• madmoussemadmousse Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    guffybear wrote: »
    it was fresh when the plastic surgeon finished it allegedly

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Don't believe everything you read...especially when it comes from XF. Nicole was dropped from USXF and she wasn't the first choice this year for UKXF. She wasn't even their second choice...but they left it so late they just couldn't get anyone else. It's a great marketing ploy. Maybe if they can convince enough people that she is the favourite, they will forget how they blotched the job by not having someone else lined up, just in case Danni said 'no'.

Scherzinger wasn't dropped. It wasn't her fault that Geri was a self-centred disaster. They could have got someone else, just less beautiful and less famous. They don't have to convince people she's the favourite, she just is because of how pretty and committed Scherzinger is to the project.

Cowell knew Danni was might reject the offer, the book came out, so he was looking for other options. They wanted her more than people think. It's her first real guess stint and Scherzinger's a newcomer and she's getting paid more than Tulisa-the winning judge last year. The show knows Scherzinger's the best investment their going to get.
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    She is a perfect judge for the UK show. 11 top 10 UK singles, successful solo career with 3 consecutive top 3 UK singles and top 10 album, amazing versatile voice capable of opera, pop and more plus an incredible range spanning into the whistle register. Not to mention she's an amazing dancer and has the experience of being both a successful band member and a successful solo artist. I'm looking forward to seeing her back on the UK panel, plus she has stunning looks, she has so much to bring to the UK show so I'm interested to see how she does. :)

This. PCD and an amazing solo career. Scherzinger's also managed to be the hottest judge of every panel she's been on and the uk version will be no different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    completely mental
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    granted08 wrote: »
    This. PCD and an amazing solo career. Scherzinger's also managed to be the hottest judge of every panel she's been on and the uk version will be no different.

I agree about her UK music career. They are all indisputable facts and she has been a successful artist in this country, so I really do think she's relevant for the panel. Hopefully she gels with the other panelists better than she did on the US version, because that's also important to how any single judge comes across...by the looks of things the Louis thing is back on and she looks friendly with Tulisa so hopefully she's better this time....

She'll have new material out by the end of the year too, so maybe she'll continue her UK success...
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I agree about her UK music career. They are all indisputable facts and she has been a successful artist in this country, so I really do think she's relevant for the panel. Hopefully she gels with the other panelists better than she did on the US version, because that's also important to how any single judge comes across...by the looks of things the Louis thing is back on and she looks friendly with Tulisa so hopefully she's better this time....

She'll have new material out by the end of the year too, so maybe she'll continue her UK success...

I think she's definately relevant even if she just had PCD on her CV, Scherzinger was the reason why they went multi-platinum. I think the judges will treat her better. Gary really likes her by reports and Louis has been nothing but positive since he's met her and I can't see Tulisa having a problem with her.

I think she'll feel so much more at home on the uk version, which is weird because she lives in the us, but with Scherzinger's looks, body, talent, she's the whole package. The media are already printing stories about her non-stop so this will be great promotion for her as a solo artist.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are vile when they write nasty stuff like that
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ablahh wrote: »
    HAHA, exactly. After she was run out of the U.S. for being a horrible judge ---- after Simon publicly went on about how she had "daffy duck for brains" and regretting his executive decisions --- all of a sudden, she's the "favorite". Good luck convincing people of that. I'd like to think the British public are smarter than that.

Can you just imagine her brilliant commentary on the live shows? I can see Craig Colton fake crying his way through "Jar of Hearts" .. and then Scherzinger giving him a standing ovation and saying:
    "Craig, your beauty and your magic is shining through from the depths of your precious soul. I'm so happy I picked you in my category !!! That was just gorgeous. I'm sorry, I can't help the tears, they just keep flowing tonight!!! When I look at you, I see a star being born before our eyes. I truly believe with all my heart that you will be selling millions of records around the world and I'm so happy to witness the truth of your journey. You remind me of myself. After all I'm an artist too!!"

I'm sure the British public are just dying to hear such gems...

BIB: Unfortunately most arent, once they see they flashing lights, dramatic music and pretty dresses their brains turn to mush and everything is amazing, job done! Brains washed while Simon Cowell stands smugly in the corner counting his money.
    Forum Member
    geos wrote: »
    BIB: Unfortunately most arent, once they see they flashing lights, dramatic music and pretty dresses their brains turn to mush and everything is amazing, job done! Brains washed while Simon Cowell stands smugly in the corner counting his money.

The difference is Scherzinger can sing and dance.
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think she would be BETTER received if she hadnt had a short solo career here.

There'd be less expectation. And also we could "get to know the REAL Nicole" like we did with Cheryl and Tulisa.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a very short solo career in the US so short that record sompany refused to release her records

That did not help on z factor in America as she was so bad she was sacked
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    She had a very short solo career in the US so short that record sompany refused to release her records

That did not help on z factor in America as she was so bad she was sacked

LOL. didn't you hear about all her #1 records?? And her superstar talent? And how "adored" she was as a judge?
    Seriously, it's like there are two different realities being described in this thread....

And as Simon once said:
    "This was like something out of Star Wars... Literally, I couldn't understand a word... but most amazingly - this lot were singing along with you! I don't get that. Which means either this lot or me are mad. and I can tell you, I'm not the mad one here."
    Forum Member
    I actually think she would be BETTER received if she hadnt had a short solo career here.

There'd be less expectation. And also we could "get to know the REAL Nicole" like we did with Tulisa.

