable? ;)
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Well it does say Stella will work with Sir Alan - which isn't quite the same as she is working for him.:D

They could be business partners - or alternatively she turns up and does some PR.

What is youview anyway - is like you tube except a cheapo knock off version?:D
  • Options
    ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Well it does say Stella will work with Sir Alan - which isn't quite the same as she is working for him.:D

They could be business partners - or alternatively she turns up and does some PR.

What is youview anyway - is like you tube except a cheapo knock off version?:D
    YouView brings you all the plug-in-and-watch simplicity of Freeview, plus the UK’s leading Internet catch-up and video on-demand services.

That means you’ll get the digital TV you love, plus BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD, Demand 5 and SeeSaw, all instantly available on your TV, through one simple set-top box.

For the first time, your on-screen programme guide will go backwards in time as well as forwards. You can discover and watch great programmes whenever you want – even ones you thought you’d missed.

Of course, YouView will also have High Definition, as well as the choice of pay-TV channels and on-demand programmes from TV providers such as BT Vision and Talk Talk TV. It’s also a personal video recorder, so you can pause, rewind and record live TV whenever you like.

Basically, you’ll get all the best bits of 21st Century TV, without having to grapple with complicated technology or pay any TV subscription fees.

http://www.youview.com/questions/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sugar's next tweet:

"Media asked if there was a problem/conflict with Stella at Viglen.Total garbage,expect lies tomorrow.Unbelivable negative world we live in"

Oooo juicy.
    Once again Stella's ultra-amazingness causes so much jealousy in others. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Next tweet:

"That's the beauty of twitter I can tell you the real story on Stella, with 600k followers that's more than the circulation of some papers"

*grabs some popcorn and gets comfy*
  • Options
    aussie_dave_aussie_dave_ Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sugar's next tweet:

"Media asked if there was a problem/conflict with Stella at Viglen.Total garbage,expect lies tomorrow.Unbelivable negative world we live in"

Oooo juicy.
    Once again Stella's ultra-amazingness causes so much jealousy in others. :cool:

Ask yourself this, pure co-incidence that the media are phoning up Sugar about a problem the day after I post about a problem.

Either the media are going off what Im writing or they've also heard stuff.

I will double check but I can assure, that if you think Im lying or wrong ....... we'll youre wrong, and also Alan Sugar is being slightly disenginious as to say there is no problem because I know for a fact that if you think its business as usual and she hasnt handed her notice in your living in a dreamworld.

I find it very interesting Alan Sugar tweets that, and like I said, I should be able to find out by Tuesday more.

But dont just be dismissing my comment out of hand is all Im saying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ask yourself this, pure co-incidence that the media are phoning up Sugar about a problem the day after I post about a problem.

Either the media are going off what Im writing or they've also heard stuff.

I will double check but I can assure, that if you think Im lying or wrong ....... we'll youre wrong, and also Alan Sugar is being slightly disenginious as to say there is no problem because I know for a fact that if you think its business as usual and she hasnt handed her notice in your living in a dreamworld.

I find it very interesting Alan Sugar tweets that, and like I said, I should be able to find out by Tuesday more.

But dont just be dismissing my comment out of hand is all Im saying.

I've not been dismissing anything ;) just weighing up all the info that we've got.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've not been dismissing anything ;) just weighing up all the info that we've got.

The only other thing that could have happened is that Alan Sugar has personally had a word with her when he found out that she had handed in her notice (since she would have handed her notice in to her direct boss, not Alan) and suddenly given her an exciting new project to work to try and keep her onboard.

Strange that at the exact time I say shes quit, suddenly Alan Sugar has this EXCITING NEW project for her ........ think about it ......

I mean how good is my timing if i were to post this at the exact time Lord Sugar was about to pull her from her existing project onto a brand new exciting project that no-one knew about ........

that would either make me psychic or someone who was in the know. And Ive never claimed to be psychic ........

Could it be that she was offered this 'brand new project' to try and keep her onboard because she was jaded with where she was?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member

Could it be that she was offered this 'brand new project' to try and keep her onboard because she was jaded with where she was?

This is what I was thinking plus I don't think Sugar would want any bad publicity right in the middle of The Apprentice series.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol ....... dont worry I was only joking slightly.

But in case you do have doubts, here is a spoiler I posted on the site Im usually on (yahoo answers) last year, which was kind of telling when it comes to my knowledge of Stella.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101213065658AASWqD0

Is it? What spoiler is posted there, and how was it later corroborated?
  • Options
    FaithInElizaFaithInEliza Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    Is it? What spoiler is posted there, and how was it later corroborated?

