So there was 2 winners from the last Apprentice series

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
Forum Member
Seem Sugar has gone into a 50/50 business with Susan Ma. Both have announced it on Twitter, this is from @Susanma http://pic.twitter.com/RNOA6jwB.

Comments

• googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    makes a nonsense of the whole show if the end result is just some sort of dragons den hybrid.
  • ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Lord Sugar did say that he wanted to stay in contact with Susan and it's nice to see him keep his word. I wish Susan all the best for her future projects! :)
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    That's so unfair.
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    That's so unfair.

:D:D:D:D
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    That's so unfair.

:confused:

Unfair?. Sugar is a businessman out to make money, nothing more, nothing less. If Susan has something that LS finds interesting, then that is his business, not anyone elses, and actually proves that the show can highlight UK talent.
  • TXF0429TXF0429 Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    :confused:

Unfair?. Sugar is a businessman out to make money, nothing more, nothing less. If Susan has something that LS finds interesting, then that is his business, not anyone elses, and actually proves that the show can highlight UK talent.

I believe apaul was taking the piss out of Susan's catchphrase on the main show, not complaining about Sugar's choice of having two winners.
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Well done Susan.

You could see that LS was interested in the cosmetics business with the task in the last series where he said in the introduction that it was big business. Susan's business idea was probably one of the better ones in the final... I thought on the basis of the interviews and plans put forward that Susan should have been the runner up rather than Helen (with the flawed business idea (which she tried to change in the boardroom).

Seems that Lord Sugar recognises a good deal when he sees it after all!
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan should have won the thing.easily

Sugar is nowhere near as good at picking the talent as Donald Trump.

He has picked the wrong winner in virtually every series. Made calamitous errors in some series.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    makes a nonsense of the whole show if the end result is just some sort of dragons den hybrid.

The whole concept is flawed. He can spot what he wants from reading their CV and he can take as many ideas and apprentices as he wants after. Being awful at every task means you can still win if you have a nail file idea all ready, wheras doing best can mean nothing if you don't walk in with something he likes.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TXF0429 wrote: »
    I believe apaul was taking the piss out of Susan's catchphrase on the main show, not complaining about Sugar's choice of having two winners.

You are quite right TXF.

:o:o:o

A belated apology to apaul for missing his point.....
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »

Last season was a whole nonsense of a show. By far the worst Apprentice in it's history.
  • Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Susan should have won that series. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought Susan should have won that series. :D

Agreed. in fact i can't remember the precise reasons LAS fired her - can anyone remind me? She clearly had the best business idea by a mile and i'm sure i remember him saying so:confused:
  • pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    The whole concept is flawed. He can spot what he wants from reading their CV and he can take as many ideas and apprentices as he wants after. Being awful at every task means you can still win if you have a nail file idea all ready, wheras doing best can mean nothing if you don't walk in with something he likes.

Completely agree; the tasks in the last season were largely irrelevant to who won. It's really not 'The Apprentice' any more, more like 'The Investment'.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Susan was my favourite so yey! :D

However I could see a mile away that she wasn't quite the right character that would win the show. She was a bit too zany and naive.
    If I remember right she was fired for over-exaggerating her numbers, I think on how much profit she would make.

You could tell that Lord Sugar was wanting to work with her though and that he could see she had something going.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good, I loved Susan!
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone had fun with the Photoshop on her Twitter picture
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    Knew she would have it in here, congrats Susan :D.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I remember on the show Sugs said that he "might be interested in working with Susan in the future" or something to that effect, but I never for a second thought that he actually meant it.

Susan had a lot going for her as I recall. I hope she does well out of this and gets stinking rich, if only to treat her delightful Mum! :)
  • CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Lord Sugar for offering his assistance to Susan at the end of the last series and to Susan for taking up the proposal he's offered.

Would love to see Lord Sugar applying Susan's skin cream to the ladies arriving at her stand but without that it's a pleasure to read Susan continues in her aim to do well. Undoubtedly they'll both gain from this joint venture so hope they both have a good show.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    milmol wrote: »
    Agreed. in fact i can't remember the precise reasons LAS fired her - can anyone remind me? She clearly had the best business idea by a mile and i'm sure i remember him saying so:confused:

I think she'd been essentially a bit over-optimistic in her projections. That was her main flaw, and probably one that experience will cure.

I'm delighted to hear this though, as I liked Susan a lot.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What was Susan's business idea?
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,405
    Forum Member
    Susan should have won the thing.easily

Sugar is nowhere near as good at picking the talent as Donald Trump.

He has picked the wrong winner in virtually every series. Made calamitous errors in some series.

Apparantly Trump was accused of only giving "non-jobs" to the US Apprentice winners.
    They ended up as "spokesperson" for his brands, and were required to attend PR events and do little else. (According to Wiki links)
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not suprised that Susan Ma got something out of the process in the end. For all her faults, she did look to be someone where there was room to learn, grow and create (which I didn't really get the sense from with some of last years contestants).
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Good for Susan...a fave of my also!! Glad she did better than Jim in the end!!