Agreed but she got a number one in the uk, so she's known as the "number one solo" artist and no other member of PCD has done that. Her solo career in the uk had been better than other countries. I think it's better that she had her solo career in the uk, because Scherzinger's been successful and it hasn't ended, Scherzinger took a break from her career to do X factor us.
  • CpCCpC Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Must have been her career in the U.K. because the U.S. don't care much for the attention seeker.
    Forum Member
    CpC wrote: »
    Must have been her career in the U.K. because the U.S. don't care much for the attention seeker.

Her management pushed the album back, so America doesn't know how Scherzinger presents herself as an artist or as person. Scherzinger hasn't been attention seeking, she was in a chart-topping band and was asked to join a huge TV show. She gets a lot of popular endorsement deals because of her fame and looks.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    She was disasterous in 2010 when I went to see her in Manchester and she was in her role as a guest judge - she truly was saved by the edit, I saw her in Newcastle this year on her first day as a permanent judge and she was much improved. Two problems I noticed though: 1) She was very easily swayed by the crowd, 2) She doesn't understand the British audience. She was much better in Newcastle than she was on the live shows of the US version, but then I guess there is less pressure.
  • Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching the UK and US X Factors. I can tell you Kelly is a better judge than Nicole!!
    They are both really good singers. Nicole failed on US XF, why should the UK be given failures

Also Nicole stole Cheryls job. Source: Tom Bower's book 'simon Cowell: sweet revenge'. Scherzinger, when she saw Cheryl wad failing, asked for the job before Cheryl was even fired it given a chance.. she was lined up as a host alongside Steve Jones.. how greedy she became...
    Forum Member
    After watching the UK and US X Factors. I can tell you Kelly is a better judge than Nicole!!
    They are both really good singers. Nicole failed on US XF, why should the UK be given failures

Also Nicole stole Cheryls job. Source: Tom Bower's book 'simon Cowell: sweet revenge'. Scherzinger, when she saw Cheryl wad failing, asked for the job before Cheryl was even fired it given a chance.. she was lined up as a host alongside Steve Jones.. how greedy she became...

Kelly was ok, but Scherzinger got Josh two the final two, plus Scherzinger was a thousand percent more invested in her acts than Kelly was imo.

Scherzinger didn't fail on X factor, [35 million sales is not a failure] She impressed Cowell so much that he brought her to the uk version. Bower's paragraph is pretty much fiction, made up to increase sales. Scherzinger was too focused on her presenting duties and she didn't "ask" for anyone's job.

Scherzinger from reports has always been a pleasure to work with, that's why Cowell hangs onto her every word and gives her job offers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kelly was ok, but Scherzinger got Josh two the final two, plus Scherzinger was a thousand percent more invested in her acts than Kelly was imo.

Scherzinger didn't fail on X factor, [35 million sales is not a failure] She impressed Cowell so much that he brought her to the uk version. Bower's paragraph is pretty much fiction, made up to increase sales. Scherzinger was too focused on her presenting duties and she didn't "ask" for anyone's job.

Scherzinger from reports has always been a pleasure to work with, that's why Cowell hangs onto her every word and gives her job offers.

'35 million sells is not a failure' - not as an artist she's a great artist. She failed to bring good ratings on XF US. Which is why she got axed.
    'Cowell hangs onto her every word and gives her job offers'
    To be honest, we can't say scherzinger was top of the list to get the job. She did cause no one could.. if XF UK had it their own way, they would have had Danni back., if not Danni, then Abastacia. They were both offered
    Forum Member
    '35 million sells is not a failure' - not as an artist she's a great artist. She failed to bring good ratings on XF US. Which is why she got axed.
    'Cowell hangs onto her every word and gives her job offers'
    To be honest, we can't say scherzinger was top of the list to get the job. She did cause no one could.. if XF UK had it their own way, they would have had Danni back., if not Danni, then Abastacia. They were both offered

But it wasn't her job to bring ratings in. She was brought in to Judge and mentor-which she did. Scherzinger wasn't axed, she left "to focus on music"

Scherzinger could have been at the top of the list, no-one knows. Other people were offered the job and rejected by the show in some cases.

They weren't exactly throwing money at Danni or Anastacia. The only reason they really wanted Danni was for the "book backlash" and headlines. They're not that bothered as long as the person has the X factor and talent both of which Scherzinger has.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it wasn't her job to bring ratings in. She was brought in to Judge and mentor-which she did. Scherzinger wasn't axed, she left "to focus on music"

Scherzinger could have been at the top of the list, no-one knows. Other people were offered the job and rejected by the show in some cases.

They weren't exactly throwing money at Danni or Anastacia. The only reason they really wanted Danni was for the "book backlash" and headlines. They're not that bothered as long as the person has the X factor and talent both of which Scherzinger has.

She was definitely axed!! Her Paula and Steve, none of them quit.. they wanted the job again, but got AXED! And she had nothing else to say other than 'focus on my music'. If she really meant it, why is she on XFUK then.. not so focusing on the music
    Forum Member
    She was definitely axed!! Her Paula and Steve, none of them quit.. they wanted the job again, but got AXED! And she had nothing else to say other than 'focus on my music'. If she really meant it, why is she on XFUK then.. not so focusing on the music

Scherzinger said she left for music, no-one knows if she's lying but I doubt she is. UK xf is a music TV show so it is to do with music. It's not like she quit and became a builder. Scherzinger loves being a mentor/judge and helping people.