Options

Clever editing by BB producers showing Chris in a bad light.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
Forum Member
In last night’s show BB aired "half" a conversation between Steven and Chris.

It was edited in such a way that it looked like Chris was attacking Steven when in fact Steven started the conversation and was being patronizing to Chris telling Chris that he was an ‘ok guy’ now but when he first came in to the house he was too quiet and withdrawn, However, Steven went on to say that Chris was an ‘ok guy’ now and that he had Stevens seal of approval.

BB producers only showed the segment in which Chris was upset about being granted “Steven’s royal seal of approval “
We didn't see 'all' of what was said only the bits which would show Chris in a bad light.

BB producers want Chris and Ashleigh out and they will keep on with their own form of character assassination hoping the public will start voting for Winston and Mark.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that.

Chris, Ashleigh and Christopher are the only decent ones in that whole house!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jequila wrote: »
    I noticed that.

Chris, Ashleigh and Christopher are the only decent ones in that whole house!

Yeah...I had seen the clip earlier in the day somewhere and when it came on to
    TV I was shocked
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There has been a lot of clever editing (or not so clever) for and against them all this series, do you really think its just your fav's that are affected?:confused:
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    smart people are the ones that aren't falling for it :)
  • Options
    PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Saint Chris never bitches, never moans and is definitely not two-faced.

;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    There has been a lot of clever editing (or not so clever) for and against them all this series, do you really think its just your fav's that are affected?:confused:

Hopefully.... I’m not silly enough to think it’s just Chris that is affected by clever (or not so clever) editing.:)

However, the producer’s favourites Mark and Winston ‘never’ receive anything but “very positive editing” and that’s what people object to. People are always saying “Chris in an actor so therefore he is not being himself” but Winston is also an actor (he has appeared in Eastenders as Sharon’s barman) but no one ever says that about him. :confused:
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    This is BB and it's all about control of information and of the public. We get to see what they want and the editing can turn a hero to a villain and vice versa. I guess it's always been that way to some extent but without any LF at all it makes it easier for them to manipulate public opinion.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully.... I’m not silly enough to think it’s just Chris that is affected by clever (or not so clever) editing.:)

However, the producer’s favourites Mark and Winston ‘never’ receive anything but “very positive editing” and that’s what people object to. People are always saying “Chris in an actor so therefore he is not being himself” but Winston is also an actor (he has appeared in Eastenders as Sharon’s barman) but no one ever says that about him. :confused:

The favourable editing of Winston and Mark is something we all can agree on. Though as Mark is genuinely unlikeable when looked at too closely, that may come to an end.

With Chris what I think they are trying to portray is that he is an introvert, he doesn't like many people, he admitted as much in the VT and as far as I can see has lived up to that privately, yet wants people to like him.

It's a very, very common trait. It's not them who has a problem, they are mr/mrs loveable, just people won't see it.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The favourable editing of Winston and Mark is something we all can agree on. Though as Mark is genuinely unlikeable when looked at too closely, that may come to an end.

With Chris what I think they are trying to portray is that he is an introvert, he doesn't like many people, he admitted as much in the VT and as far as I can see has lived up to that privately, yet wants people to like him.

It's a very, very common trait. It's not them who has a problem, they are mr/mrs loveable, just people won't see it.

I don't think that is true about Winston and Mark. A lot of people have been saying for sometime now that Mark is treating Christopher badly, if they wanted to they could have edited that all out. Also, most people thought Winston was ridiculous with the Marlon pushing the button thing.

Every one of them get edited in a good way and a bad way. But if you give them the a chance to edit you in a bad way, the editors will make full use of it.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member

;-)

He is the forum target currently even more than Steven by a select few posters.
    Majority of people feel very differently i am afraid to say.
    what happens happens at this stage of the show.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    He is the forum target currently even more than Steven by a select few posters.
    Majority of people feel very differently i am afraid to say.
    what happens happens at this stage of the show.

