How to dispose of Electronic Cigarette cartomisers?

MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,428
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know how you are supposed to dispose of electronic cigarette cartomisers (the bit that screws onto the battery of rechargeable e-cigarettes).

The packs they come in have a symbol of a crossed out bin meaning they cannot be disposed of through general waste.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine don't. They have a recyclable triangle on them though.
  • hammerfanhammerfan Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where did you buy them from? All the vendors I use are really helpful - maybe they can help. I don't use cartomisers so can't help I'm afraid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine are just low resistance Boges.

Just ahead a quick look on the net and the bin symbol is for electrical items (WEEE). Cartos aren't electrical afaik. It's a coil which heats up when attached to a battery and some wadding.
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    Throw them over the back fence
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pavster wrote: »
    Mine are just low resistance Boges.

Just ahead a quick look on the net and the bin symbol is for electrical items (WEEE). Cartos aren't electrical afaik. It's a coil which heats up when attached to a battery and some wadding.

On the Nicolites cartomiser packet there is clearly a symbol with the bin and the x through it. Further reserach may suggest that these may be recycalble through battery recycling bins found in many stores, however this is not confirmed.
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throw them over the back fence

:D This made me giggle
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also make decent bullets, with the right firearm they could take a head clean off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    It's a difficult one.
    I wash out mine out first then wrap them up and dispose of them carefully in the rubbish bin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just put them in to the bin
  • the_riddlerthe_riddler Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I use clearomizers then u don't have cartomizers to throw away ;)