Options

Never has a newspaper summed up this years BB so accurately

David166David166 Posts: 854
Forum Member
✭✭
This in todays Metro newspapers' TV choices...

"Has a programme ever shown such scant respect for its fan base than the current run of Big Brother, which we sincerely hope is the last?
We're picking it as our Must See in the hope that the fans on live eviction duly chant "producers out" in protest at the blatant fixing that has turned the show into a farce and even made presenter Emma Willis look shamefaced.
It should be smarmy Steven to go but don't rule out last minute shenanigans aimed at keeping him in."

I read it and thought - spot on!

Comments

• Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Ha ha :D Spot on about the fixing. However it's not just this week they've been doing it to get the selection of housemates they want in or out.

That chant would be amazing......."Get the producers out" :D
  • Options
    Wildrover06Wildrover06 Posts: 4,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David166 wrote: »

"Has a programme ever shown such scant respect for its fan base than the current run of Big Brother, which we sincerely hope is the last?
    We're picking it as our Must See in the hope that the fans on live eviction duly chant "producers out" in protest at the blatant fixing that has turned the show into a farce and even made presenter Emma Willis look shamefaced.
    It should be smarmy Steven to go but don't rule out last minute shenanigans aimed at keeping him in."

Absolutely, it's probably a bit late but this is what needs to happen imo.
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WOW!! Good on The Metro for calling it like it is--shame Parliament's broken up or we could demand answers from Cameron!! BTW, just was on BB website and had a Questionnaire on What You Thought of Armegeddon Week: I was SCATHING. Very SATISFYING!!
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Ha ha :D Spot on about the fixing. However it's not just this week they've been doing it to get the selection of housemates they want in or out.

That chant would be amazing......."Get the producers out" :D

Loving that on so many levels... and should that happen poor old Steven will not even get a chance to mention that tonight is "all about him ... ":D

I think we should change the chant to "Get Producers Out". Facebook was originally named "the Facebook" but went from strength to strength when they dropped out the word "the", Get Producers out rolls off the tongue better too;-) I'm already practising, I will be at home but I chant every week from the settee ..:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    WOW!! Good on The Metro for calling it like it is--shame Parliament's broken up or we could demand answers from Cameron!! BTW, just was on BB website and had a Questionnaire on What You Thought of Armegeddon Week: I was SCATHING. Very SATISFYING!!

Was there a 'load of shit' option? :p
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Hear,hear, it is spot on, BB must think we are all simpletons !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    Loving that on so many levels... and should that happen poor old Steven will not even get a chance to mention that tonight is "all about him ... ":D

I think we should change the chant to "Get Producers Out". Facebook was originally named "the Facebook" but went from strength to strength when they dropped out the word "the", Get Producers out rolls off the tongue better too;-) I'm already practising, I will be at home but I chant every week from the settee ..:blush:

Yes you're right. Drop the 'the' :D Producers out definitely rolls off the tongue so much better :D
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member

Oh yes venting is way better than sex! :D
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes venting is way better than sex! :D
    Haha :D There was a time when Live Feed was too :p:blush: (a long time ago!)
  • Options
    SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a brief as it was, that was a delight to read and so very, very apt.
  • Options
    qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think a far more effective way to get a point across would be to urge everybody planning to attend the live eviction to just, not go.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice. :D
  • Options
    Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said metro,they seem to be showing more concern for us than the helen/ash/steven/winston arse licking producers.
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    OMG so true, anyone can see if. The producers should be ashamed

I would never do Big Brother, the producers do an X Factor job and decide who stays and who goes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I even think "Get BB OUT!" would be a better chant since it focuses our disgust better!
  • Options
    pinklady6pinklady6 Posts: 250
    Forum Member

Spot on..:kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty::kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Was there a 'load of shit' option? :p

There was in that you're given a space to type your opinions/criticisms in!! :cool:
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Round of applause for that journalist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There was in that you're given a space to type your opinions/criticisms in!! :cool:

:o:o I would hate to be the poor sod who has to read them :D
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Glad to see the sentiment is being echoed in other places. Proves that it's not just fans kicking up a stink.
    This series has been handled so badly that it's practically laughable, I'm surprised they had the nerve.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    well kim is on bots tonight i think they would love a kim/steven reunion.
    i think he will still go , who will pick up & vote to evict pav or zoe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'producers out' , might travel to join in on that call
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes but she doesn't handle it very well. When asked about it last night by glasses man ( Paul on BOTS ) she done her usual " I don't get told anything " with her squealy giggle>:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :blush: I've enjoyed this BB more than loads of others precisely because they've mucked it up so much. I've only watched one series of US BB but isn't that left to HM to evict? I cant remember.

It makes no difference to me that they've taken out the public input. I cant understand anyone paying exorbitant phone call charges. I think the only time I've ever voted was the first Pop Idol and Fame Academy. (I was a lot naiver about Reality TV then)

If you don't like the way it's going then don't watch and certainly don't waste your money on voting. It's probably totally rigged. Winning BB (yes you get £100k) isn't a set up for life and nor do most come out of it with their dignity intact. Long term careers on the back of it are not going to happen so why would making a prat of yourself be worth doing?

I have no idea, but after 5 years of not watching, I'm enjoying this lot immensely.
  • Options
    hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

bb has been hard going this year true but with all the carnage that has happened in the world over the last 2 weeks you would think they would have something important to write about