Options

The Pope's Visit 2010

AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
An old man in a motorised box being presented with newborn babies. What the chuff.

:confused:

I hope he gets egged.

Comments

• Options
    Dunce-2007Dunce-2007 Posts: 6,452
    Forum Member
    Eggs hurt.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eggs benedict
  • Options
    RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D

The Eggs Factor
  • Options
    David McMahonDavid McMahon Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sick of it on BBC NEWS 24!!!

Should be on red button/ not at all!

I'm going to cancel my license fee... Ok I'm not but bloody hell too much for anything is unbearable!
  • Options
    NightSurferNightSurfer Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder, providing the pope gets egged, will he throw a punch like John Prescott did :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XTiI1e-wVc

I pisses myself laughing everytime I see this :D
  • Options
    acefee311acefee311 Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its LIVE on $ky News
    $ky News HD
    BBC News Channel
    BBC TWO
    BBC R5L
    BBC R Scotland ( i think but not sure )
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sort of confused about why it's getting so much coverage. It's the 21st Century, the UK isn't Catholic, or even particularly religious, so why is his visit being flashed all over the TV? Yes, the Pope is a reasonably important person, but then so are plenty of other people that have visited the country over the years, and I don't see them getting blanket coverage on news channels, or several hours of air time on BBC1 and 2. I don't see why the pope deserves it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    now now, I'm not catholic but lets live and let live. Do you happen to have just BBC News 24 on your telly?
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are you all posting this infantile stuff here? If you don't want to see the Pope's visit go and watch a DVD or something.

I speak as a non-Catholic who is really enjoying the coverage. It's 28 years since the last papal visit after all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    James2001 wrote: »
    I'm sort of confused about why it's getting so much coverage. It's the 21st Century, the UK isn't Catholic, or even particularly religious, so why is his visit being flashed all over the TV? Yes, the Pope is a reasonably important person, but then so are plenty of other people that have visited the country over the years, and I don't see them getting blanket coverage on news channels, or several hours of air time on BBC1 and 2. I don't see why the pope deserves it.

The coverage is so that we can see what all of the millions of ££££ tax revenue we can't spare has gone toward.
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    now now, I'm not catholic but lets live and let live. Do you happen to have just BBC News 24 on your telly?

Not if I want to watch the news... I want to know what's going off in the world, and all I get is Ratzinger prancing around in Edinburgh. Surely there's more interesting and newsworthy things taking place?
  • Options
    lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope it's 128 years before the next visit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has someone famous come to visit.? Funny how they haven't mentioned it at all on the news today.:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sylvia wrote: »
    Why are you all posting this infantile stuff here? If you don't want to see the Pope's visit go and watch a DVD or something.

I speak as a non-Catholic who is really enjoying the coverage. It's 28 years since the last papal visit after all.

Like, honestly? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised at the negativity here.The Pope is a head of state and the spiritual leader of one billion Catholics worldwide.

Papal visits to the UK are exceptionally rare.This is the first state visit by a Pope since the Reformation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the last Pope in the early 80s in London. He waved at me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Surprised at the negativity here.The Pope is a head of state and the spiritual leader of one billion Catholics worldwide.

Papal visits to the UK are exceptionally rare.This is the first state visit by a Pope since the Reformation.

He's hardly a head of state. He doesn't get democratically voted in by the inhabitants of the Vatican City. It's all cloak and daggar stuff.

There is a small minority of Catholics in this country and an even smaller number of the kind of devout Catholics the pope approves of. When you consider this, the child abuse scandal, and the fact that the visit of a bigoted old man to this country is being partially funded by our taxes you can hardly claim to be surprised by the negativity this event is attracting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will we be seeing Susan Boyle and Michelle McManus singing, or has that already happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will we be seeing Susan Boyle and Michelle McManus singing, or has that already happened?

Susie sang already in the afternoon. Maybe they might bring her back again but I doubt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    digami wrote: »
    He's hardly a head of state. He doesn't get democratically voted in by the inhabitants of the Vatican City.

Like it or lump it, he is a head of state - and I don't re,member the Queen being 'democratically eelected' either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparently Susan will perform again at around 7.15pm....stay tuned :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susie sang already in the afternoon. Maybe they might bring her back again but I doubt

Damn!:mad::cry:

Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn!:mad::cry:

Thanks anyway.

See my message above :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digami wrote: »
    He's hardly a head of state. He doesn't get democratically voted in by the inhabitants of the Vatican City. It's all cloak and daggar stuff.

There is a small minority of Catholics in this country and an even smaller number of the kind of devout Catholics the pope approves of. When you consider this, the child abuse scandal, and the fact that the visit of a bigoted old man to this country is being partially funded by our taxes you can hardly claim to be surprised by the negativity this event is attracting.

All of the above could equally be applied to your own head of state,Her Majesty the Queen.

There are more Catholics than you might think btw : around 4.2 million which is 8% of the UK population.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Apparently Susan will perform again at around 7.15pm....stay tuned :)

Yippee! Here she comes!:cool: