Psychoville

TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
Forum Member
I loved LoG so can`t wait for this - BBC2 Thursday night after Mitchell & Webb.

Anyone else?

Comments

• paulgothpaulgoth Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm there Tabby. Looks very similar to LoG
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thursday Night Comedy is back! Looking forwrds to this.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    just heard a clip, sounds pretty good

Apparently it's "much darker" than LOG though:eek:;)
  • ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to be stupid but what is/was LOG?
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOG = Legaue of Gentlemen :)

I've never seen LOG myself, but am quite looking forward to this, hope it turns out to be great!
  • TabbyKitten95TabbyKitten95 Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    It`s great to see them collaborating again, even if it`s only half the gang. Looks like it`ll be good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved LoG when it aired, can't believe it's 10 years since the first series!!
    I've been waiting for this to come on for yonks and as soon as I emigrate the blinkin thing comes onto BBC2!
    Typical! :rolleyes:
    If anyone in the UK could Sky Plus it for me and transfer it to DVD I would be really really grateful...I would be willing to send blank dvd's and a self addressed envelope in return.
    Please PM me if anyone can help!
    Forum Member
    Bump.
  • Toby LatimerToby Latimer Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really working for me just yet .. it's like a bad episode of the League - without the skill of Mark Gatiss . The weird characters are almost the same yet they have took the script outside the confines of Royston Vasey [which used to add to the 'darkness' of the comedy] and added berks like Dawn French :mad:. Bring back the LOG !
  • daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I thought it was splendid - sinister clown, serial killer obsessive with overtones of incest, a telekinetic dwarf - what more could you ask for!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    very awesome! I loved league and I love this!
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it, funny creepy and ever so sneaky.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turned it off when the bloke with the mother was making those odd facial expressions when the mother was messing about with his trousers. I'm not into crude comedy and this was too crude for my liking
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched 20 minutes then realised it was one of those cleverly written comedies that don't provoke any laughter.

Not so much "dark humour" as "zero humour".
  • J_PeasmouldJ_Peasmould Posts: 715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Loved the show! I will certainly be tuning in again next week for more!!:D
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed it. It wasn't as funny as the League of Gents, but I suppose that's why it's billed as a "comedy drama".
    Forum Member
    Yep, I liked it! I too would`ve liked to see Gatiss involved, but it was still nice and dark, looking forward to seeing how it unfolds. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great. Loved the Sin City style of the show. And the online world adds so much more to it as a whole. They've really thought about this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    really enjoyed it - bit darker than the League but just as good if you ask me
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    daveyfs wrote: »
    Oh I thought it was splendid - sinister clown, serial killer obsessive with overtones of incest, a telekinetic dwarf - what more could you ask for!?
    An original character?

It was OK, all in all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Loved it. Very LOG. Breath of fresh air compared to most of the stuff on TV.

Kind of great stuff that really only the Beeb does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What disappoints me is that the series is only 7 episodes long. I know they've put a lot of effort into it, and its better than washing it down to spread it into a longer series, but look at the likes of Heroes series 1, which did manage to be as well-made over a longer period.

It could have been the perfect Summer series, every week for two or three months, the story building gradually and unexpectedly, and it would have been perfect, better than anything the US could produce.

Its a very small quibble, and other than that I have nothing but good things to say about it (or should that be nowt?).
  • Ghost WorldGhost World Posts: 7,036
    Forum Member
    What disappoints me is that the series is only 7 episodes long. I know they've put a lot of effort into it, and its better than washing it down to spread it into a longer series, but look at the likes of Heroes series 1, which did manage to be as well-made over a longer period.
    That's one of the problems with British drama, I think. 6/7 episode runs are not really long enough to develop characters and build a world around them.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, typical fine line between horror and comedy.

For those who saw the 2nd episode (by pressing the red button) there was a great lampooning of Ebay and Ebay addicts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It could have been the perfect Summer series, every week for two or three months, the story building gradually and unexpectedly, and it would have been perfect, better than anything the US could produce.

Its a very small quibble, and other than that I have nothing but good things to say about it (or should that be nowt?).

Well we don't really have the budget for that, not at the moment. Also, I think the shorter format works better, since you are unlikely to get 1 or 2 bad episodes against several good ones - instead, they're all of a very high standard.

I watched the first two and am very impressed so far. Laughed a lot, especially at Mr Jelly (Reece is great at expressing anger and frustration) and David as the butler.