BF3 Rank

TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
Forum Member
What rank are you on BF3?

I have ranked up to a 50 colonel, playing rush exclusively. Only took 2 million hours. :)

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, mate. BF3 is pretty rank.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I think I'm commander 5 or 6 but lost a bit of interest as it was taking far to long to go up ranks
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm colonel 34 I think after playing a few hundred hours of both conquest and rush.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COLONEL SERVICE STAR 43 (rank 88), from 500 hours of conquest mode.

I havnt played BF3 for 3 months. Prefer playing Planetside 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this actually any good this year? Enjoyed Battlefield Bad Company 2 and loved the destructible environments, is that back?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good game at times, i say this because i did quite like it for about a fortnight.

But most of the time i found myself stuck in 30 minute matches, and unless i was on Noshar Canals, there were times i searched for almost 10 mins before i found someone to shoot. BF3 fans will say that's a rare thing, and that i'm not playing the game correctly. But that's the usual excuse. It's a game where you search for the majority of your time. The camping is pretty bad too.

There are destructible environments, but it's pretty weak sauce.

It might be for you though. Maybe you should check it out. Millions (?) of fans will disagree wholeheartedly with my comments. :)
  • TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    It's a game where you search for the majority of your time.

Not if you play rush. People running about looking for people to shoot are playing it wrong. I'd rather win the game than get mvp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always found the team play to be more rewarding in BF rather than COD.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good game at times, i say this because i did quite like it for about a fortnight.

But most of the time i found myself stuck in 30 minute matches, and unless i was on Noshar Canals, there were times i searched for almost 10 mins before i found someone to shoot. BF3 fans will say that's a rare thing, and that i'm not playing the game correctly. But that's the usual excuse. It's a game where you search for the majority of your time. The camping is pretty bad too.

There are destructible environments, but it's pretty weak sauce.

It might be for you though. Maybe you should check it out. Millions (?) of fans will disagree wholeheartedly with my comments. :)

Perhaps because you really are playing it wrong. If you want lots of kills and action, go onto a smaller map, or a more action gametype (like deathmatch)

I got 400 kills in 30 mins on Metro once, and it wasnt very hard to do so. Nos is also good for the same thing.

I dont know why people stick to 12 man games on huge maps and complain about the lack of action. The game is pretty awesome, and it caters to many modes.

Unless of course if you were on one of the consoles, in which case, shame.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tal'shiar wrote: »
    Perhaps because you really are playing it wrong. If you want lots of kills and action, go onto a smaller map, or a more action gametype (like deathmatch)

I got 400 kills in 30 mins on Metro once, and it wasnt very hard to do so. Nos is also good for the same thing.

I dont know why people stick to 12 man games on huge maps and complain about the lack of action. The game is pretty awesome, and it caters to many modes.

Unless of course if you were on one of the consoles, in which case, shame.

I did go on small maps on TDM. Why do people assume you don't try out ALL the bloody modes/maps? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did go on small maps on TDM. Why do people assume you don't try out ALL the bloody modes/maps? :rolleyes:

What system did you play on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tis PS3. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tis PS3. :)

Than thats your problem. Consoles are pretty weak in the numbers area, as I recall ps3 and 360 only get 24 players, whilst pc gets 64. Consoles are so poo haha.

But seriously, it was made as a PC game, and the console part was tacked on, hence the poor graphics, awful frame rate, less than half the player count. THey should have left it PC only really, kept warfighter as the CoD alternative.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive watched my nephew play BF3 on the PS3, i thought it seemed kind of boring. 64 player metro is quite hectic usually.

Ive also seen him play Planetside 2, he kind of plays BF3 the same, i already showed him how to play. He loads in at the warpgate then runs out of the warpgate looking for a fight... really made me think about some people of how they play. CoD really has made the FPS player base get used to ultra easy mode with these games.
  • Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    colonel 34. with 300 odd hrs
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS, the PC gamers shooting down console players again in a thread with an unrelated topic. :mad:

I've played just under 400 hours on PS3, ranked colonel 32 and whilst I'm sure there's so much more going on on PC I'm happy with the poor tacked on version. The only issues I ever seem to have are the players you play with being numpties (which happens on every online game)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »
    FFS, the PC gamers shooting down console players again in a thread with an unrelated topic. :mad:

I've played just under 400 hours on PS3, ranked colonel 32 and whilst I'm sure there's so much more going on on PC I'm happy with the poor tacked on version. The only issues I ever seem to have are the players you play with being numpties (which happens on every online game)

Haha, but PC gamers have had to put up with the console army for years. From killing PC Gaming to it being better. But it is daft, but fun now and again to join the war haha. Like Apple vs Microsoft.

if you enjoy the game on ps3, then power to you. I like Fifa Manager, yet everyone tells me Football Manager is a better game. Different strokes for different folks.