Why mention FM at all?
    Why mention how many or how few like/dislike a HM?

That's not an argument for the HM, it's an attack on FM.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    This annoys the hell out of me, without other posts like this we would have no idea the truth behind the highly edited show
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anybody got a link to the original uploaded clip because I missed it?
  • Options
    spiralstaticspiralstatic Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xNATILLYx wrote: »
    smart people are the ones that aren't falling for it :)

In this case, smart people would know everyone can be edited however Big Brother likes for good and bad. The online clips can be edited just as much as the show. Since there is no live feed at all, there is no way to know what anyone is truly like. Therefore, surely a smart person would have no opinion on anyone and at least wouldn't have enough of an opinion to come to a message board and post about them all... ;-) (she says, on the message board..!! ;-):D :p to me!!!!)
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that Chris is getting different edits all of a sudden

They're making him look sly and a bit unpleasant
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ showing the real Chris, basically.

;-)

and doesn't play up in the DR.

;-);-)
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In last night’s show BB aired "half" a conversation between Steven and Chris.

It was edited in such a way that it looked like Chris was attacking Steven when in fact Steven started the conversation and was being patronizing to Chris telling Chris that he was an ‘ok guy’ now but when he first came in to the house he was too quiet and withdrawn, However, Steven went on to say that Chris was an ‘ok guy’ now and that he had Stevens seal of approval.

BB producers only showed the segment in which Chris was upset about being granted “Steven’s royal seal of approval “
    We didn't see 'all' of what was said only the bits which would show Chris in a bad light.

BB producers want Chris and Ashleigh out and they will keep on with their own form of character assassination hoping the public will start voting for Winston and Mark.
    I am assuming you know this based on a clip C5 provided so...
    This annoys the hell out of me, without other posts like this we would have no idea the truth behind the highly edited show
    This makes no sense.
    The OP apparently saw a clip with the full conversation,that clip would be put up by c5/endemol uk so they are not hiding anything at all..In days of old you would be watching live feed and see these types of things done every day to ALL the housemates so what the editing did to chris is no different than any other year,or with any other hm..how many times have they shown Helen in a bad light? yet much of the house has stood by her because truth is editing will make the smallest things look much worse because you never get full context in a HL show.
  • Options
    Tracker321Tracker321 Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    I agree that Chris is getting different edits all of a sudden

They're making him look sly and a bit unpleasant

He's never struck me as anything else.
  • Options
    MarakaerMarakaer Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also edited out a lot of Mark's more outlandish relaying of the power alliance situation to Ash, Helen and Steven. At one point he was there saying he was despairing and crying his eyes out etc. They conveniently cut that out.
  • Options
    rhizo_maniarhizo_mania Posts: 4,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been so many coverups throughout the whole series making some look good and others bad, the sad thing is most who bother to vote only watch the HL show and don't know the half of it, talk about robbing the blind.....
  • Options
    Karen_AnnaninaKaren_Annanina Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracker321 wrote: »
    He's never struck me as anything else.
    Exactly,and he's had a huge influence on events in the house by being a secret PHM twice now. Did anyone else notice his conversation with Ashleigh where he was telling her she was talking too much and risking drawing suspicion? It shows how practised he is at being sly and deceptive. I haven't seen any endearing characteristics in him at all. When anyone asks him a challenging question he never gives a straight answer.

If he's such a great judge of character (along with Ashleigh), I'd have expected him to realize that Danielle was just getting revenge on Zoe and Pav and Matthew is still bitter about his eviction. He should have dismissed what those two said and advised Ashleigh to do the same.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    The YT cllips only get 3,000 , even if C5 get 10,000 its still a tiny % of the audience, Helen's Edits usually make her look not so bad same with mark now, but when it comes to the uncool their Edits always seem to make them look worse than they are.

One day they may stop the clips even and say they were an extra and that you don't need them.