Fifteen to One starts again next Saturday

Comments

• secessionmansecessionman Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Why didn't they show the play-off and cut out some of the waffle?

I was quite looking forward to watching that, might have been a bit more exciting than the main event.

Opportunity missed.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Watching for first time and last, even if it gets renewed.

What happened too question or nominate?

Explaining the answers, giving an extra fact or repeating the question once a correct answer is infuriating.

They've taken away the tactical nature and pace of the show
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They had question or nominate when they got down to the final three players of the heats. I don't know why the Grand Final is different. Maybe the final's always been like that,I can't remember.

Edit: according to wikipedia the Grand Final was changed after the third series and they made all the questions on the buzzer. Apparently this is to stop a player from taking question after question themselves and never nominating an opponent. Obviously when you get down to the last three of the Grand Final it's likely to be top quizzers who are capable of rattling off nine or ten answers in a row without getting any wrong.
  • SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well,if the popularity of this thread's any guide to the popularity of the programme,it's not coming back. So bye bye everybody. Hopefully The Chase will be back soon.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I watched the first episode and said i'd watch the final so will look for it On Demand.

If it gets another series i'll probably do the same unless they change things up a little.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was pretty intense! Congrats to Dave on his win :)
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I've got a bit bored with it now.Too many ad breaks (the first comes about eight mins),and it just doesn't hold my interest like the original series.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dsimiller wrote: »
    I'm afraid I've got a bit bored with it now.Too many ad breaks (the first comes about eight mins),and it just doesn't hold my interest like the original series.

If you watch a channel which carries ads (not that often in my case, I have to admit), then you need to record it and watch later, or at least time-delayed so you can skip them.

I think before planning a new series, the production team will be taking all the comments on board (rest assured they will be monitoring threads like this), and will tighten it up. They could easily lose 15 minutes and the viewing figures would improve, I am sure.
  • CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck with that.
    Watched the first 20 mins of the first show and bailed out.
    By the sound of this thread it seems I got it right.

Format is cr*p and I've never liked Sandi whatshername.

Way to live up to your name.
  • DSmanDSman Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would prefer a 30mins 10to1 or get 15to1 down to 30mins if possible.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DSman wrote: »
    I would prefer a 30mins 10to1 or get 15to1 down to 30mins if possible.

Unfortunately those days are long gone. Hopefully this show will now fade away and not return.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can get over the attention-span-itis, there is quite a bit of interesting meat in the programme for those who like quizzes.
  • toofasttoofast Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The host of celeb 15 is so much better than that Sandy! They should get him to host the regular show.

Ulrika - she looks very different.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    toofast wrote: »
    The host of celeb 15 is so much better than that Sandy! They should get him to host the regular show.

Ulrika - she looks very different.

She looks awful skeletal tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised in the Daily Mail picks up on itm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks awful skeletal tbh.

I wouldn't be surprised in the Daily Mail picks up on itm

I used to have the hots for her. Not now.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave was amazing in the final round! 162 points and ALL THREE lives intact! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get rid of sandy and employ this guy c4. It was enjoyable to watch!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    A decent final.
    Great that Dave finished with all 3 lives.

Also good to see Stainer go out by getting 3 questions wrong :p

I was surprised to see only two women in the final.
    Any stats on how many of the contestants in the heats were male / female?
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I was surprised to see only two women in the final.
    Any stats on how many of the contestants in the heats were male / female?

Unfortunately quizzing is still seen as a male-dominated pursuit, so not as many women give it a shot. I think getting 2 in the final is quite standard.
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    If you can get over the attention-span-itis, there is quite a bit of interesting meat in the programme for those who like quizzes.

Nah, seems like people would rather discuss the same issues that have been spoken about by 100 people already in this thread :p
  • stewartuustewartuu Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    Remedy have put out contestant calls on twitter, so it looks like this is coming back for another series.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Apparently the next series will have forty episodes, so the emphasis will be more on getting a high score the way it was in the old days.

I wonder if they'll bring back the remaining contestants from Series 1 who didn't get all three goes?
  • angryquizfanangryquizfan Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Apparently the next series will have forty episodes, so the emphasis will be more on getting a high score the way it was in the old days.

I wonder if they'll bring back the remaining contestants from Series 1 who didn't get all three goes?

Someone I know didn't get his 3 attempts and wasn't allowed back. Winners of episodes were told they couldn't return either.

As a viewer one of the best bits about the original was the returning contestants. I think it's a very poor decision not to allow them back. I went from finding Michael Penrice very annoying to cheering him on latterly for instance.
    Forum Member
    Someone I know didn't get his 3 attempts and wasn't allowed back. Winners of episodes were told they couldn't return either.

As a viewer one of the best bits about the original was the returning contestants. I think it's a very poor decision not to allow them back. I went from finding Michael Penrice very annoying to cheering him on latterly for instance.

The 'not allowing winners back' thing is similar to how they do it on Pointless. Everyone gets two attempts, unless they get to the final on their first attempt, in which case that's it.

I don't think it's fair not to allow the people who were unlucky enough to be in the last few episodes of Series 1 not to take their remaining chances in the early episodes of Series 2.
    Forum Member
    I kind of feel like re-watching this year's series... does anyone know of anywhere where I can? Any file-sharing websites or anything? If there isn't anywhere it's cool, I just felt like it...
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,640
    Forum Member
    I kind of feel like re-watching this year's series... does anyone know of anywhere where I can? Any file-sharing websites or anything? If there isn't anywhere it's cool, I just felt like it...

Seems to still be on 4OD by the looks of it.