Options

New UKIP poster campaign

deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.ukip.org/ukip_has_just_launched_its_biggest_ever_advertising_campaign
UKIP wrote:

UKIP has just launched its biggest ever advertising campaign as the European parliamentary elections battle gets underway in earnest

UKIP has launched a massive national billboard poster campaign in advance of the European parliamentary elections on May 22.

The campaign has been funded by Yorkshire businessman Paul Sykes and involves a series of hard-hitting messages about the loss of control of key political decisions to the European Union and the impact it is having on ordinary families.

The posters – to be reinforced by digital and newspaper advertising – focus on the wage compression and reduction in employment opportunities suffered by British workers in the wake of open-door EU immigration, the proportion of British laws now being made in Brussels and the cost of the EU.

Looks like the EU election campaign has moved up a gear, the posters are obviously going to be tough and to the point.

Comments

• Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice of the BNP to lend UKIP their posters in time for the European elections.

Particularly this one https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/458216421529767936
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKIP just better hope none of those workers they're trying to win over give too much of a shit about their employment rights.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »

For a minute I thought you meant they had literally copied a BNP poster. I know the definition of racism seems to change every five minutes to accommodate the latest PC fad, but I am really struggling to find the racist element in this poster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For a minute I thought you meant they had literally copied a BNP poster. I know the definition of racism seems to change every five minutes to accommodate the latest PC fad, but I am really struggling to find the racist element in this poster.

I didn't say it was racist.

But I see no difference between that UKIP poster and this BNP one http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/17/article-0-04FAF92D000005DC-125_468x286.jpg

The message of 'foreigners want to steal your job' is identical to that of the racist BNP. UKIP are now blatantly courting the BNP/EDL far right vote.
  • Options
    jjnejjne Posts: 6,580
    Forum Member
    So 26 million people are after British jobs?

Well yes, if you accept that that figure includes the 2.2 million who hold British passports.

What are UKIP saying here? That 2.2 million UK citizens are a threat to the rest of us?
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The UKIP colour scheme is awful. It resembles Cadbury's chocolate wrappings.

The image doesn't work for me either. The man sitting in his hard hat and vest looks lazy begging for extra cash. It doesn't give me the impression he's hard done-by.
  • Options
    DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say it was racist.

But I see no difference between that UKIP poster and this BNP one http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/05/17/article-0-04FAF92D000005DC-125_468x286.jpg

The message of 'foreigners want to steal your job' is identical to that of the racist BNP. UKIP are now blatantly courting the BNP/EDL far right vote.

Wasn't Gordon Brown the inventor of the phrase "British jobs for British workers" ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's such a rubbish poster. How can anyone take it seriously. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Gordon Brown the inventor of the phrase "British jobs for British workers" ?

No, that phrase was widely used by the National Front and the BNP before Brown used it in 2007.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member

It's true that's why.

Expect more of

Why can't your kid get a place at the local school you want
    Why do you have to wait ages to see your GP or get an operation
    Why can't you, your kids or grandkids afford a home or get a council house
    Why are 20 per cent of young people and more than half young British black men on the dole and
    Do Miliband Clegg and Cameron even notice living in their multi million pound homes in the poshest areas of Central London.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, that phrase was widely used by the National Front and the BNP before Brown used it.

Ah so you are saying Gordon Brown purloined their phrase.

Fair enough, not that it shows him in a very good light.

so its OK for a Labour politician to purloin NF and BNP phraseology but not for UKIP to do it. No wonder politics is a turn off for so many with its duplicity and hypocrisy .......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah so you are saying Gordon Brown purloined their phrase.

Fair enough, not that it shows him in a very good light.

so its OK for a Labour politician to purloin NF and BNP phraseology but not for UKIP to do it. No wonder politics is a turn off for so many with its duplicity and hypocrisy .......

Did I say it was ok for Labour to use a BNP/NF slogan? Did I say I was a Labour supporter? No.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I say it was ok for Labour to use a BNP/NF slogan? Did I say I was a Labour supporter? No.

No but you didn't condemn it did you, like you did with UKIP, leaving yourself open to accusations of hypocrisy don't you think ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but you didn't condemn it did you, like you did with UKIP, leaving yourself open to accusations of hypocrisy don't you think ?

I do condemn it. I think it was disgraceful of Labour to use a well-known BNP slogan. Just as it disgraceful for UKIP to attempt to court the far-right by hijacking their 'foreigners want to steal your job' message.
  • Options
    TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

God, that's horrendous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do condemn it. I think it was disgraceful of Labour to use a well-known BNP slogan. Just as it disgraceful for UKIP to attempt to court the far-right by hijacking their 'foreigners want to steal your job' message.

Former Labour voters vote for UKIP too you know, but then that is hardly a surprise I would suggest if Gordon Brown was purloining BNP phraseology .................
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    https://www.facebook.com/UKIPBillboards

"Guess whose children EU migrants want to eat"
    "Romanian men have bigger penises than you and they can make your wife laugh like she used to"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.facebook.com/UKIPBillboards

"Guess whose children EU migrants want to eat"
    "Romanian men have bigger penises than you and they can make your wife laugh like she used to"

You do realise they are spoof posters put up by opponents of UKIP don't you ?
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    I wondered when the lefties would start defacing the posters. Predictable. *yawn*
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    UKIP just better hope none of those workers they're trying to win over give too much of a shit about their employment rights.

Oddly enough, workers felt much more re-assured about their jobs and job prospects before we joined what is now the EU and before asshole politicians got such prominence.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Millions of people took note of it when Kitchener did a similar thinga 100 years ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Millions of people took note of it when Kitchener did a similar thinga 100 years ago.

The Kitchener poster was miles better graphic-ly than this UKIP one.

UKIP spent £!.5 million on theirs. They should have saved their money, or given it away. It's that bad imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »

British wartime propaganda was widely mocked by the public, they really didn't take it seriously at all. Particularly during WW2.

And the image of Kitchener you refer to was never actually used during WW1 to recruit soldiers. It's a complete myth. The image was only ever in circulation after the conflict ended.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.sky.com/story/1246507/farage-defends-racist-ukip-poster-campaign
    SkyNews wrote:

Farage Defends 'Racist' UKIP Poster Campaign

Posters targeting UK immigration - costing £1.5m - are being unveiled ahead of European Parliament elections.

Labour MP Mike Gapes said they were "racist" and called for people to register to vote in the elections on May 22.

Who on earth is Labour MP Mike Gapes , I have never heard of him.

Love the poster with the Union Jack on fire, revealing a EU flag behind it.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup effective poster. Labour MPs just seem to protest everything these days.