Um, he posted that Stella was working for Lord Sugar before the final?
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i read on Lord sugars' tweets that stella is working with him on a new project?? youview?? whatever that is...

edit; which has been covered above, didnt read all posts sorry:rolleyes::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um, he posted that Stella was working for Lord Sugar before the final?

It's common knowledge that the two finalists work for him before the final.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well Sugar did want someone who was driven. ;) As they say - never be satisfied with what you've got, keep asking for more.

Naturally Sugar's going to say he has simply moved Stella from one job to another, while the papers will probably interpret it as a dramatic confrontation with her ready to walk out and slam the door, with Sugar desperately trying to make her stay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's common knowledge that the two finalists work for him before the final.

OK Im going to spell this out to you in simple terms because from your naive responses, I think thats what its going to take.

I posted that STELLA ........ (note NOT 'a random, one of many persons that were currently on The Apprentice last year) was working for Sir Alan Sugar.

I posted this weeks before the final.

Do you get it now?

Of course its common knowledge that the 2 finalists work for Sir Alan ..... but unless I missed it, Im pretty sure at the start of the series they dont say 'Oh and by the way at the end of this series it turns out that John and Jane end up being the two finalists' ......... so for me to post Stellas name weeks before it became public knowledge consitutes a spoiler and having inside information.

I honestly cant help you anymore than that, if that still doesnt spell it out, then just say you don't believe me, and we'll all move on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susie246 wrote: »

How strange, she threatens to leave and is given a brand new job (except the actual truth was she did actually hand in her resignation notice - so have a bit of extra inside info there for you)........... its almost as though everything I said days ago was completely true LOL ......... never mind, still keep not believing me then Trollface.
  • Options
    KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason I had got it into my head that the jobs the Apprentice winners got were only temporary for a year anyway - is that not the case? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK Im going to spell this out to you in simple terms because from your naive responses, I think thats what its going to take.

I posted that STELLA ........ (note NOT 'a random, one of many persons that were currently on The Apprentice last year) was working for Sir Alan Sugar.

I posted this weeks before the final.

Do you get it now?

Of course its common knowledge that the 2 finalists work for Sir Alan ..... but unless I missed it, Im pretty sure at the start of the series they dont say 'Oh and by the way at the end of this series it turns out that John and Jane end up being the two finalists' ......... so for me to post Stellas name weeks before it became public knowledge consitutes a spoiler and having inside information.

I honestly cant help you anymore than that, if that still doesnt spell it out, then just say you don't believe me, and we'll all move on.

You didn't actually say when that was posted, so I had no way to know that it was posted before the final. I'm not really sure that questioning you deserves the antagonistic tone you've now adopted with me. Still, whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I won't bother replying to you again.
  • Options
    FaithInElizaFaithInEliza Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You didn't actually say when that was posted, so I had no way to know that it was posted before the final. I'm not really sure that questioning you deserves the antagonistic tone you've now adopted with me. Still, whatever makes you feel good about yourself. I won't bother replying to you again.

Protip: If you'd have clicked his link you'd have seen when it was posted and we could have avoided these shenanigans ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Protip: If you'd have clicked his link you'd have seen when it was posted and we could have avoided these shenanigans ;)

That would have involved me remembering when what episode of last years' series aired. I may not have a life, but that's too geeky even for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would have involved me remembering when what episode of last years' series aired. I may not have a life, but that's too geeky even for me.

You could just apologise. You never know, I might forgive you.
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could just apologise. You never know, I might forgive you.

Thats a ludicrous statement.

Why should he forgive you when it's very likely that you are talking out of your backside?

My favourite part of your argument was the bit when you posted a link to a "source" being a question you asked on Yahoo Answers. :D:D

Just from the trailers the spoiler-friendlies have a good idea who the top 5/6 will be. Soo the fact you successfully predicted that Stella was in the top 2 doesn't really mean much. It was pretty obvious, actually, that after Liz went home (and note that you predicted this just before the interviews stage) that it would be Stella vs either Stuart/Chris in the final.

Even if you did have inside knowledge, you could get in to a lot of trouble for posting stuff like this on a public forum where people can read it. Similarly to posting spoilers knowing 'inside information'.

In conclusion, I agree with trollface when he says you bring the antagonistic tones upon yourself. You are actually quite rude, Dave, in the way that you type. It's very condescending and actually quite irritating.