I've spent the past 48 hours watching Gladiators videos on Youtube

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What's wrong with me? This morning I had the opening theme on repeat for about an hour, and I was singing it when lifting weights at the gym. It's just so catchy...'Are you a GLADIATOR?? duh da duh, duh da duh..'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVMLAlb8Ek

Let us all rejoice in Gladiator nostalgia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oZXlEk6wc

I just love everything about it, even though it hadn't even entered my for about 10 years prior to this Friday. My favourite male gladiator was Wolf. 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf!' Brilliant. But the best of all is, of course, Jet. Phwoar. She's just amazing. What a woman.

Who was your favourite gladiator?

Comments

• InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Jet fan. Had a huge poster of her on my bedroom wall.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would have absolutely ruined that poster, if it was on my wall. If you know what I mean...
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with you. You're making good use of your online service. I'm currently limited to 10GB/month, and hardly use Youtube, because it rapidly uses up my allowance. This will change when I switch to unlimited next month, and I'll have a Youtube bonanza.

As for Gladiators, I thought it was okay, but I didn't it watch it that much back in the day. I remember that Wolf bloke from the poster for the '80s computer game 'Barbarian', where he was alongside the very curvaceous Maria Whittaker.
  • JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow was my favorite, then he got found out for using performance enhancing drugs or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXozIL6fj08

i mean just look at his eyes :D
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freeman000 wrote: »
    I would have absolutely ruined that poster, if it was on my wall. If you know what I mean...

You would of "unloaded" you're "gun" all over it?
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what I call a dull 48 hours......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    You would of "unloaded" you're "gun" all over it?

All over every inch.
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    Shadow was my favorite, then he got found out for using performance enhancing drugs or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXozIL6fj08

i mean just look at his eyes :D

This is one of my favourite Gladiator moments. It's just so cheesy and staged...Wolf and Vulcan spontaneously having a duel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYKEmxY7_c
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    That's what I call a dull 48 hours......

You're just jelly because you can't 'feel the power of the Gladiators' 'duh da duh'..
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with me?

Can't say, I would get banned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »

Or more likely you haven't the yarbles to say it because you're scared of my gladiator skills, which I have honed over the past 48 hours by running and jumping around my house.
  • Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    But the best of all is, of course, Jet. Phwoar. She's just amazing. What a woman.
    My mate is married to her sister.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carlos_dfc wrote: »
    My mate is married to her sister.

Really? Do you know if Jet is single?
  • Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    Really? Do you know if Jet is single?
    Couldn't say for sure - I know she did get divorced, but i wouldn't like to speculate otherwise.
    I've never met her myself - and with her working somewhere in the South, and doing regular TV work - my mate and his wife apparantly don't see a great deal of her these days.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    Shadow was my favourite Gladiator. I used to love the way he would beat contenders to a pulp in Duel, probably while roided out of his mind. But I didn't care. I only cared about the beatings. I always supported the Gladiators rather than the contenders. I can't support someone like "Sue, a systems analyst from Newport", if she's going up against a goddess like Jet. Plus, she was the Games Mistress on "Gamesworld", a show close to Big Boy Barry's heart.
  • Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caldari wrote: »

Has the 14 year old discovered gladiators? How sweet.Better than scribbling all over yourself though.
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jet was obviously the best and sexiest. But as a kid I always went mental whenever Wolf came on screen.

And Jet is a regular guest on Big Brothers Bit On The Side nowadays, as a psychologist or something-or-other? She's changed a bit but still has massive sex appeal.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    Carlos_dfc wrote: »

That's gay:cool:
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to love watching American Gladiators on a Friday Night on ITV in the early 90s. That and Married With Children on a Friday was entertaining enough for me on a Friday.
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use to love watching American Gladiators on a Friday Night on ITV in the early 90s. That and Married With Children on a Friday was entertaining enough for me on a Friday.

Now you've got me wondering who's sexier - Jet or Christina Applegate? :D
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with me? This morning I had the opening theme on repeat for about an hour, and I was singing it when lifting weights at the gym. It's just so catchy...'Are you a GLADIATOR?? duh da duh, duh da duh..'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrVMLAlb8Ek

Let us all rejoice in Gladiator nostalgia - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_oZXlEk6wc

I just love everything about it, even though it hadn't even entered my for about 10 years prior to this Friday. My favourite male gladiator was Wolf. 'Who's afraid of the big bad wolf!' Brilliant. But the best of all is, of course, Jet. Phwoar. She's just amazing. What a woman.

Who was your favourite gladiator?

I found old episodes of the bill before it went crap on you tube , brilloggs to say the least.:D
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why doesn't ITV consider bringing this back? This was a massive hit and the success of Splash proves there's an audience for a light hearted sporting show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Why doesn't ITV consider bringing this back? This was a massive hit and the success of Splash proves there's an audience for a light hearted sporting show.

Well, as you probably know, it did come back via Sky One recently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BrumBall wrote: »
    Now you've got me wondering who's sexier - Jet or Christina Applegate? :D

Well at least you didn't say Al Bundy :D
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, as you probably know, it did come back via Sky One recently.
    Can't afford Sky and ITV would be best placed to bring it back.