According to the Mirror Laura was way ahead ...

2»

Comments

• TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she was "way ahead" of Ruth, she wouldn't have been in the bottom two.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    MarkLS12 wrote: »
    The tactic being vote off the worst singer.

It's working so far! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like several other people, I read that Ruth was ahead of Laura and now I'm reading Laura was ahead of Ruth. :confused:

It doesn't matter if Laura had more votes then Ruth. They were both in the bottom two and the judges voted off Laura.
  • pgw71pgw71 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Laura really was 'way ahead' - which is unproven - then it is almost inevitable that Ruth will be in the bottom two again this week.

She's been in the bottom two twice, and obviously does not have a huge fanbase (hardly surprising being from Spain)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    they need to stop people voting 30 to 40 times until then its a sham anyway
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Laura made two mistakes

The piano arrangement it didnt show her off to her best

The sing off choice ruth flattened her on that one with her power and passion
  • HelenThereseHelenTherese Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    mulder_uk wrote: »
    It doesn;t really make sense to me for them to purposely vote out one of the most favoured of the public, surely they know people will turn off and stop voting so they lose money?

Yup. Am still waiting for a conspiracy theorist to explain to me why they would engineer it for a popular contestant to go rather than having them potentially win and sell more records.

Why would you engineer 3 less popular artists for the final? If laura is that much better and would have gone onto win then I would have kept her in for record sales if I were a judge.

The fact that they didn't IMO shows that she obviously doesn't have that much support from the GBP. So this will make no difference to the final result. Whether she went now or in a couple of weeks she wasn't going to win.
  • HelenThereseHelenTherese Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    pgw71 wrote: »
    If Laura really was 'way ahead' - which is unproven - then it is almost inevitable that Ruth will be in the bottom two again this week.

She's been in the bottom two twice, and obviously does not have a huge fanbase (hardly surprising being from Spain)

Even if Laura was last then Ruth would be bottom this week. If Ruth is in the bottom two this week then it proves nothing about last week's result.
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pgw71 wrote: »

Not really. Running order is one of the most important things in this show.

You're far more likely to be in the bottom 2 if you sing early.

Out of the 10 acts who have been in the bottom 2 this series...9 of them were people who sang early in the show. It really is very damaging.

Ruth should be on last or second to last this week (unless they decide to screw her over). So in theory should be far more likely to stay.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh c'mon - there would've been a hoohaa if Ruth had left too, her performance was phenomenal.

The sticking point is not that Laura left per se, but that Daniel (and Rachel) is still in the competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH THE MIRROR!!!

Yeah, didnt they doctor photos of iraqi detainees being tortured?

This whole uproar is ridiculous. It didnt go to deadlock Because Ruth blew Laura away. Fact of the matter is, is that Kim-nice-but-dim (Laura) is gone. Deal with it.