Options

Celebrity MasterChef 2014

Comments

• Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he should just have cooked 2 lots of Paella...

And maybe not burn this one...:p
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Andagha wrote: »
    And to think he survived over Millie... Well what can I say...

I'm actually getting very annoyed over that again tonight
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we have to go through these 2 deciding on who goes through??
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patsey10 wrote: »
    Sophie is simply fab-that food was great and she comes across as gentle and slightly eccentric :) Would be more than happy if she wins tomorrow.
    I'd be happy enough with anyone but Wayne winning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sophie could actually win this :D
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Sophie could actually win this :D

It's between her and Charlie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John - you should have acknowledged he wasn't up to speed a few episodes ago!
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did Wayne manage to get those biscuits doughy in the middle and burnt round the edge? Gosh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best choice ever :D
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great dancer crap cook.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    How did Wayne manage to get those biscuits doughy in the middle and burnt round the edge? Gosh.

It's an art darling, didn't you know that - an art !!!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great dancer crap cook.

And quite a sweetie really. Made me laugh quite a lot.

Definitely Sophie for the win for me. Lovely lady and very good cook.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stick to the pirouettes and leave the paellas alone, Wayne love.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to miss it :-(

I'll be in port, so should still have a 3G signal, so will keep up to speed.

Been lovely sharing the thread with you all this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's an art darling, didn't you know that - an art !!!:p

:D:D:D It is certainly quite a special gift.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope all goes well with your flight. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have a great time - hope you manage to anaesthetise yourself a bit for the flight.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather Amanda or Milly, or even Biggins had been in the final four instead of Wayne.

I hope that Sophie wins, but am happy to see her, Jodie and Charlie in the final.
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The right three went through. Thank goodness. Knew Sophie was through when the critics and John and Greg raved over her two plates. And after the disaster (the very LATE disaster - I have never seen a critic hovering by the door before!) of Wayne's two plates, I knew the others were through as well (although I still had an awful feeling they would choose him to go into the final because I'm sure he had something on them to have progressed so far!).

I know who I want to win, but I'd be happy with any of them. I really like them all.
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching tonight's show in bitesize chunks to delay the moment where someone has to go... I loved the street food section and seeing them out of their comfort zone both with flavours and the constraints of their kitchens. Both teams did really well. I love the sparky banter between Jodie and Wayne -- they had so much fun together and that was a good team. It worked. Sophie and Charley were more low key in terms of laughs but there seemed to be some serious good cooking and tasting and hard work there. A lot of skill and knowledge too eg understanding how to recover the too-hot marinade. (Comedy contrast: Wayne being told how to rescue the unburnt rice, bless him many times :D)

Proud of all of them and don't want to lose anyone in truth.

Hey, my favourite moment!! Where Torode picked the veggie sweet potato as the highlight from Jodie and Wayne's van. Yay! A sure sign Biggins has left the building, but that's not why... Thank you for remembering the veggies, guys
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry::cry: for Wayne but it's the right final three, and anyone could win. Sophie has been the stand out from the beginning but the other two, particularly Charley, have the talent to win on a good day and with a carefully thought through menu.

Sophie's positives: invention that pays off; Puds; 'natural' presentation; team player
    Charley's positives: big flavours; likes his sauces; adventure that often works; team player
    Jodie's positives: I'm coming up with a lot of character things -- hard work; leadership; drive... I think her cheffy presentation is what stands out from a cooking point of view; team player

Sophie's negatives: occasionally too sweet?
    Charley's negatives: presentation either too haphazard or too formal (Aztec fertility God)
    Jodie's negatives: more 'safe' than the other two; flavours can be too strong in context or too fragile (lobster bisque and crab risotto)

I've loved all three. Sophie was my clear favourite until Charley turned up late in the day. I still think she'll win. I believe Charley's nerves are getting to him and Jodie doesn't quite have the distinctiveness to stand out against Sophie. Truth is I'd be delighted if Charley came through but equally charmed by Sophie.

epilogue: Absolutely love Wayne Sleep. What a mensch!
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simi89 wrote: »
    Aw I'm glad sophie got good comments. She looks like a nervous wreck!

She always does, I am beginning to wonder if it is an act.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonbwfc wrote: »
    Bye Wayne, utter disaster throughout this episode.

With a couple of the better not being up to standard, I was wondering whether Wayne Sleep might produce a couple of good dishes and get through over them. Relieved he didn't but could have happened on the basis that they are only judged on the last test.
  • Options
    JerrybobJerrybob Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My money is on Jodie to win....she always seems cool under pressure and is a creative cook.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    almost everyone on here has been saying that wayne was gonna be out of his depth and I actually felt a little sorry for him last night that he had been put in a position that he should never